What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

shiny! :D

• Agree x 4
  2. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

*makes heart eyes at the pattern* it looks fucking awesome!

• Agree x 4
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Birthday! Presents included a box set of Murdoch Mysteries DVDs, a suitably punkish fishbone necklace, and a moon-shaped lamp!

• Winner x 5
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The lamp turns on and off when you lightly whack it. I can't stop playing with it.

• Winner x 6
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Winner x 12
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

If schadenfreude is okay to put here...
    @Aondeug, you remember that curse I asked you to put on my uncle's ex-wife? I think it worked! Turns out she did in fact get arrested for another case of embezzling, not long ago. She's probably out now, it was a couple years ago, but it was satisfying to learn.

• Winner x 1
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

today at the zoo with my sibling I got to run through the tropical building so I could tell the nearest zookeeper the vulture had escaped and was wandering around loose in there

objectively that wasn’t a positive occurance but it was kind of neat

the vulture was fine apparently he does this a lot

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 3
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I wrote something on another site which is getting voted down, but I'm happy that I don't feel bad about that. The thing was basically a shaggy-dog story joke more than a serious piece and if people hate it at least I made an impression. I'll consider it practice for accepting criticism on things I actually care about.

• Winner x 4
  10. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

1B4B0163-83C1-4334-9197-B681F9150C18.jpeg
    Someone tagged my fic as one of their all time faves, and they left a lovely heartfelt comment! ;u;

• Winner x 6
  11. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

So I came home from 2 nights at my gf's house yesterday, and when mum let the cats out of the laundry (where they go when the alarms are on) Jet came upstairs, saw me, and RAN to me SCREAMING with his tail as high as it would go. I sat down on my bed and he leapt up and boofed my chin so hard I almost bit my lip XD

Besides that, mum said that when I was gone he was going up to my bedroom door and meowing to be let in ;;_;;

I'm having some Emotions about getting confirmation that this boy who sometimes acts like he wants me to skin him really loves me so!!

• Winner x 10
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

New PJs are actually pretty comfortable, I just had to get used to the unfamiliar fabric. I'm glad, I didn't want to send them back. They look like this:
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 5
  13. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

We had a super bizarre day of LARPing today, most of it in a good way.

Started with a guy from a neighboring park coming to me to get his gambeson (cloth armor) tailored to fit him better. Right now it's basically a rectangle from shoulder to shin, and he wants a little more definition around the waist. He got here about an hour early and realized as soon as he went to pull it out of his bag that he left the gambeson at home, an hour and a half away. (I spent twenty minutes teaching him how to take in a waist line, and he's going to give it his best shot when he gets home. I've warned him not to cut any fabric, and if he doesn't like how it turns out, he can come back up here another week.)

Second. We bring the dogs to the park with us to larp because students love them, and they love the attention and adventure. Today we had a group of three students hang out on the sidelines next to where we were fighting, petting the dogs for about three hours. They talked to us for maybe ten minutes total, and spent the rest of the time lying in the grass with dogs, just hanging out.

Third, we had a super fun "it's a small world" moment today. In 2014, my beef made part of a suit of armor for a friend. He only got the back and breast plate, basically the torso shell, finished before the friend left the game forever and basically dropped off the face of the earth. We haven't heard from him since. Today, the guy with the gambeson was talking armor with my beef, because my beef is kind of the armor guy in our corner of the world, about a piece of plate he got third hand that has a ton of rust on it. He didn't know how to remove it without damaging the armor, and wanted to know if my beef could come look at it. Of course he can, so they take a trip out to the guy's car, and my beef finds out what happened to the piece of armor he made six years ago. It got passed around from person to person, and finally landed in this guy's possession.

• Like x 4
  14. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

@ChelG where did you get those pj's because even if they're a feminine cut I have a Mighty Need

15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Here! They're probably also on the American site, but they're Halloween specials so get 'em fast.

• Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

There has been exactly one (1) good thing about getting covid, and it's copious amounts of time to hang out with my mom one on one. We're suffering together, and I'm not saying it's worth the pain, but. I haven't actually been able to hang out with my mom in years. We're marathoning stuff, because sitting upright in a chair is about all either of us can do right now, and there's dialogue, piecing plot together, loving, hating, and laughing and I've missed this so much.

• Like x 4
    • Witnessed x 1
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

This giant rabbit is named Jabba, so in my mind she's forever going to be "Jabba the Hugged".

ETA: Comments in another video featuring a giant rabbit mention someone owning one by the name of Hoptimus Prime.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Winner x 6
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Animals with Halloween pumpkins!

• Winner x 2
  19. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

bought a cow skull for $15 at the farmers market! and a cute girl recognized my homestuck shirt!

• Winner x 8
  20. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I'd had a ten-second snippet of a song stuck in my head for literally thirteen years, and I hadn't had any luck finding it...but yesterday I went on r/tipofmytongue and posted a clip of me singing the tune and explaining what I remembered, and within UNDER TEN MINUTES someone managed to solve the mystery from my shitty recording and vague memories!! I'm so happy to finally know! :D

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice