=> Wes, Bump Into A Robot

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by wes scripserat, Jun 18, 2015.

1. mysubaccount

mysubaccount (Not) A Catboy

AAAAAAH PEOPLE! Now there are three of them and Calcite doesn't know any of them and he's already having two conversations at once. He looks at the new cat-human just long enough to tell that, yep, that's a cat-human, then politely stops staring because, yep, that's a cat-human, he (Calcite can't tell if it's a he or not) probably doesn't want to be stared at any more than Calcite does. There are so many of them and Calcite flaps the hand on his free arm and it isn't for the same reason as before.

Jesse's nice, he's getting along okay with Wes, and he knows how to get along with cats. He'll be fine. He'll be fine! He gets up, still not looking straight at the strange cat. Whoever this is seems friendly, though. Toward him, even! He's not sure whether to smile like a human or not. Does this human-cat know human and cat body language? Or just one? Maybe human's the best bet, since she (is she a she? Calcite can't tell) waved like a human and talks like a human.

So he looks at her, but just to be safe, he doesn't bare his teeth, no matter how friendly humans think smiles are. "I'm new here," he says. "Nice to meet you." And he walks over to her, slowly, not making any sudden moves, and smells her. He leans his face in toward hers in case she feels like being cat-friendly. She might! She doesn't seem wary (or maybe she's human-wary, he's not used to that yet, but it seems like the stranger kicking him out by force is off the table), maybe because they're both Kintsugijin now.

He's going to have to remember to ask Wes more about the spaceship thing, too, just as soon as he's done with this meet-and-greet, unless the new cat wants to stay, or Jesse says something, or Wes doesn't want to talk more. People are so complicated, especially new species of people that Calcite's never met before!

• Like x 1
  2. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

((oh my god everyone in this thread is adorable and i'm waiting for an opening to jump in))

• Like x 2
  3. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

((any more ppl show up and jesse's gonna suggest we take it to the farmhouse porch, cuz the workshop's getting a little crowded :D))

4. mysubaccount

((And Calcite might run and hide.))

5. strictly quadrilateral

((which is why i'm waiting i just. everyone is so cute. help))

6. mysubaccount

((Go ahead and show up. Calcite will probably run and hide adorably. I'd just like to find some way to get him to understand that robots aren't sentient first because then he'll have the excuse of running off to apologize to Void.))

7. strictly quadrilateral

"Spaceships?" Bel squishes his nose on the window. "I want to hear about - oh! Hi Wes! and Cody! and - I don't know you. Wait right there." He runs around to the door and flings it open enthusiastically. "Hello! I'm Bel!"

((not specifically mentioning Jesse because he'd know it was Jesse's house.))

8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

The new cat person seems upset, so Cody purrs a little under their breath and politely leans in to sniff their face. They smell, well, new.
    "Do you want a pie?" Cody asks. They never do know what to do with new people.
    "Jesse, pie?" Oh he´s busy. The poor robot looks quite messed up, so they just put pie and invitation on a nearby table.
    Cody jumps when Bel bursts in.
    "Hi Bel. Do you want pie?"

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  9. mysubaccount

And now there are four people! Calcite's ears are down against his head but he keeps himself from hissing. They're all so big and there are so many and his mother always taught him to keep away from humans and now he's surrounded by them.

He tells himself they're all friendly. They're all friendly. They're all friendly. They're all friendly they're all friendly they're all friendly they're all friendly friendly friendlyfriendlyfriendlyfriendlyfriendlyfriendly...

Besides, he can probably turn into a dragon! Probably.

Oh, look, there's room under one of those tables! Time to hide very, very ineffectively!

• Like x 1
  10. mysubaccount

((Is this happening at a different time from => Ivy: Be in Distress? Since Bel's here and there too?)

11. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

(btw, I´m aware cody kinda sounds like a brken record, but there is a new and unfamiliar person and that´s my/their purrticular reaction to social confusion)

12. jacktrash

Jesse turns around to consider the growing crowd. He shoves his hat back and scratches his head.

"Ya know what," he proposes, "I have a fresh pitcher of ice tea up at the house, it'd go nice with that pie. How about we head up to the porch where there's more room? I'm thinking Tiger Bro would appreciate the open space," he adds, tilting his head to smile at the guy under the workbench.

13. mysubaccount

Tiger Bro is appreciating his ineffective hiding space a lot more than he'd appreciate a big open space where there's nowhere to hide, however ineffectively. But he doesn't say so.

"Tiger Bro?" he asks, even more curious than nervous. His ears even perk back up. "Why am I Tiger Bro? Is there something wrong with my other name? Does Tiger Bro mean something? And what's pie?" It smells like the bakery near where he used to live. It's a lot more appealing to him now than it used to be when he was a cat. He might even go hang out in a big open space surrounded by lots of strange humans if it means he gets to try pie.

14. jacktrash

"I don't know your other name, bro. You looked tigerish when you came galloping up the path at first, so I started thinking of you that way. It's all been pretty hectic, maybe we should start over." He bends down and offers his hand. "Hi, I'm Jesse, I do the farming around here. Thanks for bringing Pug home. You wanna come hang out on my porch and have snacks?"

15. mysubaccount

"Yes!" Calcite actually knows how to shake hands! "I've been calling myself Calcite. I don't do anything around here yet. Oh, and you're welcome for Pug. Hey, speaking of Pug, how come you didn't do anything to make it hurt less when you started working?" Probably the same reason he rubbed those stinging wipes over Calcite. Calcite's willing to believe Jesse and the other humans really care about each other, they're just... kind of... hardcore.

16. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

The new person is acting more like a cat than a human, so Cody squints their eyes at them instead of smiling, which might alarm them even more.
    "Pie is what happens when Cody has too many cherries." They explain. "I´m sure There are tables to hide under on Jesse´s porch as well, if mew purrfur that."
    (Going to bed soon, if needed feel free to tow Cody along porchwards.)

• Like x 1
  17. mysubaccount

Calcite is puzzled by Cody's weird accent, but looking forward to pie and glad someone here seems to speak his language, so to speak. He blinks deliberately.

Calcite shifts like maybe he's getting ready to get out from under the table, but he's not going to get out until he doesn't have two people standing over him, even if they're being nice.

18. jacktrash

"Calcite," Jesse repeats. "Nice to meet you." To the question about Pug, he says, surprised, "Pug's mechanical, like I said. I didn't design it with any pain receptors, so it doesn't hurt. It knows something's wrong, but that's not pain really, it just wants me to hook up my tablet and dump the diagnostics log. Which I'll do once we've all moved up to the porch."

He tucks the little bot under his arm, shoves a little pack of screwdrivers into his jeans pocket, and leads the way out of the shed and up to the farmhouse's long wrap-around porch. He deliberately turns his back on Cal and lets him follow at his own pace, cuz that's how you do with cats.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    • Like x 2
  19. mysubaccount

"You mean I got all beat up saving something that doesn't even care?" Calcite shouts after him. Not long after, he realizes something else. "You mean I beat up Void for nothing?" He was okay with fighting Void to save Pug, but he's never been cruel and he didn't really want Void hurt, it was just something he didn't think could be avoided. He hopes he can apologize later.

But first: pie! He follows everyone to the porch. It's a nice porch, hidden from the sky (he guesses he doesn't need to worry about birds anymore, but he's used to worrying), open on three sides (good, he can run away if he has to). He spends a little while looking around before he settles down and sits at one of the chairs for pie.

20. jacktrash

Jesse fetches the pitcher of ice tea and a stack of dessert plates from the house, then settles down with robot, tablet, and tools to try to figure out how Pug got marfed up in the first place. Once the initial rush of pie-sharing has died down a bit, he confides in Cal, "My bots might not be smart enough to care, but I care. I put a lot of work into them and they take care of this town in a lot of ways. So really, thank you." He grins. "Might wanna tell Void sorry next time you see them, though."

((i'm going to go watch some videos now, so i may not rp any more tonight. feel free to have things continue on the porch or move on or whatever; jesse will just be Mellow Farmer Dad and fix the bot and eat pie.))

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice