What have we all been playing recently?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by ironicBonds, Nov 10, 2016.

1. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Borrowing Matesprit's copy of Jurassic World Evolution. Raptors are goddamn assholes, and no one is surprised, and also the plot so far is Bugging me in that I can see where things are going and it's not a thing that should be happening given that this is supposed to be set after the Jurassic World movie. It helps that some of the other characters are calling out the choices the game's pushing me into as being dumb, though.
    (Also, why is Ian Malcom here? I mean, I appreciate him being here. But why? The man has trauma. Dinosaur-related trauma. On account of having nearly gotten eaten by dinosaurs twice that I know of. Let this poor man live a life free from dinosaurs, for fuck's sake.)

2. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Yeah I know but tbh I feel like the game wouldn't really have needed a sequel? But I'll wait until it's out to judge.

3. kleric

kleric Member

It's just... Stardew Valley, mostly. When it's not SV, it's Don't Starve. When I get off DS high, it's Minecraft. Always going loops, always binging one of the three. Currently in Minecraft phase again, running around trying to find llamas.

Also played Glass Masquerade, it's just a puzzle game, but a really really pretty one. And there's of course Hiveswap Friendsim. SO is trying to get me to play Obduction - it's super nice to look at and seems to have an interesting plot, but for some reason playing it for more than five minutes makes me aggressively sick (Assassins' Creed and Mirror's Edge had the same problem, so I have a Suspicion).

4. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

farm together and plague inc! farm together is in early access but it’s a total delight to play, it’s like...farmville etc but absolutely zero microtransactions (if you have it hmu maybe we can play together?)
    plague inc is fun but i’m a filthy casual and i’m a little :/ that they call their easy setting “pity mode”
    like, man, i already feel bad enough for being as casual a player as i am, why u gotta shame me for wanting to enjoy this game i spent real american dollars on

5. knifecentipede

knifecentipede guillotine-chan

playing oxenfree. it sure has some spooks and idk if I'm mentally prepared but I spent my own money on this so I'm beating it at least once.

• Witnessed x 3
  6. knifecentipede

me: avoids the blatant jumpscare mirror, does not look at the blatant jumpscare mirror when passing by, covers the blatant jumpscare mirror with a paper
    character: hey, doesn't that mirror seem a little weird? I'm gonna take a photo, see if the flash will make anything happen
    me: h

• Witnessed x 10
  7. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I finished Gorogoa, which is a lovely wordless puzzle game. It's 40% off in the steam store right now.

8. Spectacularsalmon

Spectacularsalmon Enthusiastic dork

I finished night in the woods the other day, it was kind of anticlimactic, but I think that was the point. I loved the characters though, Mae is super relatable, and Gregg rulz.

9. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

Been rotating between Stardew Valley, Monster Prom, and Darkest Dungeon, lately, with some Puyo Puyo Tetris on the side. There's one hell of a crossover game there, I feel like.

Nice to get back into Darkest Dungeon after so long, though. Someone proposed a mentality shift that's made it a lot easier: you're not playing any of the characters, you're playing an overwhelmed administrator. If they get too expensive to justify keeping around, ditch 'em and hire new people. The only way to really, properly lose is burning all your resources trying to keep people there who need to be let go, and not making room for new blood.

10. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

TEIN. Decided to take a chance on it since it seemed like the kind of design I like in my precision platformers. Hadn't until now because I really, really, REALLY hate Super Meat Boy and almost everything about its stage designs and sliding mechanics. So far it seems to be all the bits I like about Super Meat Boy without the bits that I hate about Super Meat Boy. Instead it has lovely exploratory and puzzle aspects to its platforming and I like that a lot! I also love how the hanging mechanic works and feel that so far the devs have done a damn good job on teaching the player concepts and ramping up the difficulty. The early levels are even interspersed with more challenging secrets which can either be gone back to or, as in my case, serve as something to keep people who find the main rooms a bit too easy challenged early on. Which helps teach you to look for these all through the game but it also really, really helped to keep my interest. In the Hollows now.

11. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Just updated my Sims 4 mods and got the DLC I was missing.

My sister put forth (by accident) the idea of a Sims-based fangan. I'm half tempted. Not going to be an Actual Fangan because rules in my Sims game stress me out more often than not so setting up body discoveries and such would be unfun (my sister is outlining an Actual Fangan, because that's their thing. More power to them) so I think I'll do a different kind of murder game.

Something more Battle Royale-ish maybe? I've got the outline of an idea for a last-man-standing thing with an overseer (if you manage to find and kill them things stop early without having to kill all your friends!)

I hope I can find a house that already has a seperate apartment-type-thing for the overseer because fuuuuuck building. (The one I saw for the asylum challenge, maybe?)

• Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  12. knifecentipede

advertising time: the Orwell games are great and if you're interested in the question of anonymity and protection of sensitive data in modern times (don't let the name and the dystopian description fool you, it's set in a fictional country resembling US) you should play them

• Witnessed x 3
  13. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Been playing wizard of legend/yooka-laylee/borderlands (the handsome jack collection)/night in the woods. Wizard of legend is pretty fun (and pretty), but I’m so bad at it. :smithsad:

• Like x 1
  14. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden 3, both of which I'd been meaning to play for years and putting off for assorted reasons.

15. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Been playing Don't Starve and Monster Prom when I'm on my own. Also some Final Fantasy XIV but the main story is so long and the game just doesn't hold my attention for long. During Hellmove I couldnt play most of my games so I was down to Mystic Messenger and Love Nikki. Neither of which seem like they'd at all be my taste and YET.

Been thinking of starting a run of Persona 4 because its ridiculous to hyperfixate on it this much and never have finished the actual game.

• Like x 1
  16. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I’ve also been playing don’t starve, it’s the game I always end up coming back to. Specifically I’ve been playing Shipwrecked!

17. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I haven't really touched Shipwrecked yet. I've been too busy trying to get decently far in DS and DST. have yet to make it more than half a year

18. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Hah yeah, there's a hell of a learning curve and Shipwrecked is definitely harder. Are you playing Reign of Giants or vanilla? What are you having trouble with? I've got more than 500 hours in DS, so if you want tips or anything I'd be happy to help! :D

(I'd ask if you want to play DST together too, but my shitty laptop doesn't run DST well at all unfortunately)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  19. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Reign of Giants bc why not. I think I've mostly got the jist of it. I just make dumb mistakes like "oh these penguin gull things only have 150 hp i can totally hunt them" or "i can take this giant deerclops maybe" or "half health is a good time to fight a spider nest right?". you may notice a common thread here, this is just how i am with video games lol

• Witnessed x 2
  20. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Hah, yeah, Deerclops is an asshole. I like to take him to the swamp and let him chase tentacles until he dies.

What character do you main? I used to play mostly Wendy so I could make Abigail fight everything for me, but now I always use Wickerbottom because I like her early game science boost and it’s fun to make tentacle traps with her books

• Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice