Welcome to Old Detroit (Motorcity)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Lizardlicks, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Hurt me.

• Like x 1
  2. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

im cowriting a fic with splickety im REAL EXCITED ABOUT and just generally want more fic and art in general. SIGH.

lizard, i am def on board for your ideas on julie + jacob interactions, that was neat. two characters who were so close to kane once and then had to pull away in horror and directly oppose him... super dramatic! and sad.

i keep thinking about how, you know, it's a kids' show, but if i were in julie's situation i would be guilty 24/7 that i couldn't bring myself to kill my dad in his sleep. like, she probably could! she could assassinate him. but she also just can't. what a terrible situation...

3. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

(is that fic the amnesia one? because i am SUPER LOOKING FORWARD to that one, just the art is hurting my heart in so many ways.)

4. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

I'm always here to be sad about Motorcity. I've been all kinds of here for Live Free and I'm so excited!! To hear the new one is co-written by Roach!! This is gonna be so cool!! Please do fuck me up about Motorcity

5. roach

Live Free is so good! arrrgh. and yeah im doing the amnesia fic with splickety, it feels really good to be excited and inspired by fic again. i've been stalled out for awhile now.

6. roach

p.s i keep thinking ruby should join the burners, she's a badass. someone give her a motorcycle and a laser sword, pls.

• Like x 1
  7. roach

SPEAKING OF badass girls, who wants to talk about julie growing into the ambition and aggression she got from her father? i absolutely love every moment of julie being ruthless and going after what she wants— when she decides she WILL inherit deluxe, that's awesome. a second season to watch her start to take the reins would have been awesome, obviously, but some fic'd be great too. girls becoming queens is one of my favorite things.

• Like x 4
  8. Petra

Petra space case

I've started watching Motorcity because of @roach . This was a good decision. Thanks roach.

• Like x 1
  9. garden

garden lucid dreamer

I also started watching Motorcity because of @roach and I have to say it is mildly startling that Julie & Sadie (from Steven Universe) have the same voice actress.

• Like x 3
  10. Lizardlicks

Fic desires: Julie, Chuck and Mike are in poly relationship. Claire has been growing more emotionally distant and moody with Julie and Julie finally figures out it's because Claire has had a GIANT CRUSH on her for forever. Julie gives Claire the same talk Mike gave her about loving more than one person being okay and that she is absolutely not off the dating scene just because she has romantic partner(s). Que make outs.

• Like x 5
  11. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

so, I'm watching motorcity now and *screaming forever*

• Like x 1
  12. emythos

I'm on threat level: texas
    this is fucking hilarious
    omg

• Like x 1
  13. roach

TEXAS IS AWESOME
    (texas is awesome)

• Like x 2
  14. emythos

HE IS
    this whole show is
    it's a pile of dorks in cars and it's beautiful

• Like x 1
  15. Lizardlicks

YEAH, TEXAS!

• Like x 1
  16. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

I've watched the first few episodes with my best friend (And i enjoyed them i lot) and read some good fics but aaaugh

I'm afraid of trying to watch ep1 again to the end of the season because I'm afraid of feeling upset that such a show never got a second season?? :(

i mean i really wanna see the rest of what's available but feelings of loss are weird and ache weird

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    • Like x 3
  17. roach

yeah that's always the problem with watching old shows. you're like 'but where's more?' and there is no more. ):<

• Like x 1
  18. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

and like. if it had gotten more seasons. i'm pretty sure we'd all think of the first season as Not The Best, the one where they're just finding their feet, but we'll NEVER KNOW what it might have become eventually!

• Like x 2
  19. Lizardlicks

Yeah, they did so good on the first season, they could have went so far.

20. Petra

Petra space case

I've been putting off watching the last 3 episodes because there's no more. Like, for months.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice