What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Petra

Petra space case

My poem got accepted by my college literature journal!

• Like x 7
  2. Another Shy One

Another Shy One More books than clothes

found out i got an "A" on a presentation I'd done a couple weeks ago and an "A" on my geo test.

• Like x 4
  3. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I got given a task at work late this afternoon and told it might take me a while and the expert is out 'til Monday but to give it a try.

I was done in 30 minutes.

• Like x 5
  4. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

We need a thumbs-up smiley.

5. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I've gotten weird with the writing thing, in a good way. I've spent a lot of years never writing down the ideas I have and putting them all off for some nebulous future time when I magically transform into a better writer/generally more competent human being, but lately I've actually been writing and maybe kind of liking it? Not always, and not often at the time of writing, unfortunately, but I'm starting to think that maybe I could do this writing thing. Not professionally, but. In like a fun, low stress, internet published kind of way. Maybe.
    Having some issues with the stress part, but hey! I've got about seventeen stories all crowing to be written first, so stressing is probably pretty natural. And, related, I'm finding it a lot easier to let things go, lately. Like, I no longer get into dumb funks where I endlessly berate myself for my lack of productivity/subpar performance, so. That's great! It means that i can have writers block and have it not be a huge damn thing. Nothing has to be a huge dumb thing anymore, and I'm really digging that.
    Edit: Oh, and I found that Town of Salem game, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. And, well, I've actually been enjoying the chat! It's nice to reaffirm that I can enjoy talking to people, sometimes.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    • Like x 5
  6. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

My best friends from High School - two girls I've known and loved for almost 10 years - are coming over to my house tonight with their boyfriends and we'll play board games and eat pizza and pet the cats!!!!!! <3

ALSO the weekend is finally here holy hell I'm going to get so much sleep I'm going to get some art done I'm going to treat myself and play videogames wowwww

• Like x 3
  7. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I don't have to work tonight and I had enough creative to draw a little fanart (should i link? Yes. Hell yes.), and it turned out really good. I'm still working on finding my own style, but right now I steal other people's pretty well.

Also I was able to make it to lab this morning at 9, which is fab, since my sleep schedule has been horrible recently.

I think my brain fog is starting to lift - probably because I'm actually getting some sun since I opened the curtains so I could get good lighting to draw.

It keeps hitting me that I graduate in May, and even though I have a lot of work to do before I get out of here, it's starting to feel real.

Plus I hear that temps are finally starting to rise.
    [​IMG]

• Like x 2
  8. lvkz

lvkz Well-Known Karkat

this is cheesy but #blackout day on tumblr is making me happy right now cause it seems like most black topics on tumblr are sj related & so stressful & contentious and it's just nice to support them & spread good vibes and making everyone more comfortable with each other

• Like x 5
  9. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I am home and have my giant puppy sitting on me. =3

• Like x 1
  10. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

While I was out shopping I found pint bottles of Arrogant Bastard Ale so I got one for dad and one for myself since I've never had it. It's one of dad's favorites, so now we're sharing cold ale on a hot evening and sperging at each other.

• Like x 2
  11. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Arrogant Bastard is pretty nice. Double Bastard is even better if you like a stronger one. :) Had one recently, it's happymaking.

12. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Still glowing about last night! My friends came over, we ate a ton of pizza (there's looooooots of leftovers and they said I could keep them all so I'm also set for every meal I'll make this weekend) and we played two rounds of King of Tokyo. And my friend Amanda (farthest left in the photo), who just returned from Germany, brought us all imported candy and gave me a knitted cat hat which is so very much the kind of thing I've been wanting to own <3

• Like x 3
  13. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

My day got off to a bit of a rough start, since I found out that I didn't get the Build-A-Bear job...but I ALSO had delicious chilaquiles for breakfast as per Saturday tradition (thanks, Daddy! <3), and I discovered that my favorite show from my childhood--The Powerpuff Girls--is on Netflix in its entirety! Naturally, the BFF and I are marathoning it.

• Like x 4
  14. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

I nested sub-accounts four deep (look at the sub-accounts thread to see the madness in action) which makes me unduly happy.

• Like x 2
  15. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

I made my baby actually laugh for the first time ever tonight. Not a coo, not a weird hiccup, an honest to g-d giggle.

#worth everything #ok would still like to sleep tho

• Like x 3
  16. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I WROTE AN ESSAY I'M DONE YAAAAAY

• Like x 4
  17. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

That is precious! Cherish that memory. :)

Seriously, baby laughs are some of the most wonderful things in the world. Smiles, too--I get a lot of baby smiles because I have teal hair and generally look colorful and fascinating to small kids, and I feel warm and fuzzy inside every time. <3

I really love kids.

• Like x 3
  18. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

I think I was visited by a ghost cat last night/this morning. I was having awful nightmares of people being tortured. Then I heard a little rustle in the beads that are hanging in my room and felt something small hop up next to me. It definitely wasn't a mouse or squirrel or something since we havn't had any in the house in a long time, and it wasn't one of my pets because I like to sleep by myself at night. I did the standard procedure when I lay down next to my pets though and scooched over a little so they had room to curl up. After that I can't remember the specifics of my dreams only that they were neutral/pleasant.

"ghost kitty chasing away bad dreams" is the stuff of children's books but I swear it really happened!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    • Like x 4
  19. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

@liminal I once had a dream about a ghost cat who rescued me and my brother from being cooked up in a potion by our parents! It was the best, the cat was gigantic and fluffy and led us to the warm and cozy flat of a ghost man with a very gentle voice that told us that ever since he'd died he'd been sending the spirit cat to rescue kids in danger.

Yesterday I made a list of Things that Are Good (sewing, embroidering, knitting, crochet, talking long walks, reading, painting, videogames, writing, talking to friends) and vowed to do at least 15min of each every week. So yesterday I already started sewing a skirt (the materials for which I'd bought in November) and it's going to look SO EXCELLENT. It'll be the first time I sew a garment for myself - I've already patched up or fitted clothes, and I've sewn a costume for a friend, but I've never done this.

• Like x 3
  20. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Ooooooh, I think I might do this! Thanks for the idea!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice