What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

@sicknastyspades I do that! I love trains, always have and always will. The sheer physicality of them, the way they fill all the senses and make the world shake to their mighty beat.

• Like x 2
  2. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I filled out my tax return today (due May 1st where I live) and I get almost 500 euros back from the government! :D That means most of my trip to England is paid for :D

• Like x 1
  3. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

So I started my observations at the class I'll be interning at. It's a class for Young Adult Education, which means the students are adults who couldn't finish school and are now returning. I was dreading this internship, but I'm not anymore. The students are amazing people and the classroom is quiet and mellow, perfect for me. One of the students brings her 2 year old daughter to class because she has nobody to leave her with, and the babygirl is just adorable. I can't wait to teach these people about poetry and art :3333

• Like x 3
  4. lvkz

lvkz Well-Known Karkat

i'm getting sort of comfortable with not being constantly social? i need time do me and that's ok
    also i just thought of a really good RP username :')

• Like x 3
  5. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Something REALLY NICE just happened to me!

I was walking home from a restaurant I'd gone to have dinner in alone and a guy walked up to me and asked me in very awkward Portuguese about where there was a restaurant nearby. I walked him to one a couple of blocks away, and he complimented my English and asked if I wanted to have dinner with him, to which I awkwardly said "oh, I literally just ate" and then we said goodbye. But I kicked myself the rest of the way home wishing I'd given him my phone number. So I kinda stopped, took a deep breath, said to myself "don't be a chicken" and marched myself back to the restaurant, walked up to his table and told him "Hey, what I should have said instead was 'if you want a rain check on dinner, you can have my phone number,' but I didn't because I'm awkward." He was really happy to see me and asked me to sit down and have a beer, his treat. So that's how I ended up spontaneously having beer with a cute foreign guy on a Thursday night and giving him my phone number at the end! I'm currently slightly tipsy and very satisfied with my life choices.

• Like x 6
  6. MintyJojo

MintyJojo Well-Known Member

...I finished all my work on time. I...handed everything in...

It feels so euphoric...

.. s. su m m er... .

• Like x 1
  7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

My job is really going great so far! They're accommodating of my disabilities, everyone is really nice, I'm learning fast (I'll be working solo shifts soon!), and the donuts are to die for...what more could I want? <3

• Like x 6
  8. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

Watched the new Annie movie last night and it was super fun, especially the opening scene (Overture?) 'cause I get ridiculously excited about mashups and also, apparently, musical scenes that incorporate background noises into the soundtrack.

• Like x 2
  9. eddie

eddie ...

I cleaned my room today and swept the floor throughout the house so no more bad sand all over my feets causing distress. C:
    Got my transcripts sent to the college, and my financial aid will be finished processing monday.
    Productivity feels good!! C:

• Like x 3
  10. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Dad is taking me and Ingrid out to Chili's for dinner tonight, and I'm over the 24-hour bug I had earlier so I can actually enjoy the food. :P

• Like x 3
  11. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

YOU GUYS!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pictures incoming in the Show Yourself thread.

• Like x 2
  12. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

I planted a baby hydrangea today. It has bluish blossoms. My neighbor, who is Knowledgeable About hydrangeas informed me that the blueness of the blossoms is due to acidic soil, a state of affairs that can be maintained by working coffee grounds into my flower bed. Well, this is fortunate. :) Hydrangea and I should be very happy together.

*Her daughter obtains leftover coffee grounds from Starbucks for hers.

EDIT: Oh heavens. I meant hydrangea. I fixed. :$

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    • Like x 1
  13. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

http://losawk.tumblr.com/post/117999278302/baaabes i went to an alpaca farm today
    I have acquired a nearly iridescent scarf in purple and navy that is 100% pure, finely hand woven alpaca wool that was only $50 and it has the perfect texture for stimming with
    And mum's boss knows all the alpaca farmers in the area and after watching me with them is going to try and organize shearing classes for me, and also put in words with the famers so I can go visit for therapy purposes
    I cried

• Like x 3
  14. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I realized that I can in fact handle my workload as the semester comes to a close. And what's more I believe it as opposed to just knowing that. This might changed in the days to come, but I've crossed a hurdle at least for a bit.

• Like x 1
  15. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

A wren came to my backyard at twilight and give herself a very thorough dust bath. I've never seen the likes of feather-fluffing and wing-flittering. I hope she's having a good night's sleep now.

Time for my bath. I think I'll use water instead. :)

16. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

i have never been able to find a perfume that i like. most of them just make me cough and wheeze and sneeze and my eyes water and it's hell.

i found this in Bath and Body Works while in Fargo last weeks.

and i fucking fell in love. IT'S SO GOOD

*curls up in a fuzzy blanket smelling her lovely new lotion and perfume*

• Like x 1
  17. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

1. My internship yesterday. The students were so nice and all smiled at me with kind, loving smiles, and I could also see the spark in their eyes from learning, from being captivated by what I was teaching and by the discussion. I told them all that I'll have them do a public poetry reading of their own poems, which made them groan, and I also confessed I was nervous even though I didn't look it (I've taken enough acting lessons that in front of the class I put on a stage persona of sorts, who's mischievous and fun and always moves and speaks with confidence). After class, some students asked me in a joking but kind tone about how could I expect them to perform in front of an audience if even I, a teacher, get nervous in front of my students. I told them that exactly because I get nervous, I know techniques to dominate my nervousness, and can teach them those. They seemed satisfied with this answer. Overall, I already feel close to them and I appreciate them tremendously.

2. I had the best literature class I've had in literally years. Or at least that's what it felt like (part of it might also be the antidepressants lifting the haze of boredom that's been my steady companion in lit classes since my third semester in college?). We did intertextual analysis with "The Fall of the House of Usher", comparing and contrasting the main story and the two short narratives inserted within (the ballad Usher sings and the chivalry romance the narrator reads to him to try and calm him down). And it was so fun and it gave me that good rushing feeling of treating literature both as art to be enthralled by and as a puzzle to be solved.

• Like x 2
  18. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Today's happy: went to buy a can of iced tea at the cafeteria, turns out Social sciences is having a thing, and as always when social sciences is having a thing, the campus is full of hippies selling stuff. So I bought a cute brown vest from a hippie thrift stall and everyone was so sweet and nice, and then I passed through the stall of a black culture awareness group and there was this very sweet Senegalese gentleman selling Senegalese cotton print fabric, and I just bought 1 meter of this gorgeous cotton print in browns and oranges with fruits and spiders :3

• Like x 2
  19. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

the ridiculously stressful event at work is finally over and as a result my shift today was bliss, or at least as bliss-like as 8 hours of customer service can be.

• Like x 3
  20. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

My mom's testimony (she's a forensic psychiatrist) helped prevent someone from getting the death penalty today!

• Like x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice