What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Yessss. Massaman is boss.

• Like x 1
  2. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

tonight i played boss monster with my sister and had a lot of fun. we both like games where you can be mean to each other.

3. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

My dad is home from his business trip, which should mean my mom chills out a tad.

• Like x 2
  4. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

@seebs just brought me a plate of cookies arranged in a flower shape

[​IMG]

and i mean JUST brought them, they're still hot, imma go eat them now <3

• Like x 7
  5. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

@tinyhydra I don't know about marks of the trade since I'm a professional unprofessional, but I get unduly excited about getting dirty while a) gardening; b) doing handyman stuff around the house; and c) changing tires. Makes me feel very grown-up and ... professional, actually, I guess.

Today I'm happy 'cause I slept for eight hours and if I have to go to work it won't be until after five, probably.

6. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

SWEDEN WON EUROVISION

Instead of Russia's very hypocritical peace song.

So I am very glad. Still coming down from near hyperventilation.

• Like x 1
  7. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

To cheer myself up fromyesterday's big sad, I went to buy supplies for art lessons. Ended up also splurging on the fanciest sketchbook I've ever owned, huge and beautiful with sturdy paper. When my next paycheck comes I'm getting a second one just like it, It Is Decided. Am now broke but extremely satisfied.

• Like x 4
  8. jacktrash

@seebs went out to the comics-and-games store with @littlepinkbeast. i had a sudden terrible protein craving, mentioned it to @Vast Derp, who volunteered to bring me cheese curds from culvers. so he and @rainbowbarnacle came over with a big bag of delicious, and as we started eating seebs and lory got back and showed off their purchases. including a rainbow dash wig, because it's hilarious that's why.

then we all sat around chatting, eating, i finished off the piƱa coladas seebs made me and had my cheese curds, seebs and lory played with their Outer Space Murder Dollies, we talked about fantrolls and dogs (and inevitably ended up talking about a fantroll au where everyone's dogs), and generally had a mellow delightful time.

the night was cooling off, so we had the porch door open. the cats were running in and out, checking out the night smells and noises on the porch and then scooting back around to the dining room to make sure we were all still there or whatever it is cats are checking on when they do laps like that. molly cat was doing the slow-mo chase-me thing where she makes it clear she wants to be picked up, but scoots away a little bit whenever you try. but when i got all sad and was like "mollycat whyyy" she stopped and did a little shuffle in place IT WAS SO CUTE OH GOD and i picked her up and she started loudpurring right in my ear, it made me super happy.

then everyone went home, and as seebs was getting ready for bed and i was collecting my stuff to go upstairs, i checked tumlbr one more time and found that roach had drawn the happy reunion between galley and his lusus, and it's such a beautiful and joyful picture. it was the cherry on the perfect caramel sundae that was my day.

funny how life works. i woke up in so much pain today, and was actually crying from back pain this afternoon, but the evening was full of friends, food, felines, and felicity, and now i'm so happy i could just about spit rainbows.

• Like x 8
  9. Aondeug

Thinking about slugs. I love slugs a lot. They're so cool. They have their genitalia under their mantels, which are on their backs. And they have neato dicks that move about and intertwine with those of other slugs. They then exchange their genetic material and if they can't untangle they eat their penises and go on about their slug lives. Laying slug eggs to make slug babies. Beautiful hermaphroditic slug babies.

And they got love darts. Which are cool.

And they got different kinds of mucous. Some slugs track other slugs by their trails and eat them. Predator slug. Their little breathing holes are on their mantels too...And they got their awesome sensory tentacle bits. Two pairs.

They just slug about too. Slowly but surely going on with their little slug lives. They seem so simple and gross to us but they're really cool. Angry slugs in summer. DEFENSE MUCOUS THAT TASTES BAD.

[​IMG]

Lookit this thing. And its beautiful face. It just wants to live and have a nice slug life.

Also a few days ago when it rained a LOT of snails were out. Little baby snails and larger snails. All of them just snailing about at their own slow pace. They were doing it in the middle of a sidewalk though so I had to pick them up and move them to safe places where assholes or careless people wouldn't step on them.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    • Like x 7
  10. Fish butt

Fish butt Everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

@Aondeug you remind me of my mother's little joke about slugs. Because they don't have shells like snails, they're 'homeless' according to my mother, so she calls them 'chomeurs' which is French for 'unemployed'. I can't call a slug a slug anymore, I'll always refer to them as chomeurs.

Yesterday I had a long talk with a friend of mine. We've all been going through some rough patches, as the market hasn't been too kind to designers, and especially in this city the prospects of finding a job have been very low. Most of us have either moved back to our own countries or have landed in shitty jobs they don't much like. And yet, this friend, who can't speak English very well, has managed to find a job in a design studio. She's the first of us non-Americans to land in a stable job for her skillset, and it sounds funny, but that makes me very happy. A while ago this news would just have made me loathe myself even more (can't find a job because I'm so useless etc.), but now I could hear it and was filled with hope for myself in the future.

I'm starting to find my old optimistic look at life, and it makes me very happy. I've had a lot of crises where I was terrified about the future, and now the future's here and eh, it's not terrible. There are actually a lot of opportunities hidden around, and my ideas are original enough that I don't doubt there's a company willing to take the risk of taking me on. It's not easy, but nothing worth getting (to me) is easy, and yet I've managed it: I got in a good name art school in this city and I graduated from it with flying colours even though I was depressed and clashed with a lot of teachers, I have a ton of skills that make me incredibly flexible, I can learn new skills really quickly and I have remodelled myself from independent animator to graphic designer with a few basic web skills thrown in. I've learned to get along with people without having to sacrifice my personality, and when the going got rough, I managed by myself to cut out a very toxic person from my life. And I'm now more scarred, more mature and better for it.

• Like x 5
  11. Lib

Lib Well-Known Member

My wife is cuddly and sweet. That is all.

• Like x 3
  12. Aondeug

I have embarked on a quest in RP land and that quest is entitled "Have Porrim's mom woo Damara". Go Dolly. You get that woman in your bed. Well her bed really. AND YOU ROMANCE HER AND GO ON DATES AND STUFF.

• Like x 1
  13. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

• Like x 2
  14. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

my girlfriend bought me a stuffed animal sloth while she was out

she'll be out of town for a week and now i have something to cuddle while she's gone!

• Like x 2
  15. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

IT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MORNING I'VE EVER SEEN THIS YEAR. SO MISTY AND COLD AND GRAY. I CANT SEE A THING OUTSIDE THE WINDOW BECAUSE OF THE FOG. THIS IS SO GLORIOUS

• Like x 5
  16. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

[​IMG]

I went to the most aesthetically pleasing candy store today. This is just the orange-yellow-green section, but the whole store was like this - perfectly identical jars forming a candy colored rainbow around the store. I just kind of stood in the middle of the store with a rapt expression on my face.

• Like x 6
  17. jacktrash

o-oh *joy shivers*

• Like x 1
  18. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

i. um. wow. i gotta share this with you guys.

• Like x 3
  19. jacktrash

the eurovision sense of humor gives me life, even though i don't really understand it

20. kmoss

kmoss whoops

In reply, I gotta share this walkthrough I found of Superbonk

(coincidentally, when i write *comforting headbonk* or whatever, these are the images I get in my brain. Tiny caveperson dedicatedly hitting bad things with their head)

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice