What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

an old friend that i cut off because of bad behavior started following my tumblr recently. i was kind of nervy about it, and didn't acknowlege him, but i looked at his posts, and he seems to have mellowed out a lot, stopped drinking, married his very sweet and tolerant boyfriend, and generally grown up. today he responded to one of my posts, and i decided, you know what? it's been like a decade, and people change. so i responded back cheerfully. no reminders of bad times. i feel pretty good about it. idk, maybe we can be friends again someday.

• Like x 9
  2. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

the dudes at work appear to have mutually agreed on a radio station that plays a lot of songs that are intrinsically linked in my head to shitty amvs, and it is really funny to me. Animal I have Become, fucking Evanescence, it's like i'm 13 again.

• Like x 5
  3. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Big rattling rainstorm and pretty steel-grey-blue clouds... yaaaaass

• Like x 2
  4. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i bought myself a bluetooth keyboard, a really nice case for my ipad, and a super cute skirt off of amazon and the package came in the mail right after i left for vacation

well, i am home from vacation now and the loot is TOTALLY AWESOME, my ipad is basically a laptop now, its so great :D and the skirt looks super cute on me, ill have to take pictures for the selfie thread tomorrow, but!! im so pleased, i have "i made good purchases"y feelings rn

• Like x 1
  5. Loq

Skype/D&D group is proving surprisingly cool. General respect of triggers and brainweird, constructive discussion of topics like magic, religion, and politics... it is a very happy, chill place that I did not expect to find, considering the site we all met on is kind of known for tumblrina-style Drama.

Today was a cool day in general, actually. Got some writing did, visited the botanical garden, learned things.... yeah, today was a good day.

• Like x 1
  6. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

ooh, another thing that i meant to post about a while ago but forgot - a few weeks ago i got a letter in the mail! which is odd unto itself bc i never get mail

well, it was a letter.....from past me! my school district does this thing where in 8th grade, you write a letter to yourself about yourself (answering a bunch of preset questions + whatever else u wanna add) and then it gets delivered to you your senior year of high school. well, i am There, and the letter was extremely amusing, bc i was a weirdass lil baby 13-year-old, as @blue can attest to

there was a whole lotta shit in the letter that is laughable now (i.e. "do u still *~*~*believe~**~" x-files type bullshit, plus "i will remain celibate and never date anyone ever") but after the preset question answers..........was a whole few paragraphs in CODE. fuckin encoded shit.

and i didnt remember doing that at all, so i was like daaamn, wtf, im down! it was a simple shift cipher, the annoying part was decoding the whole thing, which is even more amusing bc decoded it basically read "yeah ive got nothing else to say, im doing this to piss off the teacher lol, gl in college" and im just like.....damn, so proud of baby me, what a troll

• Like x 12
  7. smallgayghoul

smallgayghoul Certified Furry Trash

I made new friends yesterday! It was awkward but super fun! I haven't made new friends in a long time so I'm super happy and excited about it! (And I hope that we get to hang out more in the future because they were super cool!)

• Like x 3
  8. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

My Amethyst blanket came today and it's so soft and lovely! Plus my Pokemon N3DS is getting here around Thursday. :D

I also got to get lunch with a friend of mine that I haven't seen in ages today. :3

• Like x 3
  9. SpruceZeus

SpruceZeus 2 spoopy 2 live, 2 creppy 2 die

i accomplished a lot of productive things today and also ate a truly legendary meal courtesy of an excellent local chinese restaurant

• Like x 2
  10. Loq

I found another person who likes Undertale at work!

Also I got a $50 gift card for showing up during the fuckign blizzard, so there's that.

• Like x 1
  11. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

I got a new laptop it is tiny but it has a touch screen that I can poke so it is worth it. :P I'm gonna get a little stylus for it and see if I can draw on it!

(I am still having anxiety about spending money even though I had leftover money from fafsa and I need a computer for school and that is one the money is supposed to be for but the working-poor person in me is saying "why the fuck did you not get the cheapest little chrome book/used computer you can find this is an insane amount of money what the fuck is wrong with you" even though I could have bought something way more expensive except I would have died of a heart attack first.)

• Like x 1
  12. chainsawunicorn

chainsawunicorn 100% Butt

Yesterday was just all sorts of happy for me, tbh.

I sold my first painting, got to pet a very sweet doggy, finally got cable installed in my room, and found out that our new chihuahua-mix will play with sticks!
    We've only had Dolly 4 months and she keeps surprising us with new tidbits about herself. Until this point we had literally never owned a dog who would play with sticks, much less chase after them.
    Sixth time's the charm I guess?

• Like x 2
  13. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Says Garnet, apparently.

14. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

I GOT MY SILENT MOUSE BACK!!!!
    Now i can click without being loud as fuck!
    only problem is its scroll isnt the best, but whatever.
    Also it's a bigger mouse than the clacky one i was using, which was too small!!

• Like x 2
  15. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

right now my heating pad is making me happy. eat it, raynaud's. my feet are rapidly approaching a healthy temperature.

eta: also making me happy: that gemsona maker on dolldivine. u know the one. (i don't even steven universe but i have made so many gems)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  16. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I found four pairs of trousers in my size when I went to the thrift store yesterday! (That almost never happens! And they were cheap!)

17. Acey

I was dicking around on Facebook and I found a message my mom sent me last year, while she and my dad were on a trip:

(Undeniable proof that pit bulls are very scary, of course. :P)

• Like x 3
  18. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

I ate smoked chicken with odika sauce. It was amazing - almost like a mole sauce? I am now seriously considering buying a block of dried odika before I leave Gabon and learning to read recipes in French because there is no way in hell I will be able to get this in the US and I loved it THAT MUCH.

• Like x 1
  19. BPD anon

BPD anon Here I sit, broken hearted

There is an Israeli restaurant owned by an Israeli near me and I just ate there!! HOLY SHIT THAT IS SO COOL

I actually saw the owner as I was leaving and I thanked him for making such an awesome restaurant and he said something like "yeah, I think it's cool too." SOMEBODY FROM ISRAEL SPOKE WORDS TO ME!!!!!!

• Like x 5
  20. Acey

Restaurants owned by members of the culture they're making food from are always amazing, IMO. <3 And GOD, I love Middle Eastern food. So good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice