What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

Helping my bro pick out a geeky shirt on etsy for his birthday present <3

2. sicklyprince

sicklyprince giant androgynous glam monster

happy thing happened today: realized that since my family's away for a week i can wear the shirt i wore to the pride parade. brb decorating every inch of the house in rainbows.

• Like x 2
  3. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

There exist anime Mad Max Fury Road parody comics. There exist MMFR anime parody comics with War Boys in Sailor Fuku. They are all adorable and completely spot on and I just read one with Nux meeting Capable and it's the cheesiest fucking shoujo love at first sight kinda thing, and I feel like I'm gonna smile myself inside out.

• Like x 5
  4. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Links please

5. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

6. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

@tinyhydra:
    1. highlight the word you want to make a link
    2. press linky button
    3. paste url
    4. ???
    5. profit

7. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    • Like x 1
  8. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Mom and I had an argument today over my meds being delivered. She was positive she'd given them to me, and I was positive she hadn't.

It turns out I was right--she'd been misremembering. And you know what she did?

She admitted she was wrong and owned up to it.

Seriously, after seeing some of the shitty parents mentioned on here, I can seriously appreciate that.

• Like x 5
  9. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I bought an awesome new television today :D It's supposed to arrive tomorrow! It's going to be glorious, and I am going to watch Home on it. Because the one thing that will make Home better is watching it on a 32 inch television.
    It is going to be so awesome! :D

• Like x 1
  10. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I saw the most beautiful sunset of the year yesterday. The sky got minty green around the orange halo of sunlight, the clouds were this purplish grey with bright pink linings, and all the light reflected in THIS stream that runs through the middle of the street so the water sparkled. Every single thing in my life felt perfect right there and then.

• Like x 1
  11. Emma

I have the best TV ever :D :D :D I am so very happy with it :D

12. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Best thing about helping unload shit for the church garage sale: first pick.

A few minutes of Googling and testing and 20bux later, I can scratch that GPS off my Amazon wishlist.

(it does need a map update and those aren't free but I don't even have the car yet and the lifetime subscription costs about as much as two lousy one-time updates and Garmin just threw me a 10% off coupon for registering the thing so hey)

• Like x 1
  13. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

People genuinely thanking me for explaining something to them and being excited that they understand. Just. Best feeling.

• Like x 5
  14. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

My desktop wallpaper is now a live stream of Earth from the ISS

(okay, so, due to VLC not playing nice with a dual-monitor set-up, it's not actually my wallpaper, but fullscreening VLC on the monitor that doesn't have any icons is functionally identical to having it as my wallpaper on that monitor, and does what I wanted it to anyway)

• Like x 2
  15. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST. Which was kind of not what I was expecting at all. The first time I took it they made me get on and off the freeway and do the quick stop and back up 20someodd feet, but didn't make me parallel park (which pissed me off because I had spent like 4 hours a few days prior practicing that shit in a '77 Bonneville and I took that test in a teeny tiny Nissan).

This time they didn't make me get on the freeway, quick stop, or back up. Just a few left and right turns in the neighborhood by the DPS office. But they DID make me parallel park. Which was fine because I practiced and I took the test in a CR-V with a gloriously itty bitty turning radius and a backup cam. But still weird. But fine! And Mom is bringing my car down Monday. *wiggles with glee*

• Like x 4
  16. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

my best friends brought me a bear mug from the zoo. they said they had to look around some to find a bear thing that was realistic rather than cutseyfied. the mug has a nicely shaded ink drawing of an adult bear looking all huge and mellow and furry with some pines in the background, and it has a very large capacity too! i am drinking lemon tea out of it right now. <3

• Like x 5
  17. Emma

Really regretting the more than half a litre of milk I drank today. Ouch, my insides :(

18. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Aunt Boss handed me my paycheck and her truck keys and I drove to the bank all by myself. Feels good man.

• Like x 2
  19. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

15 minute extended versions of undertale songs are fantastic for bopping my head to and doing art and chores and such.

• Like x 1
  20. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

I have a car and I can go places and do things and I will actually get to go see this local college theatre production of Spamalot which Choir Bro #3 is in and everything is wonderful.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice