What have we all been playing recently?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by ironicBonds, Nov 10, 2016.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Terraria is the fixation of the week. Blocks and exploring and nature and monsters and numbers go up all mixed together.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Nioh 2 again. This time trying out the fists. We're doing a Soifon cosplay build so I've got dual swords around too. But they're mostly there for show right now as I don't like them like I do the fists. Also got ninjutsu to build anyway and ninjutsu is just. Real fun in Nioh. BUT THE FISTS YO. The game can get very combo heavy. But like the fists are like. A dedicated combo weapon. They are built for it.

They got this skill called unbroken which gives you a buff that increases the damage you go with your fists when you do a special before your ki starts to recharge. It stacks up to a 50% increase. Now with things like stance dancing, godly ki pulses, and one of the fist specials you can like...Reach absurd combo games even in the first area of the game? This is just the first three missions and I've already managed to do this well enough to infinite people. And I am guessing that this is just going to get more and more absurd as I go on. Soifon will gain the power of Mukyu Shunko. And it will be amazing.

Other rad thing about the fists is they are fast and they do a lot of ki damage. It's not as much in one go as the axe, but it gives you a maneuverability the axe just doesn't have. You don't need to commit as hard and you can do things like dash in and out to chip it down. And especially on yokai this is great. Because when yokai lose their ki bars. They have absurd instant hit stun they get stuck in. And the fists are a dedicated combo weapon. This also works on bosses. Meaning that you don't just have a combo game on small things. You can get a totally free and safe combo game on even bosses. It's like SFII levels of stun it's fucking stupid.

The way the combos work is very freeform too and reminds me of anime fighters. Basically fists turn your Dark Souls game into a fucking fighting game and it is sick as fuck.

3. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

I got pumpkinvale to work on my new laptop and am planning on starting a thread for it in fantown once I figure out screenshots. I wish i could talk people into getting it but its an open world which makes it tough to run for a lot of computers, or something else is up with the game, I dunno shit about computers. All I know is my old laptop was no lightweight and it Did Not like running it.

• Like x 1
  4. bornofthesea670

Asked my brother how to take a screenshot. He told me Windows+PrtScr

Print screen

x.x

I'm very clever lol

5. bornofthesea670

I want to make a thread about pumpkin days so i can gush about it but the internet browser is slow on my laptop and I have to figure out which folder my screenshots are on so i can host them on imgur. Hopefully sometime this week/weekend i get the drive to do it.

Also every title i can think of is too long :(

6. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Tokimemo Forever With You to practice Japanese. I have so far proven about as incompetent in virtual high school as I was in real high school.

Also Curse of the Moon 1 and 2. Working through the first one by myself and the second with my boyfriend. The co-op in 2 is really fun. Really captures that Castlevania 3 vibe but with some nice modern touches. Changes up just enough to make the game feel acceptable by today's standards, but leaves enough in tact that I don't get grumbly about shit like having noncommittal jumps. In Classicvania you COMMIT. YOU PICK THAT TIME TO JUMP CAREFULLY. AND IF YOU FUCK UP THAT'S ON YOU.

but like if you don't like being insta-killed by pits because you jumped poor there's always casual mode which removes the knockback

• Like x 2
  7. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

Raft! it's a survival game set in a flooded post-apocalyptic world, centered around building and upgrading a- surprise!- raft. it's definitely a lot simpler than some other survival games, like Rust or Minecraft, but that simplicity also gives it a real focus and unity. find supplies, build raft, survive. it's still in early access, and the world can definitely feel a bit empty at the moment, but it's not terribly buggy or anything. i find the core loop really soothing, especially on peaceful. (depressing existential implications of the story concept aside.) and building a Mad Max-meets-Waterworld-meets-Rust floating base is my complete jam.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
  8. The Meek

The Meek Very Quiet

Got Smash Ultimate. Enjoying finally having something I can just pick up and play with randos or friends online.

I've also really been enjoying World of Horror, an indie game that I haven't backread to see if it was mentioned in here before or not! It's styled like an arcade game where you go around trying to solve mysteries (which really only have a handful of solutions, as again, it's arcade-styled), fight monsters, and stop the seemingly inevitable advent of an elder god invading the Earth. Very Junji Ito-esque, lots of references to big contributors to the horror genre.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like x 2
  9. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

Megamek! I've tried to get my friends to play against me, but nooooo...

• Witnessed x 1
  10. The Meek

The Meek Very Quiet

I've been playing Hades for almost a week straight and boy is it addicting. I understand why it's been all the rage all of a sudden. Supergiant really outdid themselves. Gameplay is tight, the characters are fun, and despite it involving a lot of dying I've successfully gotten pretty good and begun enjoying myself thoroughly.

Downsides: It's grindy as heck. I guess that's to be expected for a roguelike, but if they'd just prioritized some of their flags better I'd feel better about this. I've needed a particular character's conversation to unlock some options by which I can continue the plotlines of three or four other people to pop up for about a dozen runs now and it just won't happen because she has so much dialogue about other things and conversations with other people that it could cycle through instead that the plot-important thing hasn't tripped yet.

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  11. bornofthesea670

Married one of the interesting npcs, I had to download two more mods because I couldn't get her to move into my house because I had to force the marriage with console since it froze mid-marriage despite trying a few different times and with older saves. Hopefully I can finally move her into our home now. I didn't have this trouble with my children XD right now I've cheated, so she refers to me as spouse and I have my wedding ring I just can't tell her to move.

I just want a wife, dammit.

• Winner x 2
  12. bornofthesea670

It worked, gods freaking bless.

• Winner x 2
  13. bornofthesea670

Anyone know of any good face mods? I used cbbe body replacer for a while but i don't like the available clothes for it. I can find nicer nodded clothing for the vanilla body, but after getting used to cbbe faces I'm kinda spoiled. Vanilla faces look nasty now haha. I spent all night looking into clothing mods so I'll do my own research, but if anyone has any they use that ONLY replace the face or is a reskinning of the vanilla body, let me know please.

14. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

I just finished 2 darkside detective games (hoping for game 3 someday...)

it's a silly and fun point and click game and I like the main characters. Too busy to really get into making a million fanart for them but hopefully someday

15. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I got elite dangerous, and am very into it now. Though, steam seems to be counting time that the launcher is sitting open as play time, I definitely didn't do a 20 hour session while it was left loading an update when I went to bed and then left for work.

16. Socket

Socket fuzzy tabletop goblin

I’m back on Pokemon Let’s Go - somehow I totally forgot I didn’t finish it? I also forgot your Pokémon follow you around in this one! my little heart is so happy with Hella the Nidorina running about with me :3 She’s so chonky and good.

• Winner x 1
  17. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I went back to Wildermyth (tactical rpg with very cute paper cut out style, both mythic feeling and very warm and accessible) and found out they've added new plots and updates. It's leaving early access soon and going up in price, so check it out while it's still early access!

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  18. NumiTuziNeru

NumiTuziNeru @#$%?

anyone else on the nier hype train? bc i am and im so mad that i get this emotional over a skeleton boy with a cueball for a head

• Like x 2
  19. Socket

Socket fuzzy tabletop goblin

New Pokémon Snap!! 21 years later and I’m a wide-eyed 7-year old again exclaiming in delight at every new Pokémon I spot. (The original Snap was my first ever console game and has a super special place in my heart. I don’t know how many times I’ve played it, it’s so many! The reboot is everything I could have possibly hoped for and I love it ahhhhhh)

• Winner x 7
  20. Hawkeguy

Hawkeguy struggling to complete this thought

i've downloaded a rythm game called cytus on my phone because it has space for games now, and MAN IS IT FUN. tappy tappy to neat music 8D the ad breaks are a little annoying, but not enough to make me pay up for the full version. music is nice and speedy, cool mix of genres, very anime-esque.

• Winner x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice