what...is a jingle bell cat? (CATS musical OOC/Planning thread)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by artistformerlyknownasdave, Feb 28, 2017.

1. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

can i join the discord?

(also IM SO SORRY i havent written up a bio thing yet....)

• Like x 2
  2. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

*SMACKS WITH NEWSPAPER* TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!!

and join usss

• Like x 2
  3. artistformerlyknownasdave

so we did some chatting in the discord, and we're trying to narrow down what preference everyone has, if any, as to how we play these guys!

here's what we narrowed it down to, so if anyone has any preference let me know! we ranked it 1-3 starting with most preferred, if y'all wanna do it like that

ZOOTOPIA: full-time furries, completely bipedal, etc etc

SECRET LIFE OF PETS: full-time quadrupeds, live with humans, but are fully sapient and can communicate with each other

WERECATS: quadrupeds when around humans, weird furries when in the junkyard, which would function as sort of a liminal space/ethereal plane kind of deal that only cats had access to

right now, werecats is leading somewhat, with zootopia right after it and slop (heehee) in third! we'll go with majority vote, so lemme know

• Like x 4
  4. shmeed

shmeed plant me

ooo i somehow missed werecats in the discord but my #1 is for that, then zootopia #2, then secret life #3

• Like x 2
  5. Birdy

Birdy so long

I left the discord cause the app was ruining my productivity am I missing anything important over there

6. artistformerlyknownasdave

nope! just some chatting about cat genetics and male calicos wrt mungojerrie, depending on when you left

7. artistformerlyknownasdave

also, a general update: it looks like we're probably going to be doing the werecats? so i'm thinking we should probably flesh that out some, input either here or in the discord is totally fine! i'll be updating the main post once things are relatively solid in that regard so that any potential newcomers can see what we're doing right away
    • does your cat live with a human family while going around as a normal-cat?
    • who (if anyone) might be able to tell that the jellicles are more than they seem?
    • what does your cat look like in normal-cat mode? a 1:1 translation of their markings from the show or something else?
    • are all cats jellicles or no?

still no rush because we're not ready to start yet, but a reminder to anyone who hasn't that if they want to i'd love a brief description of how you're gonna play your guy! just 'cause the canon is so up to interpretation (i can also quote those in the first post if people think it'd be useful?)

uhhhh let's see... i think that's it? discord has been pretty quiet, i haven't made any new emotes yet, so except for aforementioned calico genetics talk that's all i have to report on that front! calico genetics talk basically being that mungojerrie either has XX or XXY chromosomes, because XY cats don't have the "room" for the genes for both tortie and white spotting

misto probably does have a human family, but it's very much one of those "this is our cat sometimes he shows up and eats our food and we pet him and then he goes away" relationships

then i wonder if there are witches (since tantomile and coricopat are witches' cats) if they can tell? or if it's a little more random?

i've done a couple doodles of misto and i might clean one up and put it in here for reference (or make a new picture references thread if that works better?), but basically in catmode i think he has 3 separate "looks" maybe? the all black one from the poem; the 'performing' one from the musical with the white face and chest but no boots; and then the "normie" one from the musical with the white face, chest, tailtip and three white boots. very sleek american shorthair, on the small side with a slim and angular build. lots of triangle shapes. i don't think he can do the all-black look in weird furry shape, just the two from the musical.

aaaaand i am not sure, canon is weird on this because i'm pretty sure it's stated somewhere that all cats are jellicles, but by the song's own dang metric i'm pretty sure only alonzo and misto qualify :')

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice