what...is a jingle bell cat? (CATS musical OOC/Planning thread)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by artistformerlyknownasdave, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Birdy

Birdy so long

we should wait for the others tho. courtesy.

• Like x 3
  2. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

yeah, definitely! also gotta do some plotting, probs, hehe

• Like x 1
  3. dky

dky burnt toast

I'm really excited for this tho like omg

4. artistformerlyknownasdave

also, before i forget

if absolutely anyone would like to hop in please feel free! we're not too established for more folks or anything, and i'm not sure that "too established" is a point we can even hit ;p

• Like x 2
  5. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

@cassikat QUESTION would you super mind putting a "who's who" in the first post?
    I'm gonna snag Etcetera ^ ^

• Like x 1
  6. artistformerlyknownasdave

YOU GOT IT

• Like x 1
  7. artistformerlyknownasdave

the deed is done, lemme know if i got something wrong or someone wants to be added/removed

• Like x 2
  8. shmeed

shmeed plant me

Why is misto also quaxo?

Also is it too late to possibly maybe join as macavity the devilcat,,,

• Like x 2
  9. artistformerlyknownasdave

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE

and misto is also quaxo because in some productions this costume
    [​IMG]

is put in the playbill as quaxo, versus this version of the costume being mistoffelees

[​IMG]

i think it's partly a spoilers thing? like, not wanting to give away that the tuxedo is misto right away, especially if they have him do the subtle magic tricks throughout the show--kind of an "ohhhHHHH" thing

and also partly just "sometimes we name the alt costumes of the song cats"

• Like x 5
  10. shmeed

shmeed plant me

ahh i see ty for explaining! also yay omg
    >:3c

ok macavity likes to act like he's a force of elemental chaos but he's not really all that intense. he could probably beat most of the cats in a one-on-one fight, but he's nowhere close to as mythically powerful as the other cats seem to think he is. two cats teaming up on him could probably kick his ass.

i'm not really sure what motivates him. he keeps to the shadows and seems to like keeping up the mystique around him. but what does he want, other than to be left alone as the king of cat hill? (is this the place to spitball about this stuff?)

from what i got of the plot he just stirs the shit, for mysterious reasons, but his shit stirring doesn't have any serious repercussions. i wonder if he doesn't kinda. want to join the club. (but i also don't quite want to RP him as like, shy tsundere, as funny as that might be). one of the words for him is 'jealous' and i can see that, he wants in on the cool cats club, but doesn't want to ask, and is probably a bit high-and-mighty about it ("i would never stoop so low!" kind of thing)

macavity's a bit of a dick, hmmmmm

• Like x 4
  11. artistformerlyknownasdave

this is totally the place to spitball about this stuff! :D

if it helps, birdy and i were tossing around the idea of misto and jemima being half-siblings by way of macavity, with jem's mom being demeter? (of course, if that's not your headcanon, don't feel obligated !!)

• Like x 3
  12. shmeed

shmeed plant me

good!

hmm that could be fun. what are you guys thinking in terms of family relations with the cats? i imagine they're much less intense for cats than humans (i wouldn't be comfortable rp-ing a human-type parent relationship. but some really mild distant stuff without much emotion would be cool)

• Like x 3
  13. artistformerlyknownasdave

yeah, agree! at any rate, i figure misto's relationship with mac starts and ends at the genetic level ;p

misto's a little in awe of macavity for the whole Criminal Empire thing, but he's also afraid of him and probably ashamed of the relation, doesn't talk about it much

although we COULD also do "grew up around mac, worked for him for a while a la mungojerrie and rumpleteazer, joined the jellicles recently" hmm hmm hmm

• Like x 2
  14. shmeed

shmeed plant me

oooooooooooh
    both are so good
    i feel like you're leaning towards the first one, and i kinda like that one a bit more too, although the second one has fun potential (i feel like that's the fic you were talking about writing the other day? i would read that)

• Like x 2
  15. artistformerlyknownasdave

IT WAS LMAO :')

if we do the first one, we'd have to figure out how misto ended up raised w/ the jellicles and how mac feels about that, which could lead to some fun conflicts especially if macavity wants to join them himself!

the second one would impact how i play misto a fair bit, but that could also be fun!! he'd be a bit more closed-off emotionally i think, and project more of an "i'm above this" air. would probably still be goofy but more as a like... "NO ONE EXPECT ANYTHING MORE OF ME" because i imagine growing up in a crime ring hecks you up Real Good

i actually don't have a preference, so whichever you'd like best is a-ok with me :y

• Like x 3
  16. Birdy

Birdy so long

Jemima may not even be aware of her parentage. Demeter, her mom, is really fucking scared of Macavity, so Jemima was probably just raised by her and maybe also Bombalurina.

I'm interested in the idea that Jemima has just the slightest bit of the supernatural in her from her father's side, and can serve as a conduit for magic even if she can't entirely do it herself. I dunno how much Macavity would care about the kittens he sired, but he might take an interest in her for that reason.

• Like x 4
  17. artistformerlyknownasdave

i went and made @Tantomile & Coricopat for delicious shitposting purposes, but i'm not gonna take either of them for this rp i don't think

sparklepants is enough to manage on his own :0

• Like x 4
  18. shmeed

shmeed plant me

im doing the coin flip trick because i like them both
    random number generator spit out option 1 so we will go with that!

so. how do you think misto got into the jellicles? i could see misto's mom having a fallout with mac. maybe it's something where mac didn't realize it was that big of a deal, and communication issues, it was a huge deal to the mom. so she nopes out and never goes back. and mac is like 'RRRR FINE I AM SAD AND UPSET BECAUSE I DONT UNDERSTAND' but he's also too cocky (read as: trying to remain cocky, sense of self-image is actually very weak) to actually ask for clarification. this would add to 'i am intensely jealous but also hate the thing but also don't hate it THAT much but rrrr' that might explain the mild but significant shit-stirring

(is this too dark? if it's too dark i'm happy to walk it back)

• Like x 4
  19. artistformerlyknownasdave

DELICIOUS. WE HAVE TO GO DEEPER DARKER

and yeah that works i think!!! i'm thinking misto's mom is probably an npc, so maybe she got pregnant (am i...gregnant), realized the Implications of raising a kid as the child of the ~napoleon of crime~, and hightailed it outta there? which left macavity >:( like u said, because i doubt she communicated that very clearly especially if he doesn't like See Himself as a criminal

and/or ifFFF you wanna take the "powers of levitation" line literally we could go with "she had misto, went to the jellicles, realized he was also MagicTM, and ditched him with the jellicles because mac=magic, and mac=donglord, thus misto=donglord?"

and misto's mom if she's around/the other jellicles probably didn't tell him "oh hey you know that guy who keeps harassing everyone? yeah, the notorious criminal? well, he IS the father :D" so he had to figure that out on his own

also i love this interpretation of macavity...feels good man

• Like x 3
  20. Birdy

Birdy so long

so uh.

sorry if no one wants to think about this but

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice