What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Socket

Socket fuzzy tabletop goblin

I went to a farm the other day and got to meet a whole bunch of very friendly baby goats! They were exceedingly affectionate. Also exceedingly hellbent on eating my favourite shirt, but it was cute and they didn't succeed anyway because they have like no biting power.

(Things I didn't know about goat kids: if you put your hands anywhere near their mouths they will insist on sucking your hands?? Baby animals are weird I love them)

• Like x 8
  2. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

The man running the hostel I'm in for three nights here in Kyoto is insanely nice and has huge things of tourist info and so far I am alone in this six person hostel room and this is v good yes.

• Like x 2
  3. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

The guy running the rock store I went to yesterday was So Excite about geology, he was so happy to ramble about cool rocks :D

• Like x 4
  4. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Our 13 yr old had some friends over, and one of them asked about the stitched up cut on my hand. I said "There was an eyeball growing out there so I cut it out. I probably shouldn't have been reading that book out loud."

• Like x 11
  5. Loq

Pretty striations on duck eggs

• Like x 1
  6. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

It just occurred to me that I've been using "Kite" for over 2 years
    And that when I sorta-came-out to the people at thursday night mathematician game night, everyone was like "ok sure" about using "Kite" instead of my old name

• Like x 2
  7. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Is that pronounced Kyt or Kee-tay?

My happy: 3D printing the enemies for tonight's D&D.

• Like x 1
  8. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

A friend I'd thought I'd lost to suicide just started reblogging posts recently. The posts were made after their queue popped their goodbye note, so it can't be things they've queued.

Even if they aren't really talking to me yet, they're alive. I honestly couldn't be happier.

• Like x 8
  9. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

kaɪt, actually, like the kite you fly in autumn ::D
    Or the bird, I guess
    But mostly the thing of struts and fabric or paper and thread you let fly.

• Like x 3
  10. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

My housemates gave me ice cream! And stew! Not at the same time obviously but it's still a really nice gesture. (And now my anxious cat is sitting on my lap I am Truly Blessed.)

• Like x 3
  11. Loq

Apparently someone in the area has peacock(s)?? I went down to the store for breakfast foods* and there was one chilling on the side of the road. Not a statue, moving and shiny and aaaaaaaaaaaa
    (I am a little worried about the pretty bird but from what I understand peafowl tend to be escape artists anyway??)

*Secondary happy: I have donuts and plums for breakfast now :D

• Like x 3
  12. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

GIANT RAINBOW

WEIRD CLOUDS

THUNDER

THE SKY IS DOING EVERYTHING I LIKE

• Like x 5
  13. versi2

versi2 ???????

a bird got stuck in our house but I caught and released it :D

I spent like an hour following the poor thing and it's the most exercise I've gotten in weeks and I feel weirdly accomplished

• Like x 8
  14. glitterchance

glitterchance 34 Vigilant Gaze Engulfs the Void

My 13th wedding anniversary was yesterday. \o/

Also my favorite pro wrestler got the world title belt on Sunday, which set the week off to a great start.

• Like x 6
  15. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

SO MUCH GOOD META IN THE TAGS FOR A FICTIONAL ALIEN SPECIES I AM PERSEVERATING ON, WHO USUALLY GET SHAFTED BY THE AUTHOR AND FANDOM ALIKE

I AM SO HAPPY TO BE BACK IN THIS FANDOM

• Like x 2
  16. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

• Like x 1
  17. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Asked friend about a game they'd mentioned, got infodumped on with a LOT of cool information. They're pretty happy today because of it, and I'm happy because Cool Game and they're happy.

18. Carnivorous Moogle

lorien legacies!

it can be pretty cheesy but it's gotten better and better and reading about the villain species--basically a race (more like two races) of brainwashed, traumatized, bodily-autonomy-violated child soldiers--has been kind of like the equivalent of watching an su where gem culture and its fucked-upness was teased but not really explored or addressed in any kind of sympathetic way until like the very last few installments, and even then not much. IT HAS BEEN A VERY FRUSTRATING THING TO PERSEVERATE ON I AM SO HAPPY PEOPLE ARE FINALLY STARTING TO CATCH ON TO IT

• Like x 2
  19. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i haven't read that before, but i'll consider getting it on kobo

• Like x 1
  20. Carnivorous Moogle

if you want to check it out, go for it! i will warn you the first book is pretty terrible. so much first installment weirdness. so much clunky exposition. so much annoying forced het romance. the only pov is from the boring annoying whitebread main character dude. the actually good characters start showing up from about the second book on, and by the later books there's a pretty good stable of fun, interesting folks playing off each other onscreen at any given time :D

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice