What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

As I mentioned in the food thread, I made spaghetti sauce and it came out really nicely! I then used it as an ingredient in a delicious spaghetti pie.

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  2. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

That sounds amazing.

LRR did another fun series called "Daily Drop" that I was planning on going through again tonight if'n sleep evaded me again (slow-mo of lots of things falling off a stepladder onto concrete, watching how they break/bounce). But I'm gonna give that series a look first, because wow, dynamite, why and also why haven't I already watched this?

• Like x 2
  3. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

It is a VERY long series. Like 6-7 seasons last I checked a few years ago.
    Also dynamite might not be what you're expecting, but it's pretty funny anyway, so that's why I recommend it.

4. Helen of Boy

That just means I get stuff for future bouts of meds-induced-insomnia, even better.

I'm gonna watch all of it.

• Like x 1
  5. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

It's small and silly, but my loot crate came!

• Like x 3
  6. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

i came out to a former teacher Recently.
    he responded with a gif of kirk doing jazz hands.
    And saying he accepted me, obviously.

• Like x 4
  7. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Same here.

• Like x 1
  8. versidue

versidue Bard of Blood

it's really corny, but I've been getting along really well with my mom lately
    she's just really great and nice and maybe it's me being on psych meds now but I'm noticing this really strongly about people now?

anyway I love my mom and I'm really happy about that

• Like x 4
  9. emythos

I have hot cocoa with whipped cream, and am hanging out with friends.

• Like x 1
  10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I have red juice with a bright green straw, and mostly red candy in a bright green silicone muffin liner.

• Like x 1
  11. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I wouldn't say that's corny at all! So many people aren't lucky enough to have great parents, so that's definitely something to be happy about. (Fortunately, I get along super well with both my parents for the most part, but I have a LOT of friends who have kinda shitty home lives and it's like...you can borrow my parents, friends. They treat everyone I bring over like family.)

Speaking of parents, my mom is getting me Daniel Handler's new book today, before my therapy session. And know what's even better? HE'S DOING A SIGNING AT THE LOCAL BOOKSTORE ON MONDAY!!! A Series Of Unfortunate Events was a huge part of my childhood (which...kind of explains a lot about me), so getting to meet The Actual Lemony Snicket is kind of a dream come true. c:

• Like x 3
  12. Helen of Boy

Might be silly to say, but I will. This forum and y'all are super nice, even if I feel like I'm still super awkward at talkin' to folks. It's really nice to be here, to be able to be me and say things without worrying too much about everything. Even if I say something dumb from time to time, it seems more likely I'll be corrected and can learn rather than having everything be terrible forever.

Extra big thanks to @Acey and @Kijikun and @Re Allyssa for helping me deal with loneliness/insomnia/new dose/depression/etc last night. It might not seem like much on y'all's end, but it really, really helped.

• Like x 7
  13. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I slept! Actually went to bed before midnight and woke up in the morning hours! And now I've got Kintsugi and poor man's mocha (coffee+hot chocolate powder instead of sugar). It's the simple pleasures that do it. ^^

• Like x 5
  14. emythos

I have girl scout cookies!!!!

• Like x 4
  15. wes scripserat

gonna be corny
    this forum
    it makes my day to see people being awesome.

• Like x 6
  16. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

YES! I've been actually gushing out with my physical realm friends about how happy I am to have found an online community I belong to again (the last time I felt this would be when I became ML for NaNoWriMo Brazil, and it's been a couple of years since then).

17. wes scripserat

it's just
    y'all are so awesome!

• Like x 3
  18. emythos

This is the best forum, absolutely. This is also the only one I've ever managed to post on without freaking out.

• Like x 5
  19. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I still get a little freakout sometimes when I realize I've shared something I don't usually, but it's really easy to go "no, these people are cool. It's cool," and then I get proven right and it reinforces the whole thing so the next moment of panic is easier to logic out of.

• Like x 3
  20. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I just successfully dropped my women studies minor! To paraphrase and redirect John Mulaney here: In terms of instant relief, [dropping a minor] is like crack cocaine.

The capstone was being taught from Bordo's work, and people were dropping the word "problematic" nearly every third sentence...teeny little echo chamber.
    Plus, I mean, I skipped like a week on accident last week when I was reorganizing everything, and it's really heavy on "come every class period, and don't just be 'physically present', be 'mentally present'." I can understand why you'd want students to be mentally present, but you can't force them to be by having it in the syllabus. It has to be because you're all talking about important and interesting concepts.

And I did it all without having to leave the apartment!

Also, at work tonight, they're doing a staff appreciation thing, and giving us free chili. (I work as a janitor at a hockey arena.)

#Also A+ forum #i spoilered the bitching because this is a happy place #and while sometimes i feel happiest about bitching #it's usually not the same in reverse

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice