What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

We finally got through to the right person and I now have conditional permission for pet ferrets. I have to demonstrate that I can keep my place clean and talk to the guy in person, but touch wood it goes okay.

• Winner x 5
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

It went okay! Now just waiting for the official letter. Also I found some new face masks which are super comfortable.

• Winner x 6
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

went to Lush today for some xmas gifts and treated myself to a cinnamon roll bubble bar for me. this thing is fantastic, I'm sitting in an absolutely luxurious tub of bubbles drinking cranberry cider and watching rtgame ^u^

• Winner x 8
  4. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I hung out with pals and decorated some holiday cookies last night! So much fun <3
    0709FF01-B099-4D78-BE7D-04E959FACDE5.jpeg And a better shot of my pride and joy:
    12F9363B-5FE1-48F9-8BD1-1EBE40AF3675.jpeg

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 1
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Very sweet post on Tumblr about a good thing about Redwall that I must keep in mind for writing!

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 3
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I have selected a ferret! (A friend for him will be coming about later.) My hands and sweater now smell like ferret, which I'm weird and enjoy.

• Winner x 8
  8. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

My older bro used to have ferrets, they are Silly and Good. I hope you get along with them! If they back into a corner they are likely to poo. Ours used to lol. Is yours litter trained? Ours had their stank glands removed so they just had a General But Good animal funk.

Onto my good thing: after 6 years my younger brother and I are finally financially stable enough to rent our own apartment! It's stressful and we both get anxious thoughts about money, but I have done the math and we will be fine as long as nothing goes weird at work, which is unlikely. I've been there almost 5 years, it's a lame fast food job but stable. No one will emotionally abuse us or put Fox News on in our home. No one will threaten us with homelessness unless we don't pay rent. I can keep my mom far away if I wish to. And if I need to, I can have my doggo move in. I would like to do that asap, but he would be alone in the bathroom while we're at work and that's a bummer. Hopefully I meet someone nice (who has a job that's offset ours by a few hours so doggo will have more company) so I can get pup moved in, but for now bro and I are safe and that needs to be enough. (We only have two bedrooms so any third roomie will have to be Friendly with one of us XD)

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 1
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Haven't actually brought mine home yet, but I will do soon. And congrats!

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  10. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

• Winner x 2
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I got him! Pictures forthcoming. Meanwhile, here is a man playing piano for some elephants.

• Winner x 2
  12. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Discovered the UNBELIEVABLE JOY of dramatic irony in fanfiction. The audience is already aware of how the story is supposed to go! They don’t need the boring half of dramatic irony explained! I can dig in and entrench myself in these delicious misunderstandings, for a super fun and funny story of intrigue and double crossing.

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
  13. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

It's great fun to write, too. >:::)))

• Winner x 1
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Two buyers on my proofreading gig! Small jobs, but gives me hope more will come.

• Winner x 4
  15. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Lush matcha bubble bath, temeraire audiobook, ice cider :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    • Winner x 4
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

My brother is trying to get into producing music for people as a career, and he got his first client a few days ago! He'll be working with her on an original song by her in his home studio and he's absolutely thrilled

He's already made some of his own stuff and it's honestly very good and I'm happy someone has recognized that and wants to pay him to do their stuff

• Winner x 7
  17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Also! My sister's turning 24 this year and despite a looong string of unfortunate birthdays, she'll be Airbnb-ing in Puerto Rico this year with her fiancee! I'm so psyched for her, she absolutely deserves it

• Winner x 5
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Happy in an angry way, if this makes sense? This lady calling out shitty messages gives me hope for good messages.

19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

This poor little ferret lost all her hair to adrenal disease so her humans make her sweaters. Awwww.
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice