1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

There's an old saying, "Laws are like sausages, it's better not to see how they get made." It refers to the nitty-gritty details that are generally out of sight of the average person, but which result in things those people like. The general idea is that as tasty as sausages are, the process of making them is kinda gross, so most people are happier not seeing it. Similarly, making laws (good or bad) involves a lot of dealing and compromise that not everyone likes to see, but the alternative is utter intransigence which is usually worse.

• Informative x 6
  2. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I've been having decent luck at getting work done, and one of the files I did has been approved by QA already - and with only 5.30% changes needed! (The ideal is 0% changes, but you're allowed up to about 30% changes before QA is going to just reject it completely. The usual average is around 15-20% changes, and that's what I was expecting considering that this was one of the first pieces I've done.)

• Winner x 3
  3. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

Hairpiece shaped like a fucking knife.

• Winner x 8
    • Informative x 1
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 4
  5. Gee

Gee the mail never fails

I took myself out to a steak dinner for birthday today because. Fuck it y'know? It was nice to sit alone in a booth at a good steak place and just chill for a while, eat good food, and treat myself

• Winner x 7
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 2
  7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

One of my favorite yugioh fanfics, time after the tone by smallinsect, has been dead for over ten years - except she just updated to say that she’s completely finished a rewrite and will be posting it weekly :D it’s a fandom miracle

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 1
  8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Analysing classpects and opposing classpects of characters is a really great way to make a story! I used the idea of John undergoing Blood challenges to become a stronger Breath player and I think I've got the basics of a pretty nifty plotline out of it. The ones with less concrete aspects than Blood involved are a bit trickier but I'm getting there.

• Like x 3
  9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

My mom got me some badger muscle rub for christmas and I just used it for the first time. It makes me happy the same way the work boots made me happy. My Inventory Is Full Of Useful Items *curls on pile of both practical and aesthetically pleasing possessions*

also it smells like ginger and lemongrass, I don't even care if it actually helps with muscle pain or not i'll use this shit as perfume

• Winner x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice