What are your fan fiction gripes?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by OtherCat, Aug 27, 2016.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Stuck one up in Make It So!

• Like x 5
  2. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Catching up from when I was gone. Sorry if people are sick of any of these topics.

Did we ever get an update on the kudos situation? I'm curious about it. I'd honestly believe a glitch or exploitation of a glitch. I'm not sure how Ao3 restricts guest kudos. If it's by IP, you could probably pull that off with no bots, no scripting, and barely any knowledge of how to computer, but I have no idea why. I mean, that is a lot of kudos. It would take a while and be so, so insanely repetitive.

I nearly hurt myself laughing. Thank you.

Sometimes if it's slash and you're really desperate, it works to go to 4chan and ask /y/. Bring slashy artwork (not photography, I don't think images of real people are allowed) as an offering. Preferably something NSFW. Even more preferably related to the fandom and/or pairing of the thing you're looking for. /y/ is *definitely* NSFW or brain, so if you haven't been there before, be warned. Of course be very, very careful downloading anything from 4chan, but /y/ does sometimes deliver. Due to the nature of the site, I think there are probably just lots of people there who save *everything* by habit.

• Like x 4
  3. garden

garden lucid dreamer

just checked and nothing much seems to have changed except that a fic by a different author now has the #1 spot for transformers fic sorted by kudos. #2-8
    are still the black crayons series.

• Like x 2
  4. 2dawn

2dawn Three ounces of whoop ass

Ah, understandable for both of those cases, then. I will continue to fight the good fight and give the KH peeps flames.

...Ok, now I have to list my headcanons:
    Sora - sky, obviously. Like duh.
    Riku - storm because destruction of destiny islands, darkness, always involved in a fight, etc, also I'm just biased like that and I like my parallels
    Kairi - sun because activation and Princess and I'm pretty sure she would punch all the things if no one stopped her and it would be awesome as shit
    Naminé - must because illusions, less direct method of attack, the MYSTery surrounding how she actually can exist given how she was born, etc.
    Axel - thunder/lightning because drawing attention/attacks to himself seems like an Axely thing to do
    Aqua - rain because water mom and she's also just a stone cold badass most of the time
    Can't figure out who I'd put as cloud flame tho, since Roxas and Ven and Xion are also sky flames because of Sora. I guess you could argue for Terra being cloud flame, but I feel he might be another storm flame because parallels to Riku. Maybe Mickey could be the cloud flame? But I feel like he's more sun than cloud... Hmm...
    /nerding, for now

• Like x 3
  5. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I'd actually tend to assume replicas are a mix of cloud and whatever their original has, because propogation copies.

• Like x 1
  6. Pix

Pix Active Member

I can see how deleting Kudos off a fic because its too popular could set a bad precedent, but man I really want that author off ao3

Or at least those fics

• Like x 4
  7. 2dawn

2dawn Three ounces of whoop ass

That's pretty sound logic, but isn't anything mixed with sky just sky anyway? Since sky is a combination of all the other flames.

8. Starcrossedsky

maybe in a natural sky, but... gestures.

#we should probably either make a KHR thread or move to the KH thread or the crossover thread

• Like x 1
  9. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

please tag me if u make the thread

• Like x 1
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I think there already was one, 'my friends are my shower' or something?

11. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

wrong fandom XD

12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh, oops :p

13. Starcrossedsky

yeah I made a kh thread already, I can make a khr one tho

• Like x 1
  14. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Update from ao3 on the absurdly inflated kudos count:

'sometimes bots do these things and ain't nothing we can do about it so have a nice day kthxbai'

:excalibur:

• Like x 9
  15. garden

garden lucid dreamer

:excalibur:

On an unrelated note: ASoIaF/GoT fans, I know you love your theories. But fanfic writers are not obliged to abide by your favorite crazy theory.

This isn't even aimed at people for or against L+R=J, but rather at one particular review I received:

I mean, I was polite enough when responding to her review, but what I wanted to say was: I don't care if Viserys being alive is your favorite theory and it has marvelous potential, but it's not fucking eye-roll-worthy for fanfic writers to go with canon when they're writing and not crazy fanon. Are you serious.

• Like x 16
  16. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

You. You guys.

I just found E-rated Lego Batman fic.

It's A/B/O.

WHYYYY?!!?!???

... *goes to find out why.*

• Like x 21
  17. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

God speed.

• Like x 12
  18. Aya-non

Aya-non Well-Known Member

Very, very specific gripe that's more a "I wanna write down the complaint somewhere" than "This is actually a widespread issue that needs to be fixed" sort of thing: I love podfics, I love the good ones even more, and I love that there's one of one of my favorite old crossover fics.

But that's not how you pronounce "shogunate," gorramit; I'm gonna start screaming.

• Like x 10
  19. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

They better have replaced knotting with Lego studs locking into place. :::PPP

• Like x 19
  20. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

They didn't. :( No lego anatomy at all in fact. I am disappoint.

• Like x 14
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice