Weird AUs

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wingyl, Jan 7, 2017.

1. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

which one

2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Both. Especially the latter, but both.

• Like x 2
  3. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

One time I crossed over Undertale with a Minecraft modpack.

• Like x 1
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

?

5. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Specifically, it was a Frisk and Chara show up somehow in the world of Minecraft Regrowth.

• Like x 3
  6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oooh i like those kinda asus

• Like x 1
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The Redwall tag on Tumblr has a bit of a running gag involving the "Everyone Fights A Bear AU". Basically what it says on the tin.

• Like x 7
  8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I saw a series of posts where the Skywalkers are terrifying eldritch abominations and decided that every single story with a ~magic bloodline~ in it needs an AU where that family are freaky spooky monsters.

• Like x 17
  9. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

i once did a shortlived RP on cherubplay that had their dave looking for a ben stiller romance, to which i responded as karkat-rping-ben-stiller, if that counts

• Like x 1
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

11. LadyNighteyes

• Like x 2
  12. LadyNighteyes

I should also note that shortly after I decided this I got a misspelled ask from someone who wanted daemon AU thoughts and decided to be the change I wished to see in the world by making my fave a many-winged burning dragon angel barely holding a human form.

• Like x 6
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Give me all the bizarre soulmate AUs. Especially give me ones where in each batch of ectoclones everyone is everyone's poly soulmates because the game wants maximum reproductive combos, or similar in APH because fate wants the nations to bond and bring peace but life is a fuckton more complicated than that, or anything like this.

• Like x 6
  14. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Okay, but you left out the best part, which is that the shipped sentinel/guide pair were the two characters played by Lee Pace in the two universes, who could not be more different characters.

[​IMG]

VS

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  15. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

I have a soulmate AU where people are almost never born soulmates with anyone (exceptions are usually sibling-type soulmates), everyone has a theme song they can play from nowhere at will, and your soulmate tattoo thingies come in monochrome when it becomes very likely that the person will become your soulmate, becoming more and more defined and less and less shapechangey as time goes on, and then when you hear their theme their tattoo thing will colour in.

Main character has like 7 soulmates and one of them is a spirit. Their soulmate tattoo doesn't know what to do with that, it slowly cycles between full colour and the silvery kind of colour that superhydrophobic things held underwater get (aka the colour soulmarks turn when their person dies, before fading away entirely).

• Like x 5
  16. Birdy

Birdy so long

any AU where eldritch abominations are involved is g o o d

also SBURB AU for everything

also once i read a my chemical romance fic (please, please do not question this) where...well it's a long story as to the real life events that inspired it, but the conceit is everyone in the band will accidentally turn into a cat if under too much stress. it was very sad and not very funny at all.

• Like x 5
  17. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

@Birdy what do you think about undertale AUs where the monsters are slightly eldritch?

• Like x 3
  18. Birdy

Birdy so long

the Best possible thing

like the lab segment was one of my favorite parts of the game, and a lot of the monsters that aren't puns are a little...off to begin with. even some of the ones that are puns.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  19. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

It's been a while since I played, but like. Toriel whose claws and teeth shift slightly depending on her moods, and whose fur flows into her fangs/tusks/whatever those two external-looking 'teeth' things are (whether they're rooted inside or outside her mouth, or even if they're teeth at all and not, say, very weird beakthings) like one of those optical illusion books. Asgore with the same, and his cloak is able to fit things that it has no right to. Sans and Papyrus with voids in their skulls, able to warp physics at will. Alphys who shifts between feathers and two different types of scales, who sometimes has fused horns and sometimes a feather crest, who sometimes has herbivore teeth and sometimes sharp carnivore teeth and, very rarely, a beak. Froggits who have eyes in the black voids under them, who move, sometimes, like costumes, but their heads are definitely real.

Stuff like that.

• Like x 12
  20. Birdy

Birdy so long

10/10 good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats ✔ some goodshit rightthere right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice