What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. blue

blue hightown funk you up

i'm visiting someone in CA and it is soooo lovely to be out of the cold weather.

2. Another Shy One

Another Shy One More books than clothes

Where in CA? 'cause its cold where I'm at (though I hear cold is a relative term...)

Shy's happy thing today: I got some essays back from one of my sociology classes and I got good grades on all of them! XD

• Like x 1
  3. blue

yeah, it is currently seventy and has been >50 for the whole trip so far - I gather this is cold for you Californians but it is soooo much nicer than the northeast right now.

4. kmoss

kmoss whoops

It was 50 today so now all of our windows are open
    although right now it is 37 apparently
    It is so nice right now though

(I live in north dakota)

5. Another Shy One

Another Shy One More books than clothes

that is the complete opposite of where I'm at. It was around 70-ish the entirety of last week and this morning I woke up to 43 degree weather, and yes it is cold for us, my fingers are freezing xp.

6. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Keeping in mind the relativity of cold-ness (stay warm yo):

It was 6C (43F) today, and everything's melting, and I didn't need a coat, and it was glorious.

Except for my car running out of windshield washer fluid and having to peer through a layer of dirt. Less fun. But SPRING

7. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

I am super happy because I just got a call that I have an intake appointment for treatment for mental health and autism issues. It's not til the end of march but still.

• Like x 6
  8. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

1. New antidepressants (never taken any as my depression is manageable without them, but always wanted to know if it could be even better and now have the chance to find out)
    2. New glasses (GORGEOUS and SHINY and with an ACCURATE PRESCRIPTION, also more UNISEX than the previous cat-eye polkadot pair I had)
    3. There is another thing but I don't even wanna talk about it so I don't jinx it >..<
    4. Gonna have dinner with my dad and bro and lil' sis-in-law at a pizza place

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    • Like x 6
  9. kmoss

kmoss whoops

today at my adhd assessment appt one of the lady's questions was "do you have problems with fidgeting" as i played with her pencil, bounced my leg, and swiveled in the swivel chair like I had been doing for the past hour, so that made me chuckle

and also it was like 50 degrees today so i only wore a jacket and a beanie (and some other clothes too) and i can see all the grass, and it is perfect weather for making future plans and drinking coffee

and this week i have actually been making good drawings, so I am also excited for that (and i need to practice, so if you have a selfie or any picture that you like, i would make a draw of it)

and i get free food tonight so yesssssss

• Like x 4
  10. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

I got to open a window for the first time in months

..... briefly so it wouldn't trigger the thermostat, but still.

• Like x 4
  11. blue

I have a sweatshirt with a pattern of insulting candy hearts saying things like "AS IF" and "DROP DEAD" and I looove it, it is so stupid and great.

• Like x 7
  12. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

I got a Monster High wig off my wishlist today! Yay! Thank you person!

• Like x 2
  13. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

Emotionally torturing OC mobsters, apparently.

• Like x 2
  14. albedo

albedo metasperg

Finally warm enough to walk home from work. :D I'm bribing myself with the St. Vincent de Paul's that's on the way, which has the best books.

15. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

Well, being as weather is the topic... There was sunshine!! <3 (I am 90% certain I have SAD)

Also, my moirail was showing me the art she was coloring, and I jokingly asked if she wanted to color this comic thing I'm working on. She said yes ^_^ this was particularly nice because I've been working on it since last summer-ish, and my brain has been unable to get over the coloring roadblock. It's all drawn out, and scanned in, but I just couldn't get myself to do the next part with any sense of satisfaction.

Anyways, it's still a WIP, but here's the first part thus far:
    image.jpg

• Like x 4
  16. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I ate two microwave burritos, then two more, then slept for twelve hours and woke up to that peculiar overfull sleepy soreness, like someone's gone and stuffed my limbs half full of warm sand. Nothing productive was accomplished, but I feel really satisfied for the first time in a while. I'm not weird and restless, there's no unfulfilled drive to get up and do things coupled with an unerring sureness that whatever I do will be unfulfilling. I'm just warm and full and content. I feel like a bear. :]

• Like x 7
  17. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Sollux kitty likes to wait until I wake up and then climb on my chest in bed and lick my fingers and demand pettings while he purrs like a tiny potato-shaped chainsaw. It's the best thing to wake up to :3

• Like x 6
  18. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

[​IMG]

ice cream sandwiches, banana pudding, chocolate pudding, and vanilla pudding. mmmmmmm.

• Like x 2
  19. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

yesterday I bought a bunch of new nail polish and did my nails with my bff. I've never been really "girly" so it's kind of surreal so be painting my nails and getting excited over nail polish. But I think vastderp & co. made me realize that it can be a creative outlet and not like... idk "girly thing my mom wants me to do with her more often" association it had in my head beforehand.

It'll be really nice to have something to bond over with my mom though. I mean I enjoy dressing up sometimes but I tend to be restricting on what clothes I want to wear because of how they feel on my body and I just cannot be in pain for the sake of looking pretty the way it is generally accepted is just A Thing Pretty Women Do. And I hate wearing make up and having to feel it on my face. But my mom is the biggest sweet heart ever and I feel kinda bad for not wanting to do anything with her as a kid because she is very feminine and I never was.

Also my friend took me to the gym the other day as her guest! and even though my muscles are still sore I feel so happy and proud my myself for getting in a workout. I want to keep going with her but our schedules are wildly different :(

20. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I GOT A REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#fanfiction writer problems #it's my first review I'm allowed to be excited

• Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice