What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Saw a pretty cat when we went to the park! Seemed to be enjoying the outdoor and the nice weather.

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 1
  2. iff

iff Well-Known Member

a shiny bun
    bun.png

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

the guys doing landscaping in the neighborhood have their dogs with them. we've heard the dogs' names thanks to the one guy yelling at them to come back here, don't go in there, and so on. hercules and loki. me and one of the roomies are giggling all "what did you expect naming them things like that, those aren't names for obedient dogs."

hercules is a black puppy ofsome sort, maybe lab?? with white toes and nose. i can't get a good picture through the screen window at this angle and i don't feel like pestering the guys when they're already riled by dog inconveniences

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 2
  4. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

My Fidget Cube finally arrived! It's perfect—the perfect size, attaches right to my belt in the perfect position for fidgeting with, and even the sides I didn't think I'd be into, I've already been using. (The control dials feel so nice. :D) Best delayed birthday present ever.

• Like x 6
  5. I got to see my friends at Sakura con! I introduced some of my friends to each other, too! I met a really cool undyne cosplayer and we're gonna talk on Facebook! I got some nice merchandise too!

• Like x 4
  6. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

Beating Dragon Age II and getting Fenris to come back and hang with me again for the very end

• Like x 6
  7. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

The waitress came back after I ordered my milkshake to confirm that, yes, I did want a blueberry-orange-rootbeer shake, that was all one shake and not multiple, she had not misheard me.

Better still, it was delicious. Even someone who doesn't share my weird fascination with flavour mixing thought so.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

[​IMG]

• Like x 6
    • Winner x 6
  10. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

I finally watched the season finale of Sword Art Online Abridged, and holy shit that was good. SAO Abridged has always been incredibly well done and polished, but that was a cut above even the rest of their work, imo. And Abridged!Kayaba was already one of my favorite things ever and they made him even better with every minute of screentime.

And they're planning to keep on going, too. I can't wait to see what they end up doing with Alfheim, because... yeah. If anything needs their team's help, it's that trainwreck. :P

(also I legitimately ship the hell out of Abridged!Kirito/Asuna, help)

• Like x 2
  11. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I had an amazing time today at a meeting and I met a cute guy and so far I have managed not to analyse possible possibilities to death, so I am winning

And I have a huge ass stupid grin on my face and it is glorious!

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 2
  12. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

A longtime friend just got legally married! She and her husband are holding off on their actual wedding wedding until immigration paperwork and such is done (he's from the US and she's from Canada), but I'm so happy for both of them, especially because she's had a lot of really awful relationships in the past and her husband is a genuinely great guy who treats her right. :D

• Like x 9
    • Winner x 4
  13. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Went to a pops concert at the symphony, it was a good

• Like x 2
  14. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

bat scritches!!!

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  15. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

I just took the easiest latin test in the history of ever, it was a paragraph from the book that I had already read several times and basically knew from memory. Until now I was really stressed about it, but afterwards I'm so relieved.

• Winner x 3
  16. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

it may seem trivial, but my cat has taken to sitting on me when i go to bed, and this is probably my favorite thing

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 6
    • Agree x 1
  17. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Ahhhh same??? I watched it over the weekend and then watched the entire series in order with my cousin who had never seen it. It's so good, I really hope they do the second act.

Also abridged!Kirito/Asuna ftw!

• Like x 1
  18. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i finally found a thing that was being a real bitch to find!

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 3
  19. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

That is very much non-trivial and I'm very happy for you :D I wish my cats did that. They're not the super cuddly kind unless you're my mum (a.k.a the dispenser of the foods) and that's something I really miss about our previous cat.

So yeah, good non-trivial stuff! :D

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  20. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Tomorrow I'm going to a microbiome symposium and I'm excited (and nervous and dreading how exhausted I will be after)

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice