What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

S2 is even better than S1--like, I don't think there's been a single dud episode all season. Granted, even the duds in S1 were pretty good, but S2 has been consistently really, really excellent.

• Like x 1
  2. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

I think there have been, at least in comparison, but the S2 duds are still about as good with the middle-of-the-road S1 eps, so...

3. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Yeah, fair enough. Scary-oke wasn't super amazing (though it was a solid season opener) and Little Gift Shop Of Horrors was just kind of meh, but like you said, they both would've been pretty average in S1. S2 is just that much better.

...We should start a Gravity Falls thread.

• Like x 1
  4. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Gonna toss this in:

This forum makes me really happy. Happy is too normal a word for it though.

This forum makes me feel like it's a cold and beautiful winter night outside, and you have two stacks of books you just got from the library right within arms reach on the coffeetable in front of you, and the fireplace is toasty in the way that makes the 2 blankets you have stacked on your feet just warm enough, and you have the biggest mug of tea and honey in your hands. That kind of happy.

And that kind of happy doesn't happen that often for me, so, thanks, everyone, for this happy.

The type of happy that makes me think cheesy thoughts like how the first syllable of kintsugi really works here, and we might be beautiful & damaged but we're also together and we get to talk about it.

#Ok #That's too cheesy #I need to go to sleep before I write anything else #you guys put the kin in kintsugi #ok i'm done #posting this before i write anything else #christ

• Like x 10
  5. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

I am awake and cannot sleep, so I am watching people do silly science-y things. I usually like Loading Ready Run for their sketch comedy, but tonight their "Fun with Microwaves" series is just what I need.

They do things you're not supposed to and you can see all of the various cool effects that happen when putting, say, a CD in the microwave. Or marshmallows. Or lightbulbs. Lots of fun to watch.

It's fun. With microwaves.

Raymond and his microwaves return to further the pursuit of marshmallow-based science.
    Is over at the Escapist, which can't embed, unfortunately. Boooo!

But link here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/5683-Fun-With-Microwaves-3

Behind the scenes of Fun with Microwaves 3.

With a special guest: Easy Explanation of How Microwaves Work!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  6. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

S2 is awesome. It's a good deal, freakier? I guess.

7. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Oh man, so many things today! Today is a Good Day

1. Got prescription lenses for my new glasses. They should be ready for me to pick up in 2 weeks. These glasses will be gorgeous, fit me better, have a more current prescription (mine is REALLY outdated!) that will make me be able to watch subtitled movies again, and their frames are GENDER-NEUTRAL, which will make me pass so much better!
    2. Tonight I'm going to have dinner at an arab restaurant and watch one of my best friends bellydancing! She is amazing and beautiful and I'm so happy. Also kind and generous: I told her I might not be able to go if a payment I'm due hadn't come through yet (it hasn't, so I'm broke) and she offered to lend me the money for the ticket. Here's a video of one of her performances, which won her 1st place in a competition.
    3. After that, my moirail and another dear friend are sleeping over at my place! We're gonna talk and cuddle and watch stupid YouTube videos. I'm so happy and excited!

• Like x 8
  8. garden

garden lucid dreamer

I may have to catch up on Gravity Falls, but it'll have to wait; I've got robotics meetings/events for days.

This morning I dreamed that my father verbally acknowledged that gender-neutral people exist, which was cool (I suspect dreaming about gender stuff may have been caused by this forum.) I also dreamed that there was some kind of semi-apocalypse situation, and my family had a bigger, more fortified version of my current house (which for some reason had sleek black walls) and we survived off of stored food and whatnot. Also we started to play a board game about Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire characters who don't exist in the actual series.

• Like x 1
  9. Minitiate

Minitiate Delicious

I've been doing good at staying off Tumblr an studying for the past couple days, and I did really well on a test today. A friend from high school wants to get back in contact and I'm excited to do that. I am also excited to get into this forum when I get the time - it seems like it'll be pretty fun and probably helpful. :)

• Like x 2
  10. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Seeing likes on my brainsplatstorm posts. I'm incredibly insecure though excellent at hiding it, but there are a lot of people I respect on here especially in the creativity department. I'm really proud of myself for not defaulting to disgusting fanthing "~I am not worthy~" behavior even though it's never actually breached its mental containment center, and seeing people who Have Great Ideas And Make Cool Stuff on my insomniac idea-tossing is just hugely validating, especially since they're not the types to give empty praise.

• Like x 5
  11. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

Yes. Likes. Getting likes is awesome! And followers! :D:D:D

• Like x 2
  12. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Not gonna lie, I do a little mental jig every time @jacktrash likes one of my posts here.

• Like x 6
  13. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

haha you knew i was gonna like that post :D

• Like x 4
  14. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Yes, yes I did. :P

15. Minitiate

Minitiate Delicious

The "I'm not worthy" thing is a real easy and bad trap to fall into; good on you for staying out of that! And though I haven't posted anything really thoughtful here yet, I'm gonna go ahead and +1 the thing about enjoying the recognition and appreciation of the stuff I say here.

• Like x 1
  16. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Hehe, you're one of the people I go 'squeak' every time I see a like from.

• Like x 3
  17. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

So I just looked at the current World of Darkness kickstarter and RUSSIAN REVOLUTION DEMON IS HAPPENING I am so excited, you guys

18. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I got back to school after a week off due to bad weather, which was nice. I mean, it wasn't exactly the most productive of weeks. I didn't manage to turn in a cert plate, so. That's kind of meh. But I somehow always manage to forget how much I love working when I'm off, and it's always a joy to be reminded that i am a person who accomplishes things and enjoys doing so.
    Also, discovered Parasytes, and it's a lot of fun so far.

• Like x 2
  19. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

So yeah, this fourm has made me so happy that it's kind of throwing off my mood log and I can't tell if this happy is general improvement or just new-forum-induced improvement, but eh I'm cool with it either way.
    (I have so been neglecting work though....)

ALSO!
    It is after valentines, which means stores like CVS start stocking Easter stuff, WHICH MEANS!!!!!

STARBUSRT JELLYBEANS!!!!!! <3

20. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

You may like "Is It A Good Idea To Microwave This?"
    It's a long youtube series that does nothing but microwave stuff you shouldn't, often with hilarious consequences. I recommend the first one (lightbulb), ping pong balls, dynamite, and watermelon, especially. I never finished the series, but I got midway through season 2 before I stopped fixating on it. xD

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice