Webcomics

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 5, 2015.

1. BPD anon

BPD anon Here I sit, broken hearted

I like Unsounded, which I'm reading through right now. Sette reminds me of myself when I was her size in a lot of ways. On the other hand, I find almost every character other than Sette to be pretty boring, so I'm having a bit of trouble getting up to date because it's focusing more and more on non-Sette characters. I adore the magic system. I also love Oots and I'm in the middle of my third reread. I fully agree about it being better than Homestuck at story construction. Monster Pulse is pretty great when it's not focusing on Bina the Boring.

• Like x 2
  2. Another Shy One

Another Shy One More books than clothes

Am i allowed to reiterate how fantastic i find romantically apocalyptic? I am going to because that is a fantastic webcomic with gorgeous artwork and crazy time line schemes that hit you like woah and and guh... i adore zee captain and mr. snippy (poor mr. Snippy). It doesnt update all that often but when it does, ahhhh!

• Like x 2
  3. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

Agreed with BPD anon that Unsounded is amazing :3 I love most of the characters, though, not just Sette. It's got a great update rate too (though does go on regular breaks in between chapters, which is fair).

4. The Phoenixian

The Phoenixian Not an eldrtich abomination, but getting there.

Kill Six Billion Demons has only gotten more interesting since it was last mentioned in this thread.

Trying to spoil as little as possible, I'd say the heart of the comic is it's cosmology: God is dead and man has inherited heaven. That was 8000 years ago. Now heaven stands as a wretched, violent ruin ruled by guilds and uncaring kings.

It is into this that our protagonist, a college age sorority sister named Allison Ruth, is suddenly thrust, holding a key to a power that is coveted by all and a great and terrible destiny.

Includes such things as Kung fu angels,

In some universes the battle tank was created - an armored shell protecting a core of weak flesh and razor sharp reason.

In many ways, an angel is perhaps similar, a fired stone or metal shell protecting a controlled nuclear explosion skilled in millenia old martial arts.

Perhaps.

who are occasionally found on Skelecycles,

“The lightn’ings on which they rode were bent with talon’d lash,

An’ few there were that rode ahead and batter’d out their path,

But others reach’d with grasping hands to pluck fools from the fray,

An’ best as known them sorry souls are ridden to this day.”

– Folk rhyme

and a demonic drinking contest.

“The Devyl is gyven as much to merryment as he is to slaughter. Some may fynd thys puzzlyng. I fynd it necessary.” -Thulsa Drulle

• Like x 5
  5. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

6. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

http://zoophobiacomic.com/post/127351123949 is the current one I'm freaking out about. It isn't really updating anymore since the author has a lot of projects going on, so instead she's finishing each book at a time and posting it all at once. what there is so far is pretty great though, and her characters are absolutely great. It has a varied cast too, even if some of them happen to be, say, anthropomorphized animals..but hey, when aren't those good?

She also has some fun stuff on her youtube channel, mostly speed paints but a couple animations as well, with more to come. This girl is crazy talented...and very busy and honestly i'm a bit worried about her.

Summaries are not my strong suit, but this one's about a human who gets sent to a 'safe haven' to be a school counselor...and wasn't told about the kind of inhabitants the haven was home to. She's terrified of animals, so you can imagine the poor thing's dilemma.

She isn't the main character, but her story is woven in and out of the other's. The author has quiiiiite a lot in store, we were only in the first book when she stopped updating and she's got about six planned. I'm hoping it goes well for her.

• Like x 1
  7. Another Shy One

Another Shy One More books than clothes

I love zoophobia. Viziepop is great in general and her animation is amazing. She updates the comic every thursday btw.

8. bornofthesea670

well she did but she posted on her tumblr and a few other places about the new deal for the comic.

9. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

*quietly slides in thread*
    I'm following Questionable Content (Which I just finished binge-reading), xkcd, Girl Genius, El Goonish Shive, and Schlock Mercenary.

• Like x 2
  10. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

I've been reading (and re-reading) Lovesyck. Distinctly NSFW in places, but hot damn it's good. It's the kind of thing where a character can mention that both her dads were human and her mom was a sentient fighter jet and that's all the explanation we get. I'm not great at explaining things and this is kinda of an overwhelming thing to try to explain anyway, but it's... it kind of reminds me of Tank Girl, if Tank Girl were completely drawn in hypersaturated neon and set in a space nightclub.

11. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

@littlepinkbeast Damn but this is a gorgeous webcomic. Thank you for turning me onto it, it's been a wild read so far and I'm not even fully caught up yet.

• Like x 1
  12. bornofthesea670

small vent, one of the main comics i read is going to be released as the creator finishes chapters, but then only if you pay ten dollars, AND eventually you're gonna get the chapters for free online. so you'd be paying for early access but eventually they'll be free anyway.

people are, of course, complaining. and i just wanna express my annoyance about their annoyance. that is all.

(i paid eighty dollars for all eight issues of Empowered, you bet your heinie imma pay for my muthafuckin webcomic, for one its great and for another the creator is a sweetheart. i know the folks whining are either jerks or like. twelve and also jerks. but i wanna grump at them cause VIV IS A SWEETHEART. A VERY BUSY ONE. LEAVE HER BE U BOOGERS)

• Like x 1
  13. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

That's a really weird thing to complain about. Early access as a Patreon tier is pretty common.

14. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

[​IMG]

I'm feeling pretty won over by those faded background comments. What a beautiful lampshade.

• Like x 5
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I have a tendency to be entertained by webcomics everyone hates. Don't know why, usually. I have said elsewhere my enjoyment of Suicide For Hire was due to silly suicide scenarios making my own depressive urges seem a lot less all-consuming, plus I love dark humour and actually like sesquipedalian loquaciousness.

• Like x 1
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Has anyone brought up Forward yet? It's... hitting close to home.

17. bornofthesea670

no end finally started updating again, I was afraid it was a comic that was shelved and wasn't coming back <3 I missed my apocalypse babies\

I always forget the a in apocalypse until the spellcheck lines show up

18. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Schlock Mercenary has just started the epilogue, after 7,340 strips. You know, in case you were putting off reading it because it was incomplete. The best time to start reading Schlock Mercenary was 20 years ago, literally, but the second best time to start reading it is now!
    @Helen of Boy gave a good summary:

Another recommendation is Scoob and Shag, which starts off as a gag comic featuring our two favorite stoner detectives, and then the plot kicks in and it turns into some combination of horror and action featuring all of your favorite cartoon characters trying to kill each other for Reasons.

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Thanks a million for reccing this, I just shotgunned it and wholeheartedly agree with the recommendation

20. bornofthesea670

I've been struggling with writing what I've been jokingly calling "masters of the universe but the zoophobia version" which is a very AU multi-universe fic that started as an excuse to ship my demon oc with Damian because he's adorable and The Worst

(By masters of the universe I do AM referring to the original title of Fifty Shades before she finished switching out the names of the characters.)

(Mine involves a little less bondage and a lot more Royals Bitching)

And anyway after like 4-5 years of not much happening on the official zoophobia releases I was smacked in the face when the short film just released

And I haven't watched it because What If The Voices Dont Sound Right And Its All Wrong

Anyway I just wanted to whinge into the void, carry on and feel free to tell me if the film was good because I am A Baby

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice