what...is a jingle bell cat? (CATS musical OOC/Planning thread)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by artistformerlyknownasdave, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Birdy

Birdy so long

yeah with such a loose canon

• Like x 2
  2. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

I WILL BITE THE BULLET AND GO FIRST

writing misto as whip-smart, and he knows it--a little arrogant, a little braggy. definitely a goofball, and is just as likely to make a fart joke as he is to take himself way, way too seriously. has somewhat easily damaged pride, a la the "oops shit" scene when he thought the gumby cat song was about him, very extroverted. would do a loooot of things for attention but considers himself more an "entertainer" than "class clown" even if the latter does fit. probably going to set his age at somewhere between 17-20 if we decide to do a less literal-cat approach, probably about a year or so old in literal-cat terms. acrobatic, very sneaky, knows how to get places without being noticed, if he wants. uses "quaxo" and pppossibly the non-sparkly coat with white socks for when he wants to go incognito

• Like x 6
  3. artistformerlyknownasdave

oh, before i forget--i am also definitely going with competitive, neat, and electric as personality traits, and yes it took me that long to realize saying that was probably important

he's particularly competitive wrt tugger and the other cats his ages, and neat comes out both in that he tries to perform things, hmm...exactly as they need to be done, and in that he's meticulous about his personal appearance and his space

electric is a little more vague, and i'm interpreting that as misto being very flashy, lots of big smiles and little showy gestures. very much a natural-born performer

sorry if i'm too rambly!!! i have a lot of thinky thoughts

• Like x 4
  4. dky

dky burnt toast

helo yes may i claim pounce because i am wanting my baby

• Like x 2
  5. artistformerlyknownasdave

HOKAY SO, SO FAR WE HAVE

@cassikat : mistoffelees
    @Birdy : jemima
    @raybot : alonzo
    @keltka : one of the kittens
    @dky : pouncival

am i right? did i miss anything?

• Like x 4
  6. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

• Like x 2
  7. dky

dky burnt toast

ok here is how i am do son

ima write pouncival as like, earnest, protective of his friends, not super smart but he's not completely useless. he's very soft spoken, he's a goofball. he's a bit of a showoff but he knows when to stop. he thinks mistoffelees is super hot shit, and he likes to try out things mistoffelees' seems interested in - getting this kind of from how he is traditionally played by misto's understudy. also because he follows him around in the movie a lot. pounce has got chronic wingman syndrome. im going to age pounce around, like, 18 - 23 but if everyone is younger than him i'll age him down because typically i see him as on the verge of being the runt of the litter, so to speak. cat wise he's going to be a year old.

for acrobatic, energetic, accident-prone im thinking:

acrobatic - he's very flexible and he does a wide range of dance, and loves showing it off whenever he can.
    energetic - he's got what seems like an endless supply of energy, but he's not super excitable. he's almost always managing to get himself into trouble.
    accident-prone - he's the kind of guy to kick someone in the head while back flipping. he's the guy who ends up comically breaking the important family vase and freaking out about it.

in short, he's a dingus

• Like x 4
  8. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

sidles in

I'm pretty bad at consistently showing up every day to a thread because my spoons go into deficit a lot, but I miiight pick up Grizabella, since she's probably relatively light on RP Commitments as someone who only shows up every so often? I'unno, I'll toss it out to you folks and see how you feel about it. Either way I'm 100% about a CATS roleplay going on, it's the best shit.

• Like x 4
  9. artistformerlyknownasdave

@Salted Earth hell yeah!! i want this to be a pretty low stress thread, too--i'm pretty slow when it comes to rp to, heheh

• Like x 4
  10. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

i gotta rewatch before writing a bio thing but im gonna try to have it tomorrow!

• Like x 3
  11. artistformerlyknownasdave

take your time!! :D

• Like x 1
  12. dky

dky burnt toast

Real fast, adding some more additional info to pounce's thing since I saw the movie again and noticed a few new things.

Easily-frightened, he startles easily and quickly nopes out of frightening situations. He's a bit of a physical weenie, he isnt good at fighting even if he manages to try. Shy, Pouncival doesn't like large crowds and tends to seperate himself from them. Usually sticks to 2 friends around him at a time. He's easily peer presured into doing things, even if he thinks it's wrong or he doesn't want to. He will try and keep doing things along that vein once he does though, I.E. he continues to be a dick to Grizz after his friends push him to the first time.

• Like x 4
  13. Birdy

Birdy so long

Jemima is a tortoiseshell-and-white molly, and the youngest - probably born a little later than the other kittens. Close enough to be considered an age mate, but just a bit smaller - the one friend who's like the baby of the group.

Jemima is very kind and sweet, and she wants to be friends with everyone. She believes in love and compassion and truth and magic and every lovely thought that enters her head. So, she's a little bit of a space case, and will sit daydreaming for ages instead of actually playing with her friends. She does take great joy in life and being a cat, but she's always felt a sense that there's something more, some sublime and shining thing enticingly out of reach like a dish of tuna on a high table.

She's affectionate and familiar with all the jellicles, particularly Victoria and Misto. She dances with Alonzo and Plato at the Ball. (All these relations of course are up in the air as we see how th rp shakes out)

She likes being high up. She's gay for the moon.

Also, I'm going with my headcanon that Jemima is her everyday name, and Sillabub is her second name. She doesn't know what her secret name is yet but she spends a lot of time thinking about it.

• Like x 5
  14. artistformerlyknownasdave

WHAT A SWEET PEA I'M VERY EXCITED

• Like x 4
  15. Birdy

Birdy so long

something else: she's kind of...suggestible? like as a personal quality she's pretty trusting and naive, but also supernaturally speaking. she's not magic herself but she's unusually open to magic - coricopat and tantomile are kind of utilizing this in that one part

• Like x 5
  16. artistformerlyknownasdave

ooh yes that makes sense as to why they chose her specifically!! misto might want to have her be his "lovely assistant" in that case, for performances and stuff--it's easier to move someone from point a to point b if they're naturally a conduit

• Like x 4
  17. dky

dky burnt toast

i love how you write her it is best

also do we wanna add, like, our height headcannons and physical appearance and stuff or nah?

(also, if any of the ppl doing kittens are down for it i'd love pounce to be related to one or more of them as that seems to fit p well, but of course its fine if ya'll don't wanna do that!!)

• Like x 2
  18. Jemima

Jemima Turn your face to the moonlight

((BOI WE BOUGHTA DO IT))

• Like x 2
  19. Mr. Mistoffelees

Mr. Mistoffelees The magical. The marvelous. Q.E.D

((SHIT BOI))

• Like x 2
  20. Pouncival

Pouncival merry and bright

((IT'S ALMOST TIME))

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice