What football will look like in the future - Football 17776 Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KarrinBlue, Jul 7, 2017.

1. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 3
  2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I am strangely intrigued (got there from Tumblr last night)

• Agree x 2
  3. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

i fucking love jon bois so much. so many of his other works are similarly weird and top notch and hilarious, and i am personally delighted by him making all these satellites weird little shitheads. i cannot wait to see where he goes with this ridiculous premise about immortality and footbaw

cant wait to see how he fucks me up over these characters too, fuckin bois

JUICE: john madden john madden john madden john madden

• Like x 7
    • Agree x 6
    • Winner x 2
  4. garden

garden lucid dreamer

i am glad we have this thread because 17776 is a treasure

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  5. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

this is so bizarre and so enjoyable
    i do not know what is happening but damn am i having fun.

• Agree x 3
  6. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

I saw a post on tumblr describing this as a One of our Submarines sports AU and I can't get over that.

• Like x 7
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  7. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

Relatable content.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
  8. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

everything I've seen of it: funny! jokes! reminiscent of Dave!
    immediately at the start: extremely melancholic

:< guess I need to forge on, but. sad.

• Agree x 2
  9. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

that's very jon bois. hes good at humor but for these very long segments he starts to get introspective and thoughtful about the human condition, especially what makes us human. he loves to talk about football and other sports, yeah, but he's absolutely a writer as well. but juice is there for The Goofs

he did that for his uh, last gigantic ffffoootball??? segment. it may have been basketball maybe...point is it was something like a novels worth of words about a weird dystopian future. its a fave of his

9: God Damn
    10: I know.
    JUICE, ten minutes later: hey yall i found nancy

god this is such good writing of just...people. just immortals shooting the shit while they wait for football to continue

• Agree x 7
  10. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

existential horror, ennui, existential horror-- oh hey, juice is there, nvm, everything is good

edit: but I have wet tissue emotions anyway. I'm enjoying it, just in a vaguely weepy way

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    • Like x 3
  11. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Hey i started reading it yesterday and frankly, I'm quite delighted!

• Agree x 1
  12. Nobody's Home

I know things are good in this weird earth but if everybody stopped aging from a single point (and if i missed that people stopped giving birth before that non aging time i must have missed it) are there kids and babies that are just
    Forever kids n babies? What about pregnant women? Like
    ((Sorry if I've forgotten something I'll have to go back a bit when i can))

But anyway haha that thought stresses me out a bit lmao

• Agree x 3
  13. Nobody's Home

Like i know u can mature mentally i guess but like, the brain isn't physically finished forming at that stage
    It's like, not done
    And i don't know what that will mean for non aging kids and babies? And teens

14. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 9.51.30 PM.png its unclear if it means 'there are no kids in bee nebraska' or 'there are no kids in general'

• Informative x 2
    • Useful x 1
  15. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

@GlassesBlu Nope, looks like you're right.

[​IMG]

I was wondering about the never-aging babies and kids myself. Seems like that could get pretty annoying for everyone involved.

• Like x 2
  16. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

huh didn't think about that

17. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

well, in today's update someone mentions that there aren't any kids running around... i wonder what that means, exactly?

18. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

OMG. MY FRIEND POSTED THIS ON FACEBOOK WITH "what the fuck did i just read" and I clicked on it and was like "HOLY SHIT???" when the screen freaked out at the beginning, and then Juice happened, and I was like "Dave?" and then the thing with garden hoes and gender and I was like "Dave!!!" and I commented "this is some homestuck shit wtf"

I haven't gotten past the garden hoes yet but I love this and now I have feelings about satellites.

• Like x 2
  19. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I am glad I am not the only one who independently came to the conclusion of Dave Strider.

My headcanon is that Juice read Homestuck and just liked Dave that much that he adopted the persona. (Is Juice a he?)

• Agree x 1
  20. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

unpopular opinion: juice is not dave and they.....really are Not similar at all beyond the way they both talk/type

juice is really brash and in your face about stuff in a way that is like......almost mean? it isnt really mean but he doesnt pad stuff for the sake of other peoples' feelings

whereas dave is p shy and reserved and most of his metaphor riddled rambling IS padding

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice