What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Tchaikovsky concert! With fireworks! And Friend! And tasty russian food!

• Like x 4
  2. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

i love this girl SO MUCH...... i love her i love her i LOVE HER...... it's weird, i don't think i need anything from her, i just love her and i love talking to her and i love her face and i had never been in love with anyone before i met her, i just. i love her!!!!!! i am going to explode, she makes me so happy (•>◡<•)

• Like x 10
  3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

• Like x 13
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

[​IMG]

• Like x 10
  5. Socket

Socket fuzzy tabletop goblin

Came home from work to discover a lil blackbird child hopping its way over our driveway! It turns out there's a whole nest of the lil guys hanging out in our hedge. @increasinglyCoherent helped usher it back home so it wouldn't go wandering into the road.

It was just so cute. It had all its feathers (nearly!) but 0% coordination or proper ability to fly (just awkward flapping-to-balance), so it was just bumbling over the grass and tripping over itself because being a baby bird with huge feet for your body and only partially useful wings is tricky. c: What a lovely start to my mid-week "weekend" :D

• Like x 7
  6. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

A red-tailed hawk left a feather in the yard yesterday!
    I mentioned this in my profile status but I need to mention again because I'm STILL HAPPY because I got to see a hawk close and keep its feather.

• Like x 5
  7. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

Another thing making me happy:

Joining this forum finally after seeing it on seebs sidebar for months and months and months, and peeps being cool. Forum! People! Yay.

• Like x 8
  8. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

The Great British Sewing Bee :D The contestants are just so nice to each other and willing to help each other out.
    BBC shows are generally good like that in a way most American competition style shows aren't in my experience. Also the judges are really nice :) Patrick Grant is just adorable.

(See also: The Great British Bake Off, although I can get really annoyed at Paul Hollywood)

• Like x 3
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

oh my god the great british bake off is so good. i've only seen season 5 on pbs last year (chetna and martha were my favorites), and for some reason it was called season one??? but other than that yes it is so excellent. it's like a breath of fresh air after all the high strung, pressure filled shows like chopped and stuff, because they give reasonable cooking times instead of an hour where they end up having to serve something unfinished and shit. even the music is more calm.

i might have to look into the great british sewing bee if it's just as fun.

• Like x 2
  10. Emma

It is just as fun, I promise! And the current season is torrentable if you're interested in that :P

Also "House Rules" from the Australians is really good this season (haven't seen other seasons). And also "My Kitchen Rules" was pretty good (though there were some really catty people on it, but the people who won totally, totally deserved it)

11. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Fwiw, Face Off after season... three? Is full of contestants who are nice and constantly helping each other, to the point that when someone had to go to the emergency room for stitches, a bunch of the other contestants made sure to properly mold and prep their makeups for the next day so that they didn't lose any time.

(The first season is a miss, and the second sort of passable, but the Obvious Drama Hound stormed off set on the first episode of season 3 and all the contestants were so aggressively kind and thoughtful that it affected the culture of the show from then on.)

It's a competition on movie makeup and sometimes the ideas that get thrown out are... bad... but the people interacting with each other are usually incredibly kind.

• Like x 2
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

oh wow yeah i love face off! i'm really behind, i haven't watched it in ages. i love behind the scenes special effects almost as much as i love baking, and i love baking a LOT. looks like i know what i'll be watching for the rest of the week.

• Like x 1
  13. KingStarscream

Yeah it's honestly one of the reasons we even have cable. DVR-ing the Face Off and Cutthroat Kitchen seasons is pretty much the biggest thing our box does these days. :P

• Like x 1
  14. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

FACE OFF

I dont remember which season it was but I got really attached to Laura (blonde woman? made a cool ice and fire themed dude late in the season)
    and then she won (oops spoilers whatever) and i was so happy i got attched to her instead of somone else

(also a weird(?) thing i do with competitive shows is only start after the first few episodes, because then assholes are already eliminated and there are less people to remember names and opinions about)

• Like x 2
  15. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

*checks hulu and netflix aggressively* so hulu has all ten seasons of face off :toot: but no bake off. netflix has a show called the great british baking show and it appears to be season 5 of bake off. there are no other seasons, and it's called season one like i said earlier...:mystery:

16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

also might be interesting to @PRelations , netflix has the first 4 seasons of cutthroat kitchen and hulu looks to have whatever the latest season is. we switched to hulu and netflix because it was cheaper than cable or satellite for the shows we watched, so you might price the differences if that's all you really watch. not really my business, just thought i'd say because i noticed they had it.

• Like x 1
  17. KingStarscream

WHOA HEY WHEN DID HULU GET ALL OF FACE OFF? Aaaaa I've got something new to marathon while drawing I guess!

(I got so attached to Laura and they did her dirty in her first season and I'm still mad about it but I also loved Nora and Rashaad.)

• Like x 1
  18. Emma

Netflix is weird. I was indulging in nostalgia by watching Pokemon and the Dutch Netflix only has 52 episodes of the first season, while there are actually 80-something. This is annoying and I can't decide whether to keep watching, knowing that I won't see the finale :P

• Like x 1
  19. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

I finally got around to getting my ass to the border to pick up the mattress/pillow/boxspring encasements we ordered. (procrastination, what are you) We figured that if we're gonna continue living in apartment buildings, we should take pre-emptive steps to avoid any potential bedbugs ... and also, the apartment we're in now has zero ventilation and is warm literally all the time, so we've had hella dust mite issues. Which don't bother J, but they sure as hell bother me. SO we got the things and I put them on the bed last night. and I slept so well. No itchy anything. YAAAAAAAYYYYYY

• Like x 4
  20. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

I just started watching ep 1 on iplayer, and they're all helping each other! It's so sweet.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice