What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. kmoss

kmoss whoops

We got out of work on time last night, and even though I ended up cleaning twice as much glass on suite level as I normally do, my shoulders don't hurt today! Also I get to do my laundry at a friend's apt tomorrow.

• Like x 5
  2. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

We've had a hardened crust of snow on the ground for a while, so I hung up a birdseed block on Friday afternoon.

This morning I woke up to a pair of chickadees, three tufted titmice, a robin, a song sparrow, a Carolina wren, a starling, a downy woodpecker, a pair of cardinals, a pair of nuthatches, and a yellow shafted flicker. No partridge.

Oh! And a newly tailless fox squirrel who is being quite careful as to how he jumps.

• Like x 6
  3. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

http://anilinkz.tv/series/marvel-disk-wars-the-avengers

have fun :D

it does have its moments. "wait, iron man still hasn't used his best skill!" "the unibeam won't do anything against that!" "not the unibeam..." *5 minutes later* "i told you -- NOBODY can withstand tony's trash talk!"

• Like x 2
  4. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Kitty cuddles.

• Like x 2
  5. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I have so much work to do, and yet...
    This is just, what.

6. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

I worked out how to stop the whistling of wind through my bedroom without closing the window.

(Use a towel as a draught excluder.)

• Like x 1
  7. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Stand Still, Stay Silent has been making me happy lately. Also I have been making progress on some worldbuilding and stuff. and i had a great cuddle today with my husband so that made me happy too. :D

• Like x 1
  8. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

i have my first day of hydrogymnastics today!! it's kinda scary having to go through health evaluation AND be in a swimsuit in front of people whn i'm 1,70m and 10kg, buuut i'll be back in the water finally, doing exercise that i love and apparently all the other people in my class are fat old ladies.

9. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Slightly bittersweet one, but it still made me happy: I talked on the phone with my dad and asked him if I'd woken him up because he sounded drowsy. He said he was just doped up on antidepressants and antipsychotics that he's trying out, which means he's getting help! And I take some credit for it, because I'm the one who singlehandedly staged an intervention for him last november. He says so far all he feels is drowsiness, but still! This is so important.

• Like x 4
  10. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I had a 3 hour conversation today! It started with anime and ended with religion/philosophy. (Okay, it actually ended with "oh man it's so cool how we had this conversation that went through so may weird subjects" but that kind of meta doesn't count. =P)
    Then I went home and had another two hour convo with my roommate about gender and sexuality.
    Conversations are fun =3

• Like x 4
  11. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Had lunch with my dear friend Gui, we talked about videogames and college but then he talked a lot about some shit I can relate to all too well (depression, wanting to give up on college, feeling stagnant in life while his master's doesn't end, mental illness souring his family relationship) and in a maybe innapropriate way I can't describe it renewed my desire to move forward through the recent bout of badfeels.

So I set up trial appointments with not one, but TWO shrinks, so I can see which goes better. First one is in 2 days, isn't covered by health insurance but they charge according to the patient's income and I know for a fact that they offer weekly therapy appointments with the same person who is medicating you*, which is ideal for me. Second one is in a week, is covered by my insurance and the therapist has experience with transgender patients, but might not accept weekly therapy appointments. I'd like for one doctor to be in charge of the full process of treating my mental health, ideally, but if that's not possible, oh well. We'll see how this all goes!

*From what I understand, in the US this is very rare. In Brazil it's a lot more common.

Another piece of nice news: my North-American Lit course that I literally only got because I need the credits is looking like it's gonna be amazing, I'm now really excited! Even though I'm about to skip a bunch of classes for the sake of getting doctors' appointments and all that >.O

• Like x 2
  12. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

I am so happy, I found the memory card with all my photos from my study aboard to Ireland. Thought I'd lost them for good two lap tops ago.

• Like x 5
  13. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Finally got my health insurance carrier to let me throw money at them, am now officially insured. \o/

(christ the phrase "my health insurance carrier" sounds so weird but in the most comforting way weird can sound)

• Like x 3
  14. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Now officially insured again too! Not the greatest insurance but hey, coverage.

• Like x 3
  15. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

@Morven *won't-go-bankrupt-if-we-get-sick bro fist*

• Like x 1
  16. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

AND first paycheck of new job! Physical check so I'm having to go to a bank building, but hey money.

• Like x 2
  17. SpergLordGamecock

SpergLordGamecock Cock of the Spectrum Walk

I just got to spend a week with my best friend. While the weather wasn't fully cooperative, I still got to spend a lot of time with her and explore a city that I hope one day to call home.

• Like x 1
  18. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

I ate a brownie.
    Also my 1-year-old nephew sings when you pat his belly and it comes out all bumpy and it makes me laugh.

• Like x 1
  19. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

The power went out at work today, so me and the nurses had a chat and a snack, hung out for a while to see if we got it back and eventually decided to close early! So I got to lleave 2 hours early and now have extra time in my hands which I'll use to take care of some Important Things and then go home and play Dragon Age :3

As if that's not enough, the one coworker I thought didn't like me very much just told me she's very happy to have me in the office and that it's a relief to see I fit in well and get along with everyone. Which feels EXCELLENT.

• Like x 4
  20. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Something bad happened, and yet it's going to be okay.

Additionally, some of the best things this week happened too.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice