What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

My headfuzz is so soft it's like fur and hhhh
    i just love rubbing my hands over it it feels so nice
    getting a buzzcut = best idea y/hy/hfy

• Like x 3
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

my best friends stealthed into my kitchen and left me a big box of different kinds of trail mix. :3

• Like x 5
  3. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

I have socks with pictures of dinosaurs on them!

• Like x 4
  4. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

• Like x 1
  5. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

Talked about my memories with R on the floor on his house last night.
    got a lot of hugs.
    saw bel.

• Like x 3
  6. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I have FOUR new pairs of boots including one that makes me look like a woodland elf. And I'm eating pastel with my mom and have a friend-date with my ex-girlfriend to watch Disney on Ice next month! :3

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    • Like x 2
  7. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Fun socks are the best! :D

• Like x 1
  8. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ALSO so this is not only a post about pretty boots (but... PRETTY! BOOTS!) I also had a reeeeally nice dinner with bro and dad, we had a good time and actually talked a lot, which as my dad's mental illnesses progress has become very rare.

ALSO ALSO my friend Gui called me up today just to chat, what an adorable person he is :3

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    • Like x 2
  9. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

Heh. Been rather absent from the forum lately(all kinds of not doing good) but a good thing happened today! I happened to be talking to one of my brothers about how terrible I'm doing, and how I figured out loneliness was one of the problems, so of course he did the whole "well call me sometime and we will do a thing!". Surprisingly, I mentioned that I was off the next day(today) and I had no vehicle(long story) so he actually picked me up and we hung out with one of his friends. It was nothing exciting(which I can't really do these days) but it was just nice to have companionship.

He also talked to me about getting some liquid helpers because he suspects that some vitamin deficiencies may be part of the problem. He also talked me into getting some form of caffiene(a substance I typically avoid) as well. So, I have some vitamin drinky things I will try tomorrow, as well as some caffienated soda. Today, atleast, life seems okay and hopeful. I gotta a lot of shit I need to get done tomorrow(that I've been needing to do for weeks) so I'm hoping that things will get better.

• Like x 4
  10. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Glad to see you around again.

• Like x 1
  11. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

^_^ Thank you. Everything takes so many spoons these days. Reading, listening, writing/talking... Everything. It's really really discouraging. I mean, once I figured out that loniliness was one of my problems I thought "well I'm sure people will talk to me on kintsugi!" but I have nothing say, no energy to say it. It's frustrating. Anyways, thanks. My self-confidence is really shot these days, so it helps.

12. jacktrash

the greatest thing happened in my ongoing tumblr rp.

context: there is very serious bad shit going down in the troll rp, erskin has been mindcontrolled by his evil vampire girlfriend into rushing cross-country on foot in winter, and got frostbite on his amputated leg so his prosthetic wouldn't stay on, and thinks bel is out to kill him rather than rescue him, and bel is dissociating because he can't handle the feels, and everything is completely awful.

except that the two of them posted a sex video a while back, and it went viral, and now they're internet celebrities. and this gossip blog keeps trying to interview them in the middle of their life-and-death chase.

http://askcrossfirehurricane.tumblr...osted-to-a-trashy-gossip-hub-in-the-middle-of

link is to my rp-blog's repost of it, but it was roachpatrol who wrote the gossip articles. i've been kind of meh all day, but this made me laugh really hard, and i've been smiling ever since. the story was so grim, and then suddenly -- troll TMZ has opinions!

• Like x 2
  13. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

14. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I FINISHED MY PAPER. Also rp things are starting for me again. Yes. YES. Porrim just recently got threatened by the son of the late Mobster Kingpin. Told her she should think about taking a vacation to Ireland, see. Go and see the family. There might be collateral damage what with her dating the boss of a gang that Mobster Kingpin Jr. has issues with.

Said mob boss is Mindfang. Who isn't an awful human being.

And Doc Scratch is looming in the background being a pervert and a vampire politician. And Porrim's mom is hanging out with everyone but Porrim because wow Fair Folk parenting. And evil Porrim from another timeline is in Doc Scratch's "care". And Spidermom is Spidermom. And Empress of England Condy is TAKING OVER THE WORLD.

So everything is awful and Porrim's life continues to be a hellspiral of awful things that are awful and it's awesome.

• Like x 1
  15. jacktrash

oh no cutie attack

[​IMG]

he just sat down on me and started very seriously watching the screen like "yes hmm this thread is very interesting"

• Like x 6
  16. Aondeug

"But yes, you're unique in that such a concept doesn't appeal to me by default. BUT YOU"RE THE SAMANTHA. So it's cool. Or the Samuel, sometimes."

My girlfriend said this just now and it's the greatest thing. I've known this for a while. That she's fine with the bigender thing. It's really nice to hear it again though.

• Like x 3
  17. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

I had the most delicious Thai food at a tiny family-run restaurant, and they gave me a free donut to take home with my leftovers :)

• Like x 2
  18. Aondeug

oooh. What'd you have?

19. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

Massaman curry! So good.

20. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I'm now officially certified in both MIG and SMAW welding in the 3G(vertical) position! And I managed to turn in a plate for TIG too, so hopefully that goes well! It's a bit of a bummer that I never got to play with aluminum or stainless steel, and I am now intimately familiar with the smell of my own roasting flesh (and/or hot leather), but fuck it feels good to make this kind of progress. Also, singed leather and rotten steel smell fucking great.
    I dunno, does anyone else get excited over getting grimy and scarred in ways that mark you as a member of your trade? I get so pumped knowing I'm all sweaty and singed and smell like hot metal and burning. It feels more than a little lame admitting it, but I dunno, I just like feeling like I look/smell/sound like a welder.

• Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice