What are your fan fiction gripes?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by OtherCat, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

investigators show up, it goes from overdone angst to romcom as they end up trying to matchmake these pathetic garden fucks so they'll stop being sick

• Like x 18
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Oh damn, that is an EXCELLENT horror premise and a REALLY BAD romance premise.

...I now have darkfic ideas.

• Like x 21
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Gimme all the deconstructions! Deconstructing silly fanfic tropes is amazing and doesn't happen nearly enough!

• Like x 9
  4. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

(Or, for that matter,
    "abusive douchebag actually does have it and it's triggered by the perception of their love not being returned, so if you try to get the hell out of there they will die and it'll be on your hands and people will blame you for it because why didn't you just try harder, they loved you and you killed them, you uncaring monster."
    )

• Like x 18
  5. Minitiate

Minitiate Delicious

Somebody please write darkfic or deconstruction or something, this is such a fun idea.

• Like x 7
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Think if we asked her nicely Nicole Dollanganger would write a song about it? It sounds like something she'd do.

• Like x 2
  7. Acey

Does it have to be YOI? Or can it be any fandom?

• Like x 2
  8. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

i vote any fandom

• Like x 9
  9. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

God I read a voltron fic with that and it was so boring

10. Acey

Well, since it IS Femslash February and I'm trying to write a lot of oneshots for it...and since one of my femslash ships has some wonderful potential to be super fucked up...

• Like x 12
  11. Acey

(yes it's gonna be pearlrose)

• Like x 16
  12. shmeed

shmeed plant me

thumb up.gif
    GOOD

• Like x 8
  13. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

Wow, irony. Irony and thorns, ow.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    • Like x 16
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity I browsed the tag on AO3 and discovered that the chouhaki disease variant is even worse; I really doubt butterflies could survive in someone's lungs long enough to be coughed up.

I'd kill for a good deconstruction fic of this or any other weird trope in Hetalia.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    • Like x 11
  15. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Each country would have their national plant grow. Some can probably get even more horrifying.

• Like x 8
  16. LadyNighteyes

Also: what if the person has asthma. Or a pollen allergy. Their first crush would probably be fatal in hours.

• Like x 14
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I think in a world which had magic, which is the only way to get plants growing in a living person's lungs, they'd have to develop magical cures rather than leaping straight to drastic surgery.

• Like x 9
  18. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

That was the thing- the fic wasn't really magical realism in tone at all! Like it was just like. A Thing That Happens, and the protag didn't know about the disease at all which is I think the most unbelievable part about this whole premise. Even if it affected 1 in a billion people we would fucking know about the fucking flower lung disease.

• Like x 14
  19. LadyNighteyes

Yeah, it seems to be one of those Fanfic Premises that just gets bolted onto the existing setting with minimal changes to the world, regardless of how much it clashes with the tone. Like "mystical soulmate bonds."

• Like x 12
  20. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I quite like mystical soulmate bonds, but this seems just silly.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice