What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

My family is trying to set a date to get lunch all together and I'm so excited! I hope it works out, I haven't seen some of my siblings or in-laws in ages :O

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
  2. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Work party was fun

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
  3. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

CHOCOLATE BABKA <3

Also the fact that my kitty keeps rearranging her napping spots depending on where I decide my workplace is for the day.

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 1
  4. dragon

dragon megatron apologist

durandal from marathon and AM from i have no mouth and i must scream

i also wrote a short story for an assignment that i'm very proud of

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Oh gosh, this story idea is adorable.

• Winner x 7
    • Agree x 1
  6. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

so i was on a plane up until about an hour ago and the flight attendant could not figure out what pronouns to use so he went "what can I get for you, mis--um, s-sir--mi--um, what can I get for you?" and just completely gave up on pronouns. which makes me happy because it means i'm presenting androgynously instead of too masculine-ly! (at least, enough that a) he read me as feminine at first glance, and b) was confused enough to keep having to switch :D)

• Winner x 15
  7. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

I was playing 2048 earlier and made a tile sized 16384 which is the biggest I've ever done and feels super awesome to have pulled off! Took a while to manage to get the stars to align for it, too.

• Winner x 8
  8. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

So they wound up using a slightly different shot, but the album came yesterday and...
    [​IMG]
    i am fucking vibrating with excitement

• Winner x 15
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you, thats amazing :D

• Like x 1
  10. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Thank you so much!! :D I'm so excited, I've been obsessed with TMBG since I was a twelve-year-old Smol so this is honestly incredible for me, being on the cover of an album by a band I've fangirled (and hardcore sperged tbh) over for more than half my life. ;u;

(That trip to go see those shows with my friends was so worth it, and so was that two-hour wait in the frigid windy cold for doors because we got such good spots. :3)

• Winner x 4
  11. I got an early christmas present from my brother's gf, who is going back to california for the holidays. she made me some Steven Universe art with melted crayons on canvas, it's so sweet you guys

• Winner x 9
  12. Everett

my mom sent me this cute knitted hedgehog who will now be friends with tiny purple owl

Snapchat-560353726.jpg

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 2
  13. awwww!

• Like x 1
  14. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

My nail polish smells like tootsy rolls.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

This is a thing more people than just me do and someone put it into words! This is why I occasionally find it mildly annoying when a character's confirmed as some kind of queer! It's not just internalised homophobia!

• Informative x 6
    • Like x 1
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

(Oh, ah, here's the link. Forgot. And I also often have a similar feeling when a ship gets confirmed, even if it's one I liked.)

• Useful x 3
  17. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I'm home for christmas and i got a bunch of stuff delivered to my parents house for myself and i just have so many nice things and am so happy and relaxed and glad for a break =w=

• Winner x 5
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The Kung Fu Panda holiday special is about the only holiday special I've ever seen which is about a non-Christmas holiday, and it got me to look up the Dongzhi Festival. It shares themes with Christmas and appeals to a Western audience, but it also successfully uses themes of Confucian culture, with honour/shame issues causing conflict and the heartwarming moment being based on filial piety. (Honestly I'm weirded out by the fact that Seth Rogen worked on a franchise as beautiful as KFP and then made Sausage Party.)

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  19. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

The eternal appropriateness of this song, plus the fact that it's been very, very true for me this year.

20. Everett

Spent yesterday at friemds' place, pattod their cattos and watched many youtube cooking shows

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice