What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

AAAAAAAAAAAH UTENA

• Like x 2
  2. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Today was a very good day. A lot better than I expected, actually! I don't exactly have a good track record with birthdays, so I was kinda expecting to be sad and tired and whatever at the end of it. But I'm not. I aced my pipefitting final, which means that I've got solid 100% on every written test I've taken in that class. Which isn't much of an achievement, really, but it'll do good for my GPA at least. Been trying to be more active lately, nothing bog. Jog here instead of walking, do some bodyweight exercises when there's nothing to do but be idle. Been pleasantly surprised by how well I'm doing! I'm not quite as much a man shaped hunk of pudding as I'd thought. Still got work to do, but baby steps. Got to break marble at work, which was fun! Used a demolition hammer, which is like a tiny handheld jackhammer, and that tuckered me right out. I'm that delicious kind of sore and salt-stiff that comes from putting in a good day's work. It's not a whole lot, but it's more than I expected, and I think that's a good way to cap off the first twenty years of my life, yeah?

• Like x 3
  3. Finally got my gpa up. From non-existant to high enough to be at least a little proud of. It took a whole year of A's and B's to do but it's finally where I need it

• Like x 3
  4. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

A tiny thing, but... am sick and full of work to do. Lay facedown in bed and just prayed to God to please give me strenght hold sickness off until tomorrow morning, when I'll be done with my college and work obligations. Immediately, the bigcat came over to me, put one of her paws on my head and started grooming my hair and nuzzling me and even laying on top of my head and nuzzling my neck. It was such an obvious sign, and it did give me strenght. I'm nearly done with the shitty paper I have to hand in tomorrow morning. And I'm feeling ok :)

• Like x 3
  5. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I got a new dress for fifteen bucks. It's a short-sleeved navy blue (nearly black) skater dress that fits me PERFECTLY and is hella comfy. And here's the best bit--IT HAS POCKETS! Actual pockets! I love it!

• Like x 4
  6. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

OMG that is so awesome!

POCKETS

I went shopping and got a pink shirt, a yellow shirt, a dark blue sleeve-shrug thingy and shoes. And might possibly go back to drop an epic amount on a skirt if it is still there in a week.

• Like x 1
  7. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I bought lovely purple surgical clogs for my internship today. It was totally random that they had my favourite colour :D

8. Aondeug

Dinner was burgers and beer. Also rice as rice is the ever needed constant of all meals. I've got some moleskine notebooks too. I love them. A lot.

9. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I went to a diner for lunch, and my beer was super late...so they gave it to me on the house.

Also got more cute clothes.

10. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

Had a really nice date-day with my partner yesterday. Got yakisoba for lunch, got some stuff at the store that I needed, saw a movie, had sex, cuddled a bunch. So good times.

And today I tried on some new clothes and they are very comfy so that's good. I was too out of it to try on at the store and I lucked out that everything fits fine so I don't have to go back for returns.. Finally not wearing a bra that's a cupsize too small, and this skirt is soft and wonderful.

• Like x 2
  11. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Got another edition of the Arabian Nights - it's my fourth! And it has an amazing intro and UGH I love it so much. Also got a book of 100 knit and crocheted flowers. It's so beautiful and... kinda soothing? Then had dinner at my fave kebab place. They have apple and ginger juice which tastes like icy bliss.

• Like x 2
  12. Mattias

Mattias Well-Known Member

MY MEDS WERE FREE!!! And I had a nice walk in the sunshine, and there were tomatoes on the tomato plants, and my brothers planted the cucumber plants outside, and I got ice cream, and a kitty is sitting on me and purring. It was a good day.

• Like x 1
  13. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I love flying. The weathers pretty cloudy and lousy here, but... Flying through the rain and thick clouds just to finally break through to clear skies, the horizon endless ahead and low afternoon sun coloring the top of the clouds rose and gold... So pretty and peaceful. Makes me think the world is kind.

• Like x 1
  14. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Visited the art myseum, had weird feelings because the last time I'd been there I was 10 and said museum seemed colossal in its grandeur, and now I learned that it's actually pretty small. Thought of 10 year old me who was sk sure she wanted to be an artisst; cried a lot (the good cry), bought myself a set of artist quality pastel pencils and some ecoline. A good day.

15. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Last week, one of my best friends told me his psychiatrist is worried about him because his depression is pretty bad, she's going out of town for a month and he finished his Master's degree and is unemployed with no immediate job prospects and that means few things going on in his life to keep him active and distract him from badfeels. This friend has a hard time reaching out for help, and that makes that kind of situation even harder.

I sent him a message telling him I worry too and that I want him to rely on me, call me, ask me over if he needs me, that it's not a burden to me, that I want to be a friend who helps see him through that. It took him 4 days to respond, but yesterday he did. He said "Yes. I'm counting on you". And those were amazing words to hear.

I'm going over to his place even as I type this :)

• Like x 2
  16. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Have had vague plans to redo the floors in our house since we moved in. We had really wanted hardwood, but the "This is it, this is home" house was carpet throughout. Last night we moved from vague wanting noises to color and budgeting discussion.

(Problem of course is color. Bottom floor is all connected around the central column. The wine-red foyer-turned-library is connected to the tan living room/hall, and the kitchen is soft green. WHAT DO? We both make sex noises at things like dark mahogany but dunno if it'd work?)

17. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

What a great fucking day I had with my family!!

Ate lunch with grandma, uncle, bro and sis-in-law at a Chinese restaurant, then went with bro and sis-in-law to see the Human Bodies exposition at the mall. We had fun looking at the bodies and talking about anatomy and general nerdiness, sis-in-law said me and bro "are weird" because we talked a bit about our lack of empathy, I got flappy-handed when I saw the Central Nervous System. Then they went with me to buy yarn and fancy tea.

At one point during our walking, my sis-in-law said something really transphobic, I called her out on it and she was very polite about it. Asked me to explain what was wrong, and, when I did it, said she understood, that she'd never thought about it, and thanked me for teaching her a bit about trans issues. This felt really nice, both the mature conversation and the feeling that I did something good :D

Then we went to have dinner with my dad at the Outback and all of us ordered cheesecake for dessert. We nerded out talking about language, how different accents work, how standard English as a second language works, funny anecdotes about foreign accents - how cool it is that the Americas have accents which are closer to Medieval Europe than the contemporary European ones etc - and animal brains - which brain functions are required for an animal to be trainable at all, how you can't train crocodiles and other reptiles because they have no notion of cause and consequence, how different animals display their ability to cooperate and communicate etc. Then we told sister-in-law some choice family anecdotes.

I love my family, the bunch of weird crooked nerds we are.

• Like x 1
  18. Aondeug

I slept. I hadn't slept for an entire day because I suck at sleeping and I finally slept last night. I was so happy.

• Like x 2
  19. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

I took an IQ test. Haven't in years. I know they're hella flawed and biased and junk. ... but it still makes me happy to see 148.8.

#insecure smart kid #goes and hides in the corner #because #it's mean to be proud of being smart #i have so many issues about this

• Like x 2
  20. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Went to Kinokuniya, the Japanese bookstore, and bought the latest copy of Japan Railfan Magazine, which is the most beautifully photographed train enthusiast magazine in the world. Now time to puzzle through the Kanji with my Japanese dictionary to try and work out what they're saying ...

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice