what do i do

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by dobedobedo, Jul 25, 2017.

1. dobedobedo

dobedobedo Member

talking with person i like lots
    have crush on person
    tell person about crush
    person says not right time or place for them, don't know if interested in me, etc
    okfine.jpg
    promise to not flirt, talk about crush
    find it hard but manage fairly well (bad at hiding emotions, crush still v strong)
    time passes
    boundaries get wonkier
    are we flirting i don't know but encourages dumbbrain to push things
    get upset at self
    don't know how to interpret person's reactions to me saying am upset at self for pushing things
    can't ask them to talk about it they are v bad at that
    don't feel like can ask them to police own boundaries they are kinda bad at that
    don't trust self
    can't make crush go away except by stopping talking to them altogether
    am disgrace to humanity
    what do

• Witnessed x 4
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

If it helps, in my experience, crushes do fade eventually. It can take a very, very long time, but after long enough without reciprocation they generally just go away, for me at least.

Still, it's a tough situation, and I wish I had actual advice to give. :c

3. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Yes, crushes do fade. Never quickly enough (if you ask me), but there will be a time when it's just gone in my experience.

Regarding the boundaries, you can have a conversation with this person that amounts to something like this:
    'Remember when I told you I had a crush on you? I know you said you don't have a crush on me, but I have received some mixed signals lately. Can we agree that if you do ever reciprocate my feelings that you tell me? Until that time (if ever) I will just interprete all signals as friend signals only

Or something like that. Probably someone can tweak this to make this clearer? You get the gist hopefully.

4. dobedobedo

dobedobedo Member

basically told person we had to stop being textually affectionate cos i couldn't take it as platonic
    person perfectly happy with this no sign that they give even the tiniest shit might even be happy bout it
    oh well

eta: was being unfair. they are sad too. will stop being entitled douchenugget now

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

-offer hugs and pets-

6. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

*offers comfort*
    Oh man, I feel you. My ex of *COUGHEIGHTFUCKINGYEARSCOUGH* and I are still really textually affectionate and it does things to my heart sometimes

• Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice