=> Wes, Bump Into A Robot

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by wes scripserat, Jun 18, 2015.

1. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

(OOC Note: This is second person ala boat trolls because that's the sort of writing i'm comfortable with?)

You realize it's not human, or being, or... word that means living thing that walks on two legs and has unprogrammed thoughts, because after it bumps into you it keeps making little whirring noises and bumping into you again and again.
    You'd temporarily made legs because you were curious what walking and running felt like- and now you get rid of them because floating is a lot more fun, of all the ways of moving around that don't involve tearing space around you (this scares people, so you don't do it even though it's really fast and you can make zooming noises while you do it.)
    You scoop the whirring thing up and look around for Jesse- you haven't been here long but you know the farmer is the one who takes care of the whirring things.
    You might as well make your way towards the farms.
    You're currently a few feet outside holy gate- you wanted to go to your corner room for a bit, things had gotten loud in your head again.

2. mysubaccount

mysubaccount (Not) A Catboy

Ooh, a sick robot! Calcite leaps off the roof of Holy Gate and chases after Wes to investigate.

3. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

Meanwhile, Jesse is in the seed starting shed, loading rice seedlings into the paddy bot (a bright yellow floatie with long spidery legs, named Sherbet) and reminiscing about tunafish sandwiches. "We gotta get some aquaculture going around here."

In his earpiece, Seebs grumbles that fish is not delicious, and in fact is not food at all, just like mushrooms are not food.

"Thanks for reminding me to start another shiitake log," Jesse grins.

"Nope. Wrong." says his earpiece.

"Gonna do it."

"No."

"Yes."

"Okay, actually I don't really care."

"I know, honey." Jesse sends Sherbet off to plant those rice seedlings and turns to the next tub of sprouts.

He has no idea that one of his bots, elsewhere in the colony, is malfunctioning, but would not be very surprised if he knew. Kintsugi is hazardous terrain for such little machines.

((mostly just posting to subscribe the thread, you don't have to involve me if your rp takes you elsewhere))

• Like x 2
  4. wes scripserat

Wes, oblivious to any curious watchers, continues its floaty way towards the farms.
    That's what it's supposed to do with the broken whirry things, right?

5. mysubaccount

They come to the entrance to one of the tunnels that leads from the city out to Jesse's farm. Calcite sprints to catch up and shouts out "Hi, Wes!" since that's how humans greet each other. In case Wes turns around, Calcite makes the facial expression that he's pretty sure humans use to mean they're friendly: he clenches his jaws together and pulls his lips back as far as they go, showing as many teeth as he can. That's a smile, right?

6. wes scripserat

Calcite is making a weird smile, and seems- vaguely strange about human behavior. Oh, goody, another person.
    Wes flaps a hand in an aproximation of a wave and says, "Hi! It's nice to meet another person who is bad at humaning. Wait, did I say that weird? I'm not human."
    It somehow manages to pull off a confused scrunchy face despite not having any face.

7. mysubaccount

Quick, think of a human-sounding thing to say! "It's nice to meet you, too! I don't know if I'm human. Can I see your sick robot?"

8. wes scripserat

"That's what they're called?" Wes asks, holding out the... robot? "I think it's... broken?"

9. mysubaccount

Calcite sniffs the robot. "Smells normal," he announces. "I think. Poor thing. Do you think it's in pain? Should we take it to Holy Gate?"

10. wes scripserat

"I don't know if that... maybe we should bring it to Jesse, you know, the farmer?"

11. mysubaccount

"Sure. You think it just needs to see its dad?" Calcite thinks about times he and other cats have been sick or hurt. "You're right, it probably wants to get away from all these strangers." He thinks some more about sick cats. "Should we be trying to show it we're not going to hurt it while it's sick? Do you think it needs a hug or something?" Humans like hugs, right? The robot might not be human, but its dad is human, so it's probably used to human things. Calcite also smiles at the robot, in case that helps.

12. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

((oh eff it I will join. ))

Void, the finder of all things robotic and inedible. The one who shoves things in their mouth for fun.

They have discovered not only one, but two people AND a broken robot. A grin crosses its maw as it saunters up, fat tail dragging the ground. Without making a noise, it eyes the robot. Another grin flashes across their face. Then it leans down and tries to shove the robot in their mouth.

13. mysubaccount

In the blink of an eye, Calcite is a tiger and pouncing on Void. He hopes Wes will grab the robot and run to Jesse.

14. Void

Oh damn now they are being jumped on by a weird large stripey cat. A screech that sounds like a combination of a bird and a baby scream comes out of their mouth and their large heavy paws immediately swipe and flail at Calcite. They are not a weakling, and their blows are pretty hard. Especially because jumping on them has caused a massive panic response.

They were trying to do what they normally did, so being jumped on has freaked them out immensely.

15. mysubaccount

Ow ow ow! Calcite does not like this! But he has to save the robot's life. It's not that he thinks Void is evil for what he eats (Calcite's eaten too many rats that had families and ran in terror and hurt when he crushed their necks to condemn anyone else.) It's just that the people of Kintsugi are Calcite's friends now, and that means their kids are his friends, and this robot is Jesse's child. Also, he doens't recognize Void (he's pretty new here), so for all he knows, this is some wild animal that got in and is attacking.

Calcite goes for Void's throat, but one of Void's blows knocks him off just in time. As Calcite gets to his feet again he looks to see if the robot is in Void's mouth or on the run with Wes. He won't attack again if the robot's gone already.

16. wes scripserat

Wes sort of panics, fleeing (well, floating) away, robot (which is still whirring) clutched in its fingers. It is freaked out by all the fighting. It zooms towards the find and looks around for Jesse. It is aware that it is making loud blooping noises in its panic.

• Like x 1
  17. mysubaccount

Calcite hisses and bares his teeth at Void one last time, then runs off after Wes and the robot, still a tiger. He's still curious about how robots can get sick when they're so different from other animals. Besides, Jesse will be glad someone saved his child. Calcite's seen a lot of mother cats. If humans are anything like cats, then they really don't like their kids getting eaten. And stopping that from happening might be just the thing to ensure Calcite has a safe place in human society.

18. wes scripserat

Wes is a little worried about Void and Calcite being hurt, but it's still important to find, something.
    It hears tiger-Calcite's footsteps and turns.

19. Void

Void grumbles and gets up when Calcite moves off. Feeling slighted, they slip into subspace to hide away and find a better place to hang out.

20. mysubaccount

[Void, I just want to make sure you know my character isn't me and I like you.]

Calcite doesn't look hurt. After sprinting to catch up to Wes, he follows at a more comfortable pace, not visibly favoring any legs or anything. (He's hurt, but he's not going to let on.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice