What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

• Like x 1
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 3
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I don't know how many people will get this anymore, but it made me very happy so here you go:

Screenshot_20190918-123809~2.png

• Winner x 12
  4. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

:’D

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Brand-new T-shirt smell!

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Introduced one person to The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls and some more people to various funny D&D anecdotes including The Binder of Shame!

• Winner x 3
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Two things:

My previously extremely homophobic and transphobic mother (years ago), who legitimately believed in The Gay Agenda and that gay folks were manipulating children into thinking they were gay, had a convo with me a few days ago:

Me: uh oh mom, we can't get any more dogs, because we already say good girl to one and good boy to the other

Mom: what about a non-binary dog? We could say good puppy!

She was completely serious, and it really hit the nail on the head for me that Yeah, She's Actually Changed. This is the woman who loves her gay daughter and her trans daughter to bits and is making a conscientious effort to make sure they know that. Just. I love my mom.

Second, my extremely devout christian brother who for years wouldn't acknowledge or use the right pronouns for my sister was overheard on the phone trying to convince my stepdad that yes, (sister's name) is a she, and promised to keep talking with him til he understands (not likely he ever will understand, but up post shows other unlikely things, so here's hoping)

• Winner x 12
    • Like x 1
  8. Acey

Disenchantment season 2 came out today! I'm really happy and excited--I LOVED the first season and I'm so psyched to see where the story goes!

• Agree x 2
  9. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

• Winner x 6
    • Informative x 1
  10. Acey

While working on cleaning my room, I found a favorite shirt of mine that had been missing for ages!! It’s in the wash right now!

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I haven't been in school for years but I just remembered some of my teachers who let their classes use notes (or at least make a sheet of notes) on a test and it sent a wave of nostalgic relief through me

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I have a friend who's a math professor and she says that the secret is that deciding which things need to go on a single sheet of notes is actually better studying than most students would do, and doing it well demonstrates mastery of the material in itself. :::PPP

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  13. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

That was my management teacher’s logic (and she told it to us upfront lmao.) It also has the added benefit of letting students who would otherwise stress out and give up feel like they’re pulling one over the teacher—the more confident they feel going into a test (even if it’s the “hah! bet she won’t expect me to write down everything in size 4 font!” kind of confidence) the better they’ll do.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  14. Acey

I honestly might have done better in school if that had been an option in more of my classes. My memory is shit, but I take good notes!

• Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 1
  15. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i am being happied this very moment by the sounds of keith the toad splashing around in his water dish. there’s a purring hermes on my legs, and from the terrarium comes the clink of pebbles on ceramic and the gentle splish bloop of a handsome dirt goblin getting his soak on.

did you know american toads can live up to 30 years in captivity? what a good statistic.

• Winner x 14
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Ohh, wow, the effort put into this!

• Winner x 2
  17. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I got a job! :D

• Winner x 15
  18. Hell yeah, congrats!

Yesterday I got to see some baby shihtzu puppies, we may or may not be getting one in the near future. They were so small

• Winner x 12
  19. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

Clean bedsheets: check
    Excercise (Starting Strength weightlifting, together with husband): check
    Hot bath: check
    Dinner of pasta and homemade sauce: upcoming

I am going to have The Best Sleep Ever and I feel so good right now.

• Winner x 7
  20. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Exfoliated with coffee scented sugar scrub that actually smells more like chocolate

leggies are Cleen and Soff

• Winner x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice