What did you read today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by shmeed, May 19, 2017.

1. shmeed

shmeed plant me

because reading is good and sometimes hard

post what you read today, if ur so inclined

also feel free to post ur opinions on it

anything counts if you feel like it should count (audiobooks, news stories, textbooks, webcomics, etc)

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like x 4
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

• Like x 2
  3. shmeed

shmeed plant me

today i actually made progress from http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=009386 which had me frozen for about a week because of overwhelming choice and overwhelming chatlogs
    i read a few pages worth of them and im onto part 2 3

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  4. iff

iff Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  5. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Started reading Domestication, which is about exactly what it sounds like: domestication of various species. It's pretty accessible and talks about some of the genetic things behind domestication and the "domestication syndrome". The first chapter was about foxes; a group has been breeding exceptionally human-tolerant kits for a long time, and in the 2000's they'd bred foxes that were tame enough to be pets. Interestingly, a lot of the traits that are in domesticated dogs (curly tail, floppy ears, etc.) appeared in the foxes as well. Chapter two is about dogs proper but I've only just started reading it.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  6. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I'm starting my annual Glorious 25th of May Night Watch reread tomorrow, if that counts.

• Like x 1
  7. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

• Like x 1
  8. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

I'm rereading Dianna Wynne Jones' Howl's Moving Castle, this time writing notes in the margins.

• Like x 2
  9. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Just finished it a few minutes ago. Still gives me Thoughts and Feelings and I am as pleased as ever by the fact that Vetinari's aunt drinks two entire bottles of champagne out of a blue mug with a teddy bear on it.

10. shmeed

shmeed plant me

thread necro because i read a whole book in one fuckin sitting and by golly im pleased as punch about it
    after like 17 years on my radar i finally read Like Water for Chocolate
    it was a pretty enjoyable read although i think i dont like magical realism when it's used with more regularity than pepper at dinner and there was a fuckton in there
    but one book, one sitting. its short but its a book. ive leveled up

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  11. shmeed

shmeed plant me

12. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Oh hey, I read Like Water for Chocolate like... 11 years ago now? 12? And I still can't forget that candle scene. (The recipes did sound intriguing, though.)

13. shmeed

shmeed plant me

omg the candle scene was so fucking much
    ngl i was still like 75% on board and then the candle scene happened and my eyes glazed over for the rest of the book

• Agree x 1
  14. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

... well now I have to read LWFC and know even though I probably don't want to know

but

I must know

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice