What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Ong-Bak was so violently Buddhist. It was great. Also it was violently Thai.

Also Tony Jaa kicked some bitch in the face while he was ON FIRE and he ran about Bangkok and jumped over everything and people in the fight club were like HANUMAN IS IN TOWN. AND I WAS LIKE HELL YEAH HE IS HAVE YOU SEEN THAT BOY JUMP.

2. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

lately i've been feeling like i'm not very good at my job and that i'm only getting away with it because i don't normally work with my manager. but today there was a situation on drive through: a customer ordered thing a expecting thing b, then got agitated and annoyed with the new hire who took their order. my coworker couldn't work out what they actually wanted, so i got called over to sort things out. i actually feel pretty pleased with myself for how i handled it; not only did the customer leave happy, but they actually apologized to my coworker.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    • Like x 3
  3. chaoschristian

chaoschristian zero card

Simple pleasure: watched Mad Max: Fury Road with my sons. Awesome flick and well pleased they got Max right.

• Like x 3
  4. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

I just put on nail polish that is exactly the color of a new penny. I don't think I've worn nail polish in three years or more, but I am delighted with my shiny metallic nails.

• Like x 4
  5. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

[​IMG]

guess what's finally seeing the light of day again after a long and hard summer

• Like x 5
  6. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i made a three-liter pitcher of cold-brew coffee, mixed in a can of sweetened condensed milk, and am drinking it on ice. it's so good omnomnom. it's not quite the vietnamese iced coffee i crave -- the vietnamese restaurants in st paul all use chicory coffee and i can't get that here in the sticks -- but it still brings back memories of long afternoons at mai village plot-noodling on fic over egg rolls with rah and/or luka.

it's like friendship in a glass. :3

• Like x 7
  7. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

I nabbed a new litterbox yesterday for seven dollars--it is much bigger and comes with a giant lid, which means I can take long baths now without having to be right next to it. 8) And my bathroom looks much nicer overall.

Yesterday I got to vacuum up all the fuzz gifts Beatrix lovingly shed everywhere, and it felt so NICE. (Beatrix is mostly gray and my carpet is mostly peach, so having it all nice and clean again is wonderful.)

I got new small pillows at a thriftstore for something like five bucks and some change--one is blue and green and firm and the other is velvet and dark green and SQUISHY, it's completely perfect for faceplanting in. I kind of want to carry it everywhere.

I found blackberry tea. I haven't had blackberry tea since I lived in Bellingham and I missed it SO MUCH.

I have that vague "FEEEEEEEEEEELS" headspace where you really wanna write something but you don't know what it is yet and so you're left with your brain kind of running in flustered circles, and normally that would be completely frustrating but right now it's kinda nice. I'm all excited. X)

luka's autocorrect turned "banzai" into "basmati" and I giggled.

• Like x 4
  8. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Got off my ass and cleaned up my workspace today. The Bigcat was so happy with that, she decided to give her pet human some positive reinforcement in the form of lots and lots of cuddles, nose rubs and purring <3

• Like x 4
  9. budgie

tomorrow i get to see my boyo for the first time in two years!

• Like x 3
  10. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

My friend donated $60 towards my glasswork lessons.

I almost fucking cried.

• Like x 8
  11. Aondeug

Today was the first time I have helped at my temple in a year. It was the most fulfilling thing I have done. Well no. What I did during that year was fulfilling. Amazingly so. But there's a sort of delight to be had in being one piece of one larger team and community that I just could not get from Irish polytheism.

I can with Theravada Buddhism though.

And I just have a lot of friends there? And the monks are great people.

The point is I was part of something again religiously speaking. A cog in a machine, so to speak.

• Like x 6
  12. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I'm actually feeling inspired to write, and I lost a pound!

...Granted, what I really want to write is either my horrible Cronus fic or really awful self-indulgent SU/HS crossover shipfic*, but STILL.

*please ask me about this

• Like x 2
  13. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

I talked to my mother last night and she started a sentence with "If you get married and have kids...". This may not seem huge, but it has been "When you get married and have kids" for pretty much my entire life. Five years of gently correcting "when" to "if" every single time has finally had an impact. I feel less trapped by expectations and consequently, happy. :)

• Like x 5
  14. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

One of my housemates told me tonight that I am the best cook in the house :D

• Like x 2
  15. budgie

my school's new course registration/account management system lets me include a preferred name as well as a legal name!

• Like x 5
  16. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

CHEESE BALLS

• Like x 2
  17. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

MY MOIRAIL'S BIRTHDAY

Holy shit, it was so much fun. A bunch of friends came over and we made hot-dogs (Brazilian style, with homemade tomato sauce and corn and peas and straw potato) and quentão (hot red wine spiced with brown sugar, orange peels, fresh ginger, anise, cinnamon sticks and cloves, served steaming), played Just Dance, were very silly and enjoyed each other's company very much. I am also left with a TON of food and will be eating hot dogs and drinking quentão all weekend (I am extremely OK with this development)

• Like x 1
  18. Aondeug

ODDWORLD ODDWORLD ODDWORLD.

19. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I have my new favourite octopus-print trunks on and my second pear cider tasted mysteriously of Moffat toffee. I am feeling mellow.

• Like x 2
  20. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i invented a fantastic new blender dessert and am now full of fruit slush. what a lovely day.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice