What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Got so much done at the doctor's today! Flu shot, blood tests came back malfunctioning within normal parameters, I've got a new med to prevent migraines and maybe lose weight (potentially beneficial side-effect, not a med specifically for losing weight), we're going to get an EKG done soon to see what's up with my naturally absurd heart rate. Once grandma finds the hours for the clinic I'm going to get my card for medicinals. Dad made some candy over the weekend and it's amazing. It shuts up my anxiety and the pain, but it doesn't cover up the pain. Just makes it... less loud? Like I can focus more attention on things that aren't "wow my everything hurts."

My head's still a mess but at least we're making progress on my body!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    • Like x 1
  2. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

The ten-year-olds at Mom's school were very, very interested in my talk about lasers and Antarctica and asked tons of questions. I feel that I have done my part for the future of science today. :)

• Like x 5
  3. LyraGoblin

LyraGoblin it makes sense in context

I get to see my mom today, and visit home over the weekend! And. It's pretty great that this is something I can look forward to in the first place -- my relationship with my mom was in pretty dire straits a few years ago, so I'm glad we're close now.

• Like x 1
  4. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

the shitposting rave thread in howdy there! makes me really happy!!!
    i love it so so so much! :D:D:D

• Like x 3
  5. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Fovnd lovely glass spiders, and also lovely cryptid skeleton ^^odels, and the world is definitely a better place for containing svch things. Also, fovnd where I hid ^^y brother's Dragon Ball co^^ics, and I'^^ gonna read the fvck ovt of those, and also pick vp where I left off with the DBZ ani^^e, becavse ^^y enthvsias^^ for pvnchy ^^otherfvckers and adorable 80s fashions has been rekindled. I'^^ weirdly happy today, and I dvnno, it's ]vst. Nice.

6. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

THIS:

7. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

This might be really silly, but i'm working on a novelization of my DAI playthrough and i'm really liking it so far. it's been a while since i liked anything i wrote, and that's a pretty ambitious project, and even if i probably will end up not posting it it's making me sorta happy, so.

8. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

After a month of traveling, I am back in my apartment. And my room. And my bed.

Ahhhhhhhhh.

• Like x 5
  9. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I bought a Harry Potter Gryffindor tie for my Hermione Costume :D Don't even care that it cost me almost thirty euros, it's supposed to be here sometime this week, and it's just going to finish my costume :D Now all I have to buy is a chain to suspend my Time Turner from.

• Like x 1
  10. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I figured out how to post with my Kindle! I thought, after the other tablet imploded, I'd be tethered to desktops. Nope!

Also bbq sauce pizza is great. And I know now how to turn the heat on here, and the go ahead to do so.

• Like x 1
  11. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

Chocolate covered coffee beans. That wonderful smell of freshly cooked rice. Taking a stack of completed sketches and work and just staring at the wad with satisfaction.

12. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

I have meds again! Well one med to start with. I'm on the generic if lexapro, it was so nice to have a doctor not just thrust me on bipolar meds - sticking with a psychiatrist in the same office as my therapist and the doctor that diagnosed me with autism was a good plan. Only day two and on the lowest does, but I feel like I'm getting someplace again with treatment.

• Like x 1
  13. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Choir Bro #1 bought my dinner for Veteran's Day. <>

(he also was maybe a little unclear with instructions to our server and ended up paying for Choir Bro #2's beer too)

• Like x 2
  14. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

I just bought orchestra seats for Book of Mormon!

This is why I have been awake until ten o'clock in the morning, and now I am going to go to bed and sleep the sleep of the dead.

15. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

I'm about to see The Mountain Goats live! And I was sensible and bought seating tickets, and I'm already so pleased that I'm not going to walk out of the venue crippled with pain from standing for so long.

• Like x 1
  16. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

So^^eone is writing an Vndertale story where people svb^^it their own characters to ill the cast, and it stars the dvde's absolvte ge^^ of an oc. Actval qvotes: "If yov are a ^^onster, then I wovld gladly pvt yov into svb^^ission."
    "Stop with yovr ^^edicore talk, yov're breaking the flow of ovr conversation."
    "he was tavght by the s^^artest professor at a very yovng age and as svch lacks co^^^^on sense."
    It's honestly really cvte? I dvnno, it ^^ade ^^e happy.

(Ff.net doesn't allow story content to be copy/pasted, sorry)

• Like x 1
  17. sicklyprince

sicklyprince giant androgynous glam monster

looked out the window to the backyard this morning, and there was a great blue heron just. standing there. it stood perfectly still for about ten minutes before flying away, it was pretty cool. :D

• Like x 3
  18. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

"Lily's in a box! Lily's sleeping in a box!" fits well into a little ]ingle whose origins escape ^^e at^^. Which is good, becavse Lily cat is sleeping in a box! The box ^^y Dragonball books ca^^e in! The books that I a^^ reading while petting ^^y soft fat ^^o^^a cat, who is sleeping in a box fvll vp with colorfvl socks that I'^^ vsing to ^^ake ^^y favorite brother a present! I a^^ very happy right now. C:

19. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Also!!! Downloaded a decent stea^^pvnk "choice of Ga^^es" ga^^e, and it is good and I'^^ gonna ^^ake ovt with an avstere wannabe Sherlock Hol^^es, cavse there ain't no way any self-insert of ^^ine doesn't fall head over heels for a loyal partner who treats hi^^ so gentle. 'S a fvn story, can't wait to see how it tvrns ovt.

20. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

in my tabletop game, my human character with a prosthetic arm made friends with a bunch of mechboy orcs and they all partied like crazy. when he was well and truly drunk, he got weepy and homesick talking about the traditions of his home planet (like punkin chunkin and tractor pulls) so the orcs put a squig on stilts and painted it brown-and-white-spotted so he could demonstrate cow-tipping. it was the cutest thing. i laughed so hard.

• Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice