"What do you mean you adopted another Mawmaw?" Adoptables thread!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Ouija, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

Hey I remembered I have an adoptable drawn by Mute-Owl (was gifted to me).

[​IMG]

Even though it says it was $30, since I got it as an "I don't want this you have it" gift I can't exactly...like. SELL it. I can trade it or give it away?

Does anyone want him/want to trade for him? I had plans for it originally but I decided I really don't have a use for it...

2. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

awww he's so cute!!! i mean i'd take him if you really don't want him cuz lookit those chubs

3. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

@Void honestly I just have no idea what to do with him! He's just a silly gecko-lookin dude with no front leggies. Fairly certain Mute-owl doesn't even know I own him, technically, since they and Vaegrant (moody) had a falling out because Moody is really terrible for reasons mentioned in FID.

So, yeah! You can have him. He'd probably do much better with someone who could put him to use, rather than with me. I nicknamed him trashboat out of affection.

• Like x 1
  4. Void

Trashboat is fucking adorable and I am probably totally gonna stick him in my headworld. WELCOME TO DOGWORLD TRASHBOAT

• Like x 1
  5. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

(Makes a waving, dismissive hand gesture)

So I really want a fumi, and the MYO slots aren't very expensive (I personally want one that ends up being $40), but I have to save what's left of my tax return (at least until I get a job), and was wondering if anyone wanted to buy some designs off me for SUPER cheap?

[​IMG]
    Based off a fruit bat, but piebald + horns. They have a full ref sheet (front/back (Doll nude) plus front/back wing spread, headshot, eye, and standing (clothed)), plus a little extra this+that art). I got a lot of her images as gifts, but the headshot + ref sheet were bought. I'm asking for $35 for everything, but I can/will haggle? Buying a MYO fumi isn't mandatory, I just want one wehs.

[​IMG]
    A mip! They're an old species of @jashindamnit's. If this gets bought I'm splitting half the payment with her. I'm pretty sure she's retired the species design (as in she's drawing Dwallow + one-offs), so unless she corrects me this is a retired species.

Mip crash-course guide.

It has a legendary trait (wings) and rare number of horns/spines (seven spines + one pair of horns). Asking for $30, but willing to haggle by multiples of 2 (so I can divide evenly, basically)

[​IMG]
    Crop of a the main portion of a custom design ref I got. Based on the idea of Kintsugi. Comes with a small, golden pup, and a detail shot of both sides of the face. Asking for $25

6. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

I also remembered the Holideer I showed earlier and this somewhat generic looking dragon with a less-than-generic backstory.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The dragon is basically a crystal-space thing. He holds the universe in this big ol' crystal, and his back is made of crystal "stars"

SPACE DRAGON.

Anyway uhh Idk about those guys. $10 each? I guess??

• Like x 2
  7. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

8. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

...I caved and shoved my dirty little paws into a MYO slot anyway. Have to wait for some funds to transfer into my wallet (since I had to jank the ~20 from my sooper serket bank account to make up for the money that wasn't tied up in my regular account), so it's not paid but.

Does anyone wanna help me find some nice color palettes for this? Some suggestions I've gotten so far:

• brown and blue
    • orange and white
    • red, silver, and white
    • purple and black
    • blues/purples
    • greyscale
    • red/yellow/orange
    • dark colors with teal/purple/or pink
    • me fucking around in sai
    • even more fucking around. I can't even draw why do I have these brushes

9. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

10. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

oh what a cutie! not quite my taste. though a few of their other designs are more to my tastes omg
    (is this an auction? it looks like one.)

11. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

@IvyLB The purple tiger character isn't, it's a flat sale ($3), but sometimes artists have OTA (offer to adopt) or auction bids. This person seems to do a mix of both types? (having a flat sale vs a [psuedo-]bid session, I mean)

12. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

New post bc I'm looking at their gallery more and seeing open adopts.

This is an OTA! Looks like they'll trade, but they prefer points/money over art, obvs. Design is too neutral for my tastes or I would've offered on her.

13. IvyLB

ohhh she's cute too!
    ahhh I should mention, I got my tablet but i haven't found time to try and set it up yet. I'm still not sure though if I can actually make any good adopts...

14. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

@IvyLB if you're concerned about making adopts from scratch, you can invest a few dollars in buying base lineart and drawing off it? A lot of people have been doing that lately (these designs I've been linking are pay-to-use bases, actually!). You wouldn't be able to claim making the design 100%, but it helps you both:
    • make money and
    • get an initial handle on adoptables in general
    Most people sell p2u base adopts between $2-15 dollars (I've seen some for the price of average from-scratch adopts [like $35]), and buying the lineart is like a $5 investment.

15. IvyLB

actually my biggest fear is just that my art isn't up to people's standards. I'm good at character design. Charatcer deisgn is pretty much the ONLY thing i'm good at aside from giving things worldbuilding when no one asked for that :P
    I haven't drawn digitally in years. i'm much more used to pencils. I have no idea how to color and shade things. idk, i'm a bit overwhelmed I guess? ehh not gonna start anything before april anyway.

16. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

People will adopt interesting designs! Art style doesn't matter much in that regard, because if the design is good, people will buy so they can either draw it themselves or get commissions of it.

Like.

[​IMG]
    The cutoff says [0/4 open], meaning all those were bought. One of those is just a mumu. There's a market for basically everything, trust me.

• Like x 2
  17. Void

i love how someone finds a picture of the birdfolk i traded away, just to ask me if i still own it. no. i don't. you'd know that if you noticed the masterlist at all. why did you track me down to ask me this, my friend owns it cuz i traded it to them???

/grumbles about annoying kids messaging about adopts

18. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

"do u have this thing cuz i want it" - their mindset, prob.

19. Void

well yes, that is exactly why they messaged me. sadly my best friend owns the birdfolk now and they don't really normally do the trading thing. the only reason they did the adopt trade thing with me is cuz they've always wanted a BF. soooo they're gonna have a fun time trying to convince Vilu of giving it up LOL

20. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

Oh, geez.

(popcorn.gif)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice