What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

That sounds like such a good time!! <3

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    • Winner x 2
  3. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Desk finally arrived, so desktop can stop living on the floor!

• Winner x 5
  4. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

• Agree x 1
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I just had my Very First "I'm an adult going to a movie at night and getting dinner with a friend" and it was a blast!

We saw scary stories to tell in the dark and besides a few giggle worthy scenes and poor jumpscare attempts in the beginning it was even better than I expected! V fun

• Winner x 8
  6. jacktrash

this isn't a cooking show, it's a manzai routine.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  7. Camber

Camber Active Member

Planning character creation with my friends for my first try DMing! We’ve done 2.5 characters so far and they were all So fun and my friends are so funny and have great character ideas!!

My current DM has a jaded but kind bugbear barbarian doing mercenary work to save up for fashion school... the quiet member of the group I know least well has a half-celestial magical girl cleric trying to clandestinely find a way to escape the two gods fighting over her allegiance... my best friend is using the orc pop star wizard character we made yonks back! There’s three people to go and I’m really excited : D

I usually get really overwhelmed about social stuff especially when I have other deadlines coming up but I feel really comfortable with this one. hell yeah

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    • Winner x 4
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

went to the beach yesterday with my mom! I had the sudden realization that optimal beach time is almost gone and yet I hadn't been yet this year, so I pestered her into driving down and coming with (and by pestered I mean I asked her once, because she loves the ocean and therefore has absolutely no willpower when it comes to refusing that request :D). would have been nice to have my sibling and dad come too but they both had stuff to do that they couldn't ditch, so it was just us.

I love swimming in the ocean. the tide was coming in so we got some nice waves to be tossed around by :D (though not quite up to my mom's standards, since she's a west-coast person at heart.) I need to remember more frequently that living in a coastal city means I can actually go to the ocean whenever I want! the ocean is good!!

• Winner x 8
  9. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

I don't exactly live in a coastal city but it's not very far away and it's easy as shit to hop a train down and yet i keep forgetting this as well. MUST REMEMBER

• Agree x 3
  10. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

A hummingbird in the park on Thursday morning made me happy, as well as a long musing with a friend as to whether it was a female or a juvenile male.

I think I'll go for a long hike tomorrow with binoculars and a bird book.

• Winner x 7
  11. Went to a wedding this weekend for a family friend. Very nice, very happy for them : )

• Winner x 7
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I've no idea how the half life sound effects over other media meme started but it is a Delight

• Winner x 2
  13. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Without spoiling anything, the SU movie!

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  14. Big same, very good, very relevant to my life right now, gives me a lot to think about.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  15. jacktrash

i was washing alpaca fleece in the greenhouse and there was a BEEG TODE who feasted on ants chased out of their nest by the soapy water flood. it vamoosed every time i moved, so i didn't get a pic; it was a greenish brownish toad on greenish brownish bricks so it wouldn't have been a good pic anyway. but it pleased me greatly. i love amphibians very much. i love FAT TODES even more than that.

also, i think this toad has been in there for at least two years, and it probably has opinions about my swim shorts. it is a Friend.

• Winner x 12
    • Agree x 1
  16. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

watching videos of people seeing the sans costume smash reveal and losing their GODDAMN minds with excitement

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

YOOO bouta go get my hair cut! I decided to grow it out a while back and besides for the cute buns I can put it into it's been an unholy nightmare otherwise. Finally I can return to feeling like myself again!

• Winner x 6
  18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Good cows dogs

• Winner x 7
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

On my birthday outing yesterday I got to cuddle a live chicken, and today I received a letter from the NHS about my gender thing - they haven't forgotten me!

• Winner x 9
  20. Camber

Camber Active Member

first lecture of the year, and the sole organiser and lecturer for one of my courses is a professor I've liked the previous lectures of who made a little 10 minute digression at the start to talk about the (interesting!) history of the building (slightly grim medical stuff:
    our seminar room used to be the morgue, hence the high windows despite being on the ground floor, and she told us a bunch about the photograph collection the uni has of students drinking tea while dissecting, and how they obviously can't display them now because, if nothing else, the bodies could potentially be identified.
    ) also the student next to me was very friendly!

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice