What are your fan fiction gripes?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by OtherCat, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Can't speak towards blowjobs, but the idea of pop rocks on my junk made my vagina shrivel up and die, so...

2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I get the idea it would be less painful on a dick than a vag, if they managed to avoid it getting directly in the urethra and washed immediately afterwards, since the penis does have yeast cells present but is covered with non-mucous-membrane skin. Get it near vaginal yeast and this will happen, followed by this.

• Informative x 2
  3. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I'd think the sensation would be pretty unpleasant too.

• Agree x 3
  4. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Few things scream human as much as that, blowjob poprocks. And I'm not sure what this says about us.

• Agree x 9
  5. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

I've seen otherwise completely reputable sex toy stores sell them, too.

• Informative x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I hate Pop Rocks because my hypersensitivity interprets the fizzing sensation as stinging pain. I can only imagine the result there.

• Witnessed x 2
  7. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Also i uh. Okay there's a german product called 'brausepulver' which is i think fairly close to sherbet powder and I'll have you know that elementary school kids over here do sometimes dare each other to snort it.

So like. I don't think the 'ow' factor of 'pop rocks meet delicate mucuous membranes' would actually stop anyone truly determined.

• Agree x 6
  8. Aondeug

if you weren't snorting smarties as a child were you even living

• Agree x 4
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I do vividly recall a sadly lost Tumblr post about a guy who snorted Pixie Stix dust and tricked his bullies into doing the same with stix laced with wasabi.

• Winner x 3
  10. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Now do you mean the powdery sugqr tablets (called Rockets here) or the nestle smarties which are basically m&ms

• Like x 1
  11. Aondeug

The little powdery boys.

• Agree x 1
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I was thinking, you'd have a hard time snorting the Smarties I'm familiar with.

• Agree x 2
  13. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I definitely don’t plan to try that, but pop rocks don’t register to me as painful on the mucus membranes in my mouth. They don’t feel like that much, and it’s not unpleasant.

• Like x 1
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I don't reckon it would necessarily hurt immediately, but I also don't think it would cause massive orgasms, and it almost certainly would cause infections later, which is the part I was concerned about pain happening in.

• Agree x 3
  15. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

Every time Chloe Price is referred to as 'the bluenette' my soul leaps back in time to 1999 before dying a little.

• Witnessed x 12
    • Agree x 1
  16. Silver Sheep

Silver Sheep IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

the ceruleanne

• Witnessed x 6
    • Useful x 1
  17. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

I saw "the blackette" on FFN the other week and immediately wanted to die

• Witnessed x 9
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Writers who forget that their character is not the only one in their setting with a certain skill. So your character has magic. That's nice. You've already established that everyone around her has magic too, and she has no reason to be significantly more powerful than them.

• Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 1
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Other people shouldn't be surprised your character can turn into a wolf and attempt to rip their arm off when they attack her if people they know do that all the time and they already know she's a werewolf. Why would they be dumb enough to not prep for that?

• Agree x 1
  20. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

The deep and terrible uncertainty of looking at the tags on a fic and wondering whether the author is aware of the difference between / and &, because both are theoretically plausible from the other tags but it will be an extremely different fic depending on whether or not that slash was a mistake.

• Witnessed x 15
    • Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice