What have we all been playing recently?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by ironicBonds, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I think I am stuck in every Castlevania game I've ever started.

• Like x 2
  2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I'm stuck in Portrait of Ruin because of Medusa Heads. ;_;

3. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Recettear and Magikarp Jump. Because training a magikarp so that it can jump really good is important.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
  4. Spectacularsalmon

Spectacularsalmon Enthusiastic dork

Finished my first playthrough today.
    I got the ending where it ends right after the coffin starts banging. I'm going to go through doors 5, 3, and 6 my next playthrough. I'm looking forward to getting the whole story, although that's probably gonna take getting all or most of the endings.

• Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. LadyNighteyes

If I remember right, getting the true end of 999 requires you to
    get a specific ending, then replay the sequence that leads up to the Coffin ending, setting specific dialogue flags.

6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Farcry 4! Ive never played any of the other ones, and really only tried this one cause my bros friend gave it to us, but i like it for the most part. The mission mechanics are just similar enough to red faction guerrilla that it doesn't feel too stifling, and i can run around climbing shit and picking flowers to my hearts content as long as im between missions.

7. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Kenshi

Get your ass kicked UNTIL YOU ARE THE STRONGEST

• Like x 1
  8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I misread kenshi as kenichi and thought you were talking about the mightiest disciple manga

9. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

why won't these fucking dwarves die

10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I just bought Long Live The Queen! Totally failed on my first play through, but it looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  11. PrinzVyper

PrinzVyper "Cum cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus."

Trying the PC port of "Bayonetta," I'm an hour in, max settings, this look like it's gonna be a goood game!

• Winner x 1
  12. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Bought the bundle of Portal & Portal 2 on Steam Sale, *immediately* played straight through the first game in just under six hours... I had heard so many good things but the gameplay is like crack for my spergy spatial reasoning superpowers.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
  13. Spectacularsalmon

Spectacularsalmon Enthusiastic dork

I got rimworld after waiting like 6 months to see if it would go on sale. It's so addicting. I'm on my third colony, which has only lost two people in a year and a season, so I must be doing something right.

• Like x 2
  14. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

i've been on a Monkey Island kick! i picked up all 5 chapters of Tales of Monkey Island on the steam summer sale for $4, and Monkey Island 2 for $3. (i already owned MI1.) now i'm trying to track down Monkey Island 3 ("The Curse of Monkey Island") because it's got a weird unique art style, but it's literally not for sale anywhere, unless you want to buy an old disc copy on ebay or something. (which my computer wouldn't run.) so i guess it's going to be an emulated version... time to redownload SCUMMVM.

• Like x 1
  15. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Just beat The House in Fata Morgana after mainlining it for four days. It was good. I don't think scary enough to count as a horror game, but definitely good.

16. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Japan Souls, the best Souls game that isn't named Bloodborne. Full of things like sensible fucking design and balance, literally Geralt from the Witcher but as a stoic Irish pirate, and that one black samurai who is super fucking rad.

the villain is sexy japanese villain edward kelley

i created enochian and my magic is a scam edward kelley

HE SEEKS TO REVIVE ODA NOBUNAGA WITH AMRITA (read: buddhist god food) WHOSE AMBITION IS SO GREAT IT CAN SWALLOW THE WORLD

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  17. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Even more SimCity Societies. Finally figured out that pyramid chess boards, with schools ringed by private homes, = kids being likely to go to the schools. Make sure there's medical stuff that's boosted to be appealing to visit, and stuff like antique shop or art gallery that give household accessories (separate from individual ones), near the workplaces... and have the schools that make cops and construction crew means I can fairly safely step away while the town grinds money.

This does NOT work when the stupid townhouses are involved. I swear they're glitched, residents lose two full increments of happiness, even if they have household increases, they start getting angry SO FAST. But I want financial buildings and for the slum lords those businesses spawn to have nothing to do (they make public housing overcrowded and prone to lighting on fire, which. No.)

18. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

been playing Heat Signature the whole afternoon. it's a game by the guy who made Gunpoint, and it's really fun (it also has a great soundtrack)

• Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  19. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Husband wants to get that, good to hear it's fun!

• Agree x 1
  20. LadyNighteyes

Atlus released a free and weirdly extensive Metroidvania starring Jack Frost and Pyro Jack/Jack'o'Lantern.

It's adorable. I have no idea what's going on, since it's in Japanese. Decarabia keeps killing me. Look at this pixel art.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice