What have we all been playing recently?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by ironicBonds, Nov 10, 2016.

1. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

The Talos Principle!
    I want everything before I go operate the ominous elevator, but there's shit I just can't get past. uu_uu

2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Beat the first part of I Wanna Be The Kaenbyou. Still on the fucking Clown Car in I Wanna Be The Guy. Played up to area 2 of I Wanna Be The Zero Game. Finally got I Wanna Be The Boshy running and played a tiny bit of that.

• Winner x 2
  3. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

What Remains of Edith Finch

which is more of a visual novel, or a story you can walk around in.

4. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

Lots of DDO. My monk is shuriken all the things.

5. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

Okami!

Massive nostalgia rush, but sometimes that’s what you need

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 2
  6. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Not Another Needle Game, The Way of Starlit Sky, I Wanna Be The Kaenbyou, and I Wanna Be The Guy. Got to the second stage of NANG, got a bit further in Starlit Sky, beat the first two chunks of Kaenbyou and I'm stuck in part three, and beat Dracula and Kraidgeif leaving only Mother Brain, the Devil Dragon, and The Guy.

7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

SUBNAUTICA

my computer chugs like a motherfucker and the game is framey as hell but I don’t care it’s so much fun. Though I may end up having to play in creative mode to avoid dying to “monster model didn’t load until it was about 6 feet away from me” or something like that. I already had to switch to the mode where there’s no hunger meter because clicking on a fish is far beyond my capabilities. But that base building tho

• Like x 3
  8. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Also happily in subnautica hell. Played the beta a lot about a year ago and really enjoying the full release.

Just got my prawn suit and I'm two fragments away from getting my big ol submarine back.

• Like x 2
  9. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I've been playing Subnautica on and off every few months in beta but once again I'm also cracking out now that it's OUT

I GOT MY CUDDLEFISH BUDDY

I just have to remember not to use him for fuel.

The game scares the shit out of me so much sometimes. (I SAW AN ADULT GHOST LEVIATHAN HANGING OUT IN THE GREAT REEF while I was in my seamoth and NOPE)

I've still logged... 80+ hours into it.

I also just beat Little Inferno again because -Oingo Boingo voice- I like to burn things!

• Like x 4
  10. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I got Kingdom: Classic and Kingdom: New Lands on sale, and I've been playing Classic for the past few hours. I'm getting better, but also I'm having to make myself take breaks because the controls are limited to the arrow keys on the keyboard (with no options for changing them) and my hand starts cramping at about an hour in.

(Also, why do some games not let you change the control scheme? Yes, it's cool that the controls are limited to three buttons! Let me move those three buttons to the 'wasd' section! Or use an actual game controller! I want to play without my hand cramping up!)

• Agree x 2
  11. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

A lot of The Witcher 3, I'm blaming this game for introducing me to an extremely attractive trio of cosplayers and I have limited regrets aside from painful dokis.

• Like x 3
  12. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Witcher 3 is so good. I've only experienced it vicariously through J, but. SO GOOD. Gruff investigator dad simulator is A+.

Meanwhile, I've been super into FFXIV for a year now and it doesn't look like it's going to let up any time soon. Beating up mooks and saving the world while being pretty, fashionable, and androgynous is my jam.

• Winner x 2
  13. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

friend and i have basically decided we both relate to him far too much and want to both make him take a nap, marry him, and marry his two girlfriends as well so we can stop crying in bi between rounds of monster killing. (I also apparently accidentally entered a blood pact on discord with a friend in Greece to Git Gud at art and swap pinup posters of him because... reasons I suppose. yadda yadda artistic pursuits). I ABSOLUTELY ADORE MOST OF THE RANDOM MISSION PEOPLE.. everyone's so fucking ungrateful half the time, and even if you do a good deed some people react like you just shot their fucking dog, and while they're unpleasant it fits things so well that it makes me want to listen/read instead of fast forward bc i wanna hear precisely what the hell they say and figure out WHY. ... and i wanna hear Geralt's sassy ass responses.

kudos, writers, you made me want to see All The Dialogue instead of mashing the skip button like a lot of other games wind up making me feel after a while.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  14. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I got Pokemon Crystal from the Eshop recently! Ahh, fond childhood memories. <3

15. garden

garden lucid dreamer

this week i’ve been consumed by the almighty stardew valley multiplayer beta

• Witnessed x 1
  16. iff

iff Well-Known Member

i rarely videogames at all, but I've been playing Grow Home (it was cheap) and it's delightful

17. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I'm really bad at platformers (I'm absolutey Miss Dies-A-Lot) but I bought Ori And The Blind Forest on sale and it's lovely. Despite still dying a lot.

18. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Turmoil, after having binged Jack Septiceye's series on it. Which is probably not the best way to get back into playing something, but the impulse of "oh my god, no, stop, I am better at this than you, why" is definitely a motivator.

• Agree x 1
  19. Spectacularsalmon

Spectacularsalmon Enthusiastic dork

I haven't played it in like a week, but I started deadly premonition and I love it in all its poorly controlled, weirdly voice acted, obviously Twin Peaks influenced glory.

20. knifecentipede

knifecentipede guillotine-chan

Got a PS4 for my birthday, so I'm finally experiencing Bloodborne and the Yakuza series. Both are amazing. The price gouging for consoles is insane, waiting until Journey gets a discount >.>

Beat the Glory route of Cultist Simulator. It's really fun and addictive! Although it should have stayed Early Access a bit longer: way too many typos for a finished text-driven game, the unclear mechanics add to atmosphere of mystery but can be mad frustrating. But hey, I'm always a slut for Alexis Kennedy.

Alternating between Warframe (FULL CUSTOMIZABLE CYBERNINJA EXPERIENCE) and Rising Storm (listen... it has manual bolting) as my current multiplayer FPS of choice. What even is cohesive taste?

I really want to get started with Witcher 3, but it has SO MUCH CONTENT and VA-11 Hall-A (which I can't play unless it's evening and I'm surrounded with snacks. for the atmosphere okay), Rain World, The Sexy Brutale, Detention and Papers, Please are staring at me from the backlog...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice