What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Let's get some general awesome-stuff-that-happened positivity up in here.

My big happymaking thing of the day was that my crocodile consort plush came in the mail, and so did the Sayaka Miki shirt my friend got me! Here's a pic of the croc (his name is Nak Cage), posing with T-Rex and Lisbeth Salamander:

[​IMG]
    (pictured: Best Friends)

Also, my birthday party on Sunday was super fun. It was a simple dinner at a local pub with some friends and my parents, after a long day of thrift store shopping and chilling downtown, and my friends and I geeked out over Homestuck and we all ate delicious food (including super-good cupcakes for dessert--we even made sure to get some gluten-free ones for my friend with celiac, because it wouldn't be fair for her to get left out). Then my friend Kiri came to my place, and she hung out with me and Ingrid (my best friend, who happens to live with me) and we watched ridiculous YouTube videos until she had to catch the bus home. It was just a really nice day overall.

Actually my birthday itself was super nice too--my friend Andrea got me a box of cookies, and I went shopping, and my dad took me out for pizza for dinner. :D

So yeah! Let's get some happiness flowing!

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

Yay! Another Madoka fan!

And hmmm... what has been making me happy lately... the recent episode of ABC's Forever, that's one thing. Kintsugi's another, at least judging by how much time I spend here. And yeah, I just tend to feel generally happy...

3. blue

blue hightown funk you up

the agent carter finale! + today i succeeded at getting some work done on this project i've been anxiously avoiding for >1week, so now i'm pretty proud of myself. and the scarf i'm making is coming along well.

4. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

I feel really weird saying this, but this forum makes me happy. I've been trying not to gush or anything, but I kinda felt like it was a belated birthday/christmas gift. I mean, I actually couldn't sleep last night because I was too happy.

• Like x 8
  5. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Let's see. I had a fun bio lab, got to post on this forum, saw the agent carter finale, saw the most recent flash episode, saw the most recent gravity falls episode, put my hair in a bun with a pencil, and did pretty eye makeup.

6. Acey

Oh my God, that episode was AMAZING. One of the best of the series so far, and that's saying a lot. (I actually cheered out loud at the climax, not gonna lie. XD)

And I agree--this forum's been making me really happy too. It's just a really nice place.

Hell yeah! I still haven't seen the movies, but I marathoned the series a few months back and really loved it. And Sayaka is definitely my fave. What's funny with the shirt is that my friend had originally ordered it for himself, but he'd meant to order a men's L and ordered a women's L by mistake, so he decided to give it to me, since it wouldn't fit him and he knew I liked the character.

That's another thing I'm happy about--I have a lot of really wonderful friends!

• Like x 1
  7. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

t-rex! i got my so a tiny t-rex, but deep inside i want a big one too.

i got 100% on my latest phonology assignment! i took a couple years off school after almost failing out due to depression and i was nervous about coming back, so really good grades mean a lot to me.

• Like x 1
  8. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

I think my fave is Homura. She's certainly the Madoka character I identify most with.

The first two movies, I'm pretty sure, are basically the episodes of the series in a different package, so the third, Rebellion, is the only one you really need to see (unless you're a completist, that is).

• Like x 1
  9. emythos

@Acey It was so awesome! I was totally cheering. I watched with a room full of friends and it was really fun.

• Like x 1
  10. BPD anon

BPD anon Here I sit, broken hearted

My dad always sends postcards to people as a nice thing to do. The other day, I decided to try my hand at it and sent one to him and one to a friend. It was really fun. : )

• Like x 1
  11. Acey

That does sound fun! I have a penpal in Chile (we exchange letters and pics and cool souvenirs and such), it's really a cool thing. (Reminds me that I still need to write my next letter to her...)

12. blue

blue hightown funk you up

oh, i am also happy about :mystery:.

• Like x 1
  13. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I drew some pretty cute fanart and two gaming shirts i was waiting for arrived. Oh, and my order from Shiro Cosmetics finally shipped! Soon Nic Cage Raking Leaves on a Brisk October Afternoon, Nic Cage Churning Butter One Crisp Thanksgiving Morn and Nic Cage Getting Funky with That Saturday Night Fever (among other things) will be mine to keep forever.

14. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Impulse sushi run! Admittedly it's cheapass grocery store sushi, but sometimes it hits the spot.

15. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

After payday I am getting sushi and eating feesh until I can't.

• Like x 3
  16. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Man don't talk about fish, y'all are gonna make me want grilled halibut.

THE GOOD: I got my clay and so far I don't completely suck with it. Yay? Yay.

Also, today I talked to a friend I hadn't talked to much in the last four years, so that was Good. :]

17. garden

garden lucid dreamer

Got a 94 on the economics test I had yesterday, so that's pretty pleasing, and this morning in my creative writing class we had a period just for writing (usually we're revising/doing workshop) and I hammered out several pages of some original fiction.

I've heard it was quite good. Makes me want to catch up on Gravity Falls.

• Like x 2
  18. emythos

You totally should catch up on Gravity Falls. Where did you leave off?

19. garden

garden lucid dreamer

End of first season, though there might still be a few S1 eps I haven't actually seen.

(I always watched it with a friend, and thus didn't really do an in-order watch through until recently, when I decided to actually go through and watch all of GF, except then I had less spoons and stopped. I've seen some spoilers about some of S2 on Tumblr though. That was a long-winded way to explain that I've seen pretty much all of S1, nothing afterwards.)

20. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Kicked ass at memorizing a bunch of local amphibians and herps for a vertebrates lab test tomorrow.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice