What are your fan fiction gripes?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by OtherCat, Aug 27, 2016.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

You say that but back when I first got Radiant Historia rabies I looked up all the fic I could find and one of them was sibling incest and I looked at it despite it not being my kinktomato and it failed to comment on the incest thing so completely that I still wonder if they wrote it without... knowing it was incest. So they've been making 'em like that for at least 10 years!

• Witnessed x 8
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

People demanding I write their ideas for free, when I gave no indication that was something I would do.
    ETA: Good grief, here's the profile of the guy who did:
    So he's on AO3 to get people to send him fics for free, without him even approaching them? That's what the phrasing suggests.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2023
    • Witnessed x 2
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

How would anyone out of the blue just know what interests him....

• Agree x 3
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I have no idea, and it isn't working since he has no bookmarks. What he asked me to write was Puss in Boots fic about Puss and Kitty Softpaws dying horribly, which I wouldn't want to write even if he DID pay me.

• Witnessed x 3
  5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

wow, what a deranged individual.

• Agree x 4
  6. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

I'm not kinkshaming, but I am entitlementshaming.

• Agree x 8
  7. swirlingflight

No visible bookmarks??? How would anyone who wanted to even begin to figure out the preferences there??
    /exaggerated outrage for amusement sake, but also, not very exaggerated

• Agree x 2
  8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

It's plausible he only meant those instructions to apply to people he'd already contacted, but that's not how he phrased it.

I'd like to add that he calls himself a "27 year old boy". Well, at least he knows he's not acting like an adult.

• Agree x 1
  9. LadyNighteyes

Mods are asleep, post apNed?
    upload_2023-8-24_15-18-41.png

• Winner x 14
    • Agree x 3
  10. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

This is so funny what the fuck, I love apned.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2023
    • Agree x 2
  11. swirlingflight

My apNed helps me in the kitchen all the time

• Agree x 4
    • Informative x 1
  12. peripheral

My apned brings all the boys to the yard

• Agree x 5
  13. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

they ron on my ap till I Ned

• Agree x 3
  14. peripheral

Is the spork this is from still up

15. LadyNighteyes

• Winner x 4
  16. peripheral

God bless

• Agree x 3
  17. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

I want to find these people and teach them how to use word processors better.
    1. You can make your search case-sensitive! You could still get the occasional Nedin wandering around, if they were at the beginning of the sentence, but it should catch 99% of the problems.
    2. You can make your search match only entire words! Don't worry, this counts an apostrophe as a word break, so Ron's will become Ned's. Now you're safe as long as the old character's name isn't a word. If it is, you can also activate the case-sensitive option, and you will be almost guaranteed that nobody will be dancing with a long-stemmed white Murderbot between their teeth.
    3. If you really want to be nasty, there is even an option to manually confirm each replacement before it's made, to make sure it makes sense! Sure, this might increase the time it takes to convert a fic from one fandom to another from two minutes to maybe ten but, y'know, some people care about their work, or the work of whoever they're ripping off, and want to go the extra mile.
    I mean, sweet Athe, what does it take to get some basic computer skills in here?

• Agree x 8
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  18. blue

blue hightown funk you up

wandering Nedins

• Agree x 4
    • Winner x 1
  19. LadyNighteyes

That would be legendary though, let's be real.

• Agree x 10
  20. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

(good omens) it really annoys me when people interpret "sexless unless they really make an effort" as "most angels are smooth like a ken doll down there." 1) tell me one good reason they would leave an entire body part off the corporation when things like taste buds and body hair come included and 2) you know apparently it is actually possible to be asexual and/or agender while still Having Genitals. wild.

• Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice