What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

That was a pretty great birthday! Got to romp around the library and plunder the poetry section, and I had an excellent burrito for dinner. Also, if you're online in Pokemon on your birthday, other players can wish you well, it's a cute little burst of confetti on screen.

• Like x 1
  2. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

About 20 years ago I let my driver's license run out for Reasons, mostly "out of work and can't afford insurance" and "let abusive then-partner convince me I was better off not driving anyway." So in order to get a license again, I basically have to go through the whole process all over again. After not driving for *mumble* years.

I got a learner license about two weeks ago. This past Saturday I drove my friend around town in her minivan. I parallel parked the minivan. I took the minivan onto the freeway. I parked the minivan in an active parking lot and got out of it again. By the time I pulled up at my apartment to hand the minivan back over to her, it was like I'd never stopped driving at all. I feel like I'm in the process of taking back control over a huge chunk of my life and it's scary but it feels fucking amazing.

• Like x 5
  3. Another Shy One

Another Shy One More books than clothes

I got to hang out with my pseudo-morail on saturday (i say pseudo because she has never read homestuck and i havent actually asked her yet to be my morail) after a long year of playing should i contact should i not after she pretty much ignored me for her bf. We got to talk and she realized just how much she hurt me and how much she was hurt by trying to isolate herself. It doesnt seem like a happy moment but it was because i got my best friend back.

4. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

I finally finished cleaning out most of the random bags of things from the move and we finally have living space in my room again. While I still have a lot of organization I want to do, the big part is completed and I'm feeling a lot more comfortable and should be able to maintain this living space for a good while.

• Like x 1
  5. plushielordlexandie

plushielordlexandie some ramen raiding radian

WARNING: this is mushy-gushy gross romantic stuff.

Last month still counts as recently, right? If so: my trip to see my girlfriend. Being with her was just... so peaceful, and so right. We did so many fun things together (like playing the video game that brought us together as friends in the first place) and she gifted me with so many cute little things (one of the things she made herself!), but really the biggest gift of all was to be by her side. I can't wait to see her again.

(And then last week she sent a package to me, which included a plushie she made years ago that she decided to give to me and a croquet Hello Kitty hat she made for me fff-- /)///(\)

• Like x 4
  6. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Woke up to snuggles and doofy still-asleep smiles from Husband <3

7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

So I'm on Cherubplay and I've connected with a great Aradia as Damara (which is happymaking in and of itself!), and this happened:

[​IMG]

And they went on to say that I'm a major role model for them because I seem so laid-back and friendly, and holy shit my night is MADE okay.

• Like x 6
  8. ectoBiologist

ectoBiologist I'm a wise guy

My friend helping me decorate and put all my things away in my room and finally unpack. I moved into this house in June and I'm only now JUST unpacking fully. My room is so nice now!!

• Like x 1
  9. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Friend likes my stupid Homestuck rp characters in Dark Souls 2. This makes me happy. It is silly.

10. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

9AFF AL'A3RABIYA OMFG YES. I missed ustaazatii so much. She is the greatest woman and if anyone bitches about how Islamic cultures are evil and sexist and evil I will fucking fight them. SAY THAT TO MY FACE CHAKAAR. I WILL END YOU. Because really al'ustaaza is honestly probably one of the greatest and kindest people I know.

11. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Met with my Dad after 8 years. Reconciliation is going great.

12. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Positive feedback on my functioning over the last week and today :D :D

13. ectoBiologist

ectoBiologist I'm a wise guy

burning a puzzle that I completed that was missing a piece

14. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

My katniss is giving birth!!!!! Two new kitties in the house for now

• Like x 2
  15. Emma

I possibly have a date :D :D :D

• Like x 4
  16. Emma

Update: I actually have a date! :D The guy asked me out and everything :D (Makes me happy because it makes me feel like we're at about equal levels of interest)

• Like x 3
  17. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

i rented a board game from work today (free board game rentals aww yiss) and just played a couple rounds with my dad and it was Very Fun and i like spending time with my dad, and it was nice to do something besides video games

• Like x 2
  18. new boo's bein cute 8)

19. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

!!! SOMEONE DREW A THING INSPIRED BY A THING I DREW
    I FEEL SO COOL AND PROUD OF ME
    I'VE BEEN FEELING REALLY DOWN ABOUT MY ART BUT SOMEONE LIKED A THING I DREW ENOUGH TO BE INSPIRED BY IT AND THIS IS ALL I HAVE EVER WANTED OUT OF LIFE REALLY

also minimum wage is going up apparently? that is nice, I look forwards to earning slightly more money.

• Like x 3
  20. Emma

BEST BIRTHDAY EVER :D :D :D :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice