What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. SpruceZeus

SpruceZeus 2 spoopy 2 live, 2 creppy 2 die

it was raining really hard earlier and i went outside and ran around and got totally drenched it was great

• Like x 2
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

A bit of happiness-by-proxy.

I was riding the bus downtown, and I was chatting with this kid (guessing mid-to-late teens) about Pokemon (he'd noticed my Pokemon N3DS). And he mentioned offhandedly that he'd lost his 3DS and was, understandably, super bummed about it.

Well, unbeknownst to him, one of the many reasons I was going downtown was to trade my old 3DS in for a little extra dough. I happened to have it on me as a result, and I decided that since I wasn't in desperate need of money right now, I should give it to someone who actually needed it.

"Would you be okay with a pink one?" I asked. He said "sure," and I pulled it out and handed it to him. I don't think he believed that I was really giving it to him at first, but I clarified that I really did mean it--that he needed it more than I did, and that I hoped he'd get a lot of fun out of it. He seemed incredibly happy about it.

Seriously, doing nice things for people feels fucking amazing, and knowing that this kid can go back to his Pokemon game and have a good time fills me with determination just makes me smile.

• Like x 13
  3. smallgayghoul

smallgayghoul Certified Furry Trash

One of my friends complimented my photography and was like legit impressed and it made me so happy because I'm super insecure about my photography... /w\

• Like x 1
  4. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Sick dog FINALLY ATE!

• Like x 10
  5. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Got Stardew Valley to work, and it weren't even some basic tech stuff I'm too dumb to grock that did it, it was plain old finagling. Minimize the window whenever the graphics get skrewy. Files and programs are beyond me, but I can fuck around till stuff settles itself into place, no problem.

Anyway, it's a fun little farm sim with lots of crap in it to collect, and my cat likes watching all the little pixel people move around, so she's been laying her scruffy little head right up on my hand and watching the screen with me, and it's just nice.

• Like x 1
  6. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Loads of people have said they liked the recordings of me singing :D

• Like x 2
  7. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

The weather over the most troublesome target site cleared! The plane's out now and it looks like they're going to get maybe 60-70% coverage, which is way more than I was expecting this morning. Not a moment too soon, too - we're leaving in two days.

• Like x 1
  8. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Got to go to a gem and fossil show on Saturday :D Spent ~$150 on random shiny rocks, but. Wooooorth. So many shinies. So many.

• Like x 4
  9. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

show show show show show!

:D

• Like x 3
  10. Loq

(I am planning picture spam eventually, I'll ping you when I post c:)

• Like x 1
  11. SpruceZeus

SpruceZeus 2 spoopy 2 live, 2 creppy 2 die

o woa its my birthday wtf

• Like x 4
  12. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

13. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

i don't really use facebook, but i do have an account. lately, one of my best friends (with whom i am probably in love) has been posting cute animal videos on my timeline pretty much every day. she generally includes a comment about how we'll adopt whatever animal is in the video once we're married (a long-standing joke between us that hurts my heart a little, but in a good way).

basically my entire timeline is just a series of cute animal videos because of her and it makes my heart all. squishy.

• Like x 3
  14. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

There is a sleeping dog next to me. He's warm and soft and kinda chubby and very soothing.

• Like x 5
  15. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

coming home after a hellish day at work, and drinking coffee and pork-marinated eggs in my pjs in a dark quiet empty living room with the rain falling outside and a new Tiffany Aching book in hand. <333

(i'll have to turn the lights on eventually to read it but for now it's just soothing to my soul to have it here lmao)

• Like x 4
  16. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

A friend of mine commissioned me for a button a while back. Well, they just got it, and they love it! (Linking to my reblog 'cause their blog has some glitchy gifs in the background--nothing I think is too bad but better safe than sorry!) I'm pretty happy with how it came out myself. :D

• Like x 1
  17. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I just went down to the beach and sat down in the surf, just beyond the breakers. It quickly became a game of 'see how tight I can hold onto the rocks so the waves don't knock me back' - the sun was warm and the water was cold, and I've got salt in my hair and my mouth and then I went and lay out on the warm, soft sand for a good long while as I read some dragon age fanfic on my phone :)

Good times :)

• Like x 6
  18. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

steve is napping with his paws daintily crossed and his chin on my hand, gently breathing on me. it means that i have to awkwardly type with one hand, but i'm okay with that :)

oh! he's awake. still cuddly though. i love him. i'm slightly dizzy with how much i love this fluffy hellbeast.

• Like x 1
  19. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

The tarot deck I ordered last month is finally in the state! Hopefully it'll be here this week.

• Like x 3
  20. Loq

I thought I had to go into work at 8 but nope, it's 8:30 instead
    I will take an extra half-hour of sleep o/

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice