What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I have recently discovered how much I love watching people make miniatures on YouTube lately. Miniature what's? Miniature anything especially if they also tell me how to do what they are doing in a nice soothing voice

Yes hello I want to know how to do landscaping for trainsets

• Like x 10
  2. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Soothingly voiced diys are so nice even if I have no intention of ever doing the thing myself. Cutelifehacks/maqaroon has such a nice voice

• Like x 1
  3. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

So I had the sleepy epiphany last night that when you delete something it isn't really gone, not until you empty your trash. I can't remember the last time I emptied my computer trash bin, but I can't remember a lot of things, so I didn't hold out a whole lot of hope that I would find my lost pictures. Today I remembered what I thought about last night and decided to give it a shot, check my trash, and not worry too much if I had emptied it in the last whatever. guess what was there. I FOUND MY ENTIRE DROP BOX FROM 2014 AND 2015! TWO YEARS WORTH OF PHOTOS THAT I HAD GIVEN UP ON WERE THERE THE WHOLE TIME! I'M SO HAPPY!

also my computer maintenance sills are terrible. I haven't emptied it since 2013.

• Like x 14
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Shovel Knight's developer talking about their process for fulfilling the kickstarter goal of having "gender swap" versions of the main cast. I like the guidelines they approached the task with, especially:
    They still went with a girls-slimmer boys-thicker general tendency, and only the main characters as opposed to the entire cast or anything. But they share the concept art, and drawings for some of the minor characters, and I like what they did with it.

• Like x 7
  5. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

Whoa! That's super awesome. I also like that they have "body" and "text" as separate choices, and the ability to change individual characters to fit rather than an all-or-nothing swap.

Seems like a case of people trying and, even if they might stumble, going above and beyond to get as much right as possible. Thank you so much for sharing!

• Like x 1
  6. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Oh, yeah! That's a good feature too. It's a very promising way of working customization options.

7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Pancakes for dinner because Shrove Tuesday, hell yeah. B)

• Like x 9
  8. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I'm finally getting to start some hardcore acne meds. Epuris, here I come.

(My skin is no longer as bad as when I was as a teen, but the cystic and torso acne never went away.)

• Like x 3
  9. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I made a cool discord channel specifically for helping people make new internet and potentially irl friends! The idea of meeting up in a dating-site style matchup was someone else's idea and they're huge platform spread the word, but yeah! We have a new friend meeting place!

• Like x 8
  10. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

This pure image i found when googling borzoi memes

3695a21fef6047fab1df5550b6cebbcd.jpg

• Like x 14
  11. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Lap full of dogs.

• Like x 3
  12. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

I found out that Siouxsie and The Banshees did a cover of 'Trust In Me' from The Jungle Book and it is everything I ever wanted.

• Like x 2
  13. I didn't get hit by a car today!

• Like x 6
  14. Helen of Boy

After a very long hiatus, Loadingreadyrun's on-location reporter Gibb made it out to do a midnight launch investigative report. I don't know how to otherwise express how happy that has made me, even if I won't be getting a Switch myself for quite some time.

Actually, come to think of it, LRR's really made the last week or so for me. New episodes of Sidewalk Slam and Qwerpline, the conclusion of a two-part sketch they began in December about marketing beige to millennials, the presumed capstone on a series of shorts they did about different evil corporations looking for investors (with Umbrella, Weyland-Yutani, NERV, and Cyberdyne)... they've really helped me pull out of a slump this week.

• Like x 1
  15. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I'm actually being like, exactly as productive as i want to be so far this weekend; if this keeps up all weekend not only will i be on a great track to breeze through finals, but i'll be so fucking proud of myself. having actual energy and enjoying getting shit done is amazing, thanks meds

• Like x 5
  16. Birdy

Birdy so long

It's spring break!

• Like x 3
  17. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

I went for a walk and saw some cool art and several dogs, including an orange pomeranean who approached me to sniffspect

• Like x 6
  18. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I have acquired a hat for work
    It doesn't mean anything besides that I work in a certain department, but some corner of my brain keeps crowing you have earned your first hat, tiny jäger!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    • Like x 13
  19. I got my taxes done!

• Like x 6
  20. Helen of Boy

I got reminded to get my taxes done! (Thank you.)

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice