What have we all been playing recently?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by ironicBonds, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

If you've looked at the Fire Emblem thread it's probably obvious, but I've been playing a lot of that, almost nonstop. I have a problem.

Intercut it this weekend with some Untitled Goose Game, now can't stop thinking of the stupidest crossover. (To-do: Make someone declare war on themselves.)

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Edelgard will kill the gods and snuff out the First Flame so that humanity may reign.

so far it is just dark souls 1 but i'll be making cosplay builds for the other soulsborne games too. that and salt and sanctuary.

• Like x 3
  3. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

You do get alchemy mats starting at floor three ish iirc? The bugs drop powders. In case that makes the dungeon crawling more bearable. (Like yeah you can get them from the alchemy mill station, but at least it's something and didn't require prepossessing?)

(You can also get nails, metal parts, and some wood stuff from breaking the pots/chests/broken furniture, but those are imo so much easier to get via normal crafting,I only smash bc I'm a conpletionist and like digital property destruction)

I'd like the dungeon part much better if the combat didn't... suck. It's boring and doesn't control well imo.

• Agree x 1
  4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I love the first 5-10% of basebuilding exploration games. I get the basics of survival set up, I explore the surrounding area, I settle in to my starter base, and then I get bored with the increasing complexity of options and go start a new world.

most recently: Minecraft! finally broke down and bought it last week. absolutely in love. 5 solo survival worlds and a skyblock so far. averaging about 3 fps, 7 with the optifine mod. gotta little house that’s half dug into a cliff and I stole the wandering trader’s llama

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

what is your render distance? did you already turn that down? and your other visual settings?
    because 3 fps sounds really low

• Agree x 3
  6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

oh yeah, I googled ways to improve minecraft framerate and applied all of them. I even specifically increase the game’s priority in the task manager every time I start it up. it’s just that my laptop is old and a potato, and definitely doesn’t meet the minimum graphics requirements to run minecraft. the same is true for pretty much every game I play so I’m used to it lmao

one day I’m gonna do in the fans on this laptop like I did my last one, but until then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Witnessed x 3
  7. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

UnderMine is such an addictive ass game. It's a little roguelike where you play one of a ton of dispensable nearly identical peasants who replace each other each time someone dies in the mine. but you run around collecting gold and relics, buy upgrades, and defeat monsters and bosses. THERE IS ALSO A DOG YOU CAN PET. its name is shadow and i found him deep in the mines in a bonus room and now he lives in my upstairs guild and can be pet at every opportunity.

• Informative x 5
  8. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

I just finished Persona Q2 and oh my gosh... it was so good? And cute? I know the Q spinoffs have their issues with characterization but the way all the persona users bounced off each other was SO GOOD. I love that FEMC/Minako became an honorary phantom thief (as did most of the other persona users but Minako was the first) and she stayed so bubbly even after finding out SEES weren't her version of them, but they still accepted her unconditionally. And the final boss was so cool! I know I called her Yaldy 2.0 because she kinda was but her motivation was... in a way, understandable, and she thought she genuinely had everyone's best interests in mind as opposed to Yaldy's "well humans wanna be controlled so..."

Just. AAAA. it's so good. 10/10 recommend

9. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

addition: it also handled bullying trauma really well imo? it never treated it as lesser than other traumas and really showed how it can affect you and color all of your interactions and relationships that aren't abusive. and all of the characters were so supportive and patient with Hikari while guiding her through the process of healing.

10. garden

garden lucid dreamer

i'm playing hollow knight! because my brother bugged (ba dum tss) me about it for ages, & finally he started playing zero escape so i wound up playing hollow knight. i'm liking it so far! getting slowly better at the combat, still not great at platforming

• Like x 2
  11. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

A mix of the Crash remasters, the remaster of Spyro 1 and Three Houses. Oh and Steins;Gate. That too. Forgot the fucking VN. Gods I can finally play my video games again as freely as I want...I am being reminded of why Crash games are fucking misery and a half though. I love them but few things give me such conniptions as Crash games do when I don't know the level by muscle memory.

• Like x 1
  12. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I've been playing assassins creed black flag and I sure am enjoying it.

Good mix of sailing shinanigans and hold RT to crawl over everything like an absolute gremlin gameplay.

The only other assassins creed game I played much of was 2 back when it came out. I forgot they are more action than stealth. A lil devastated when I realised there is no crouch button

• Winner x 1
  13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I have become obsessed with an app game called words in word. It's just a simple 'find as many words from the letters in this bigger word as you can' and it's very fun. Also very relaxing, no timers just a go at your own pace game

• Like x 3
  14. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I had plans, but then I learned of the Radiant armor set in BotW, and now I've been running around as the leader of the skeleton gang for in-game weeks. Zelda will understand, I'm sure

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  15. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Hollow Knight!!!

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  16. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

Death Stranding is really good you guys!!

• Informative x 1
  17. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

I've been playing A House of Many Doors which is fun, but the text is hard for me to read. I wish more games had a zoom in option because I really don't want to be that close to my computer screen.

18. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I've made the mistake of getting back into 2048. I'm good enough at it to be ambitious, not good enough to actually reach my goals.

• Witnessed x 2
  19. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

BL3! Not super great at it yet, seeing as I'm forced to use a laptop instead of a console like I'm used to, but it's super fun! Playing as fl4k for now, considering moze tho!

20. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I fell into My Time at Portia and have barely surfaced for air since.

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice