What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Tabbouleh is delicious.

• Like x 4
  2. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I HAVE A JOB! :D

• Like x 12
  3. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

So I'm still having executive dysfunction procrastinating at close to my regular rate (maybe a bit less?? im bad at judging these things) but i've started having this thing where when it gets late and i start feeling bad about getting nothing done instead of just continuing to feel bad i get a rush of 'no i should get things done' and actually do things??? like i wish this rush would happen sooner but im also just. happy that i'm actually being productive in any way instead of spiraling

• Like x 4
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

[​IMG]

Kitten academy!! Puddles of napping kittens!!

• Like x 8
  5. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

• Like x 3
  6. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

Talking about starting Yuri on Ice with my partner, and remembered the video that first made me have any interest in figure skating. Thought some of y'all might enjoy, particularly if you swap in one of the YoI folks. It's an old internet sensation, but I love it just as much now as I did over a decade ago when I first saw it.

EDIT: Holy shit, more than 15 years now. Time, how does it even work? (Miracles.)

In retrospect, I think this is also where I heard Tom Jones' Sex Bomb for the first time, too. Or at least, that I actually listened to it/remember it.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    • Like x 3
  7. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

i get to provide food for the uni opera production again this year and i'm hype. probably gonna be sandwiches. i have made a List of fillings and i wanna make sandwiches so bad. must bottle this enthusiasm for ~2 wks from now.

• Like x 8
  8. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

OJ made me a card! With an itty bitty embroidered sylladex card!

• Like x 6
  9. shmeed

shmeed plant me

my boyfriend telling me that he is so happy to work with me through my troubles, even though they are rough, because he thinks the odds of finding someone as good, kind, interesting, cute, and compatible as me are slim to none. that it's totally worth it because i'm totally worth it. ^o^

(this phrasing might seem a little scientific/callous but it was truly exactly what i needed to hear to stop the anxiety monkeys in my brain that were telling me how unlovable i am. he knows how my brain works and he knows how to make it stick that he cares about me)

also started yuri on ice and NGE with bf and friend today!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    • Like x 4
  10. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Played Overwatch for the first time today, and ended up paired with some REALLY nice folks, including a young fella (from the voice, I'm guessing a boy in his early teens) who showed me the ins and outs of the character I was playing (Widowmaker) and gave me plenty of tips and reassurance! I was SO worried people would be upset with me for sucking but everyone was really supportive and totally understood that I was new and still needed to learn the ropes. :)

• Like x 14
  11. eddie

eddie ...

bf's ring came in the mail!
    passed my first psych test with 100%
    my pulled pork was amaaazing
    got 12 hours of sleep (why what yes)
    no cry all day
    today was nice, yes. >u<

• Like x 9
  12. NatashaBezmena

NatashaBezmena Unnamed&Unseen

Weird week - but I get to snuggle with my sweet baby niece today and her mom didn't get in the way of this! =)

Edited update: her mom got in the way of this ... why am I not surprised?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    • Like x 1
  13. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

I was trawling Youtube for bunny videos to cheer myself up, and I came across this from So You Think You Can Dance. And holy Christ I have watched this thing like 10 times in a row. Cirque du Soleil music? Check. Contemporary dance? Check. People in fuckin' weird rabbit outfits? FUCKING CHECK. This is so entirely my jams.

14. Acey

One of my IRL friends started hormones recently (I think maybe two months ago?), and shi's growing boobs! I'm really happy for hir--most of hir dysphoria has been top dysphoria, so this is super exciting. :D

• Like x 6
  15. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I bought a car!

Vroom vroom!

• Like x 3
  16. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

Giant crowds at the Women's March DC! Giant crowds at all the sister marches! And I got to meet @Chiomi!

Now if you will excuse me I'm going to crawl back into my introvert cave and not speak to anyone beyond the bare necessities of work for at least two weeks holy shit so many people.

• Like x 10
  17. Carrickfergus

Carrickfergus abstractor of the quintessence

A good friend of mine found out today through Ancestry DNA that she has a sister, a brother, and a young niece. They've gotten in touch online through a cousin. My friend's baby son gets to grow up with aunts and uncles and a cousin!

My family -- especially my siblings -- are so, so important to me, it makes me half die of happiness to hear about hers. <3

• Like x 6
  18. shmeed

shmeed plant me

My partner and I have been watching SU with his mom, she has had no spoilers for anything, and whenever I think about her reaction to Ruby and Sapphire fusing in Jail Break I smile

(She gasped out loud and started laughing and saying "oh wow! How wonderful! Oh, goodness!")

• Like x 11
  19. Acey

This is so precious!!

• Like x 2
  20. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Two people have messaged me over the last two days having noticed that I left our group chat and wanting to know if I'm okay

<333 I feel a lot more wanted now

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice