What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

I needed to do a thing last night, but I fell asleep instead. Woke up this morning in a panic, checked my email, and discovered that the meeting the thing was for is cancelled and I don't have to have the thing done until Friday. Thank you, world. :)

• Like x 2
  2. Queer Disaster

Queer Disaster existing

my sibling is going into an interview for therapy today. They finally listened to my advice from forever ago and I'm just
    so relieved.

• Like x 5
  3. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

double bergamot tea :3

edit: actually double bergamot earl grey tea, not just. solid bergamot lol

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    • Like x 2
  4. Greywing

Greywing Resident dead bird

That sounds fake. I mean that in a pleasant way - it sounds like something one would make up on the spot if one liked Earl Grey and had been asked what they liked more than Earl Grey.

What made me happy today...I guess having the time/energy/resources to make the matcha pound cake I'm about to make.

• Like x 5
  5. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I reconnected with an old friend! I mean, we hadn't lost contact completely but we used to chat and hadn't in ... I don't know, eight years or something ridiculous like that? And part of it was that I just stopped talking to people at one point. I was feeling guilty about it and that was making it harder for me to initiate contact again, and apparently friend felt bad about having not talked in a while too ... and then we talked! It's great, I love talking to my friends, why don't I do this more often?

(It's because my ability to be social is the first thing to go when I'm stressed or tired, but whatever, I'm enjoying this. Well, actually I'm going to sleep. But happy, enjoyable sleep!)

• Like x 4
  6. ectoBiologist

ectoBiologist I'm a wise guy

I GOT INTO BOSTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK WHAAAAAAAAAAAT

• Like x 9
  7. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

sunny out, bright, warm concrete and low-rubber and grease and earth smells, a thing i've been putting off now done, about to eat my favorite soup; being outside feels like a constant summer hug. <3333333

(i get maudlin when i'm hungry shhhhh)

@ectoBiologist BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HIGH FIVE :DDD

• Like x 3
  8. ectoBiologist

ectoBiologist I'm a wise guy

9. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

ARTICULATORY PHONETICS.

10. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Saw TMBG with @Kishona and we met Danny Weinkauf (the bassist)! He was super nice and we even got a selfie with him. :D

[​IMG]

The concert itself was super rad too! THEY PLAYED THE END OF THE TOUR OKAY. That song is my fave and I love it. <3 And Britt loved it! Was so happy to take her TMBGinity. :3

• Like x 3
  11. Greywing

Greywing Resident dead bird

I made a cake for no particular reason, other than that baking is enjoyable and satisfying. Dark chocolate with coffee, raspberry layer in the middle, dark chocolate ganache on top and a sprinkling of cacao nibs.

IMG_4055.JPG
    IMG_4058.JPG

• Like x 7
  12. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

It's warm n rainy an there's a big old rumble rollin in c: summer storms starting early this year!

• Like x 1
  13. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

had a really good talk with my...friend? ex-partner? whatever we currently are...yesterday. things got straightened out and it was good.

• Like x 5
  14. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I talked to Fireman Brother on the phone for almost an hour, I think, and he sounded pretty upbeat and I got him to laugh two or three times. This is pleasing considering he's seemed tired/down the past few times we've talked.

15. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Got an iPod Classic docking station/speaker thing at the thrift store, and it works a dream! <3

16. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Happy sobbing about the Fair Folk. They're their own entire species and they don't need us but some of them like some of us that they move with us. So like family. Family in the magical mafia. When we're all dead and gone they'll go and keep on keeping on with their lives and doing stuff. Like they did before us. But while we're here we've formed relationships with them and can keep doing so.

There is a sense of kinship with the gaelpol thing. This makes me very happy.

• Like x 1
  17. The Phoenixian

The Phoenixian Not an eldrtich abomination, but getting there.

I have made me happy recently. Don't often do that, but sometimes it's nice to treat yourself to some joy. :) And, nope! that's not a euphemism for anything, see below.

Also, after literally a decade of wanting to teach someone how to use their emotions like muscles, I finally got around to posting this topic somewhere.

• Like x 1
  18. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I made a shield! I had a lot of help, but I did about half the work, I think. I will be even happier if I manage to make it to any of the classes the shield is meant to be used in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The holes around the edges are for lacing which will be used to tie on padding so that the edges are less likely to do any serious damage.

• Like x 3
  19. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I found this Eridan thing I did in 2012 and I still think it's o ne of the coolest things I made, even if it's very basic. I haven't evolved a lot since then artistically but i'm still feeling pretty great about it for some reason...
    eridan.jpg

• Like x 3
  20. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Went to a local con over the weekend with a friend, got way too many cute buttons and also finally found dice in the color combo I've wanted for two years.

Also also, re-found a fic I was starting to think was a hallucination. Taste level questionable, but it's still decently written and it fucking exists I knew it--

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice