What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

My mum found an old school songbook so I could look up the full lyrics of my school song. I've had all of it except the second half of the first verse repeating in my head on and off for months and I was going mad trying to remember the missing bit, and for some reason the lyrics don't seem to be anywhere online!

2. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

this stream of chipcheezum and general ironicus playing beyond good and evil (the game)

it was their first LP and they're revisiting it because of the new trailer for the sequel, and they're excite :3 also in the game there's a photo taking mechanic where you get rewards for pictures of every animal, and your uncle will wave at you if you point the camera at him. so theyve started sending in photos of the uncle posing next to/near animals and it's adorable

3. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

The summer storms are baaaaack <3 Big rumbly thunder, much rain!

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 1
  4. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

5. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

[​IMG]

spotted a luna moth earlier!

• Winner x 6
  6. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

That's so amazing!!! And he is a wonderful narrator!!

The robot animals are fairly creepy (uncanny valley) and the Police song in the background is perfect for that and I'm amused.

• Like x 2
  7. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i've been working on an animatic/animation!

also, i just realized that the anxiety that had pretty much stopped me from working on art for years was a fucked up brain chemicals thing (well, maybe not entirely since antis exist but enough of a chemical thing that my meds could fix it).

• Winner x 4
  8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

*spiteful cackling*

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  9. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

That video seriously tempted me to try resurrecting the knife my dad bought at a yard sale and Mom foisted off on me, which me and Sibling call the Serial Killer Knife.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  10. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

One of the roomies taught me a life hack: when it's too warm for blueberry pancakes and syrup, make blueberry cake in the rice cooker and eat it with maple ice cream.

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  11. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

I started a series of humorous posts about weird animals on Tumblr and people seem to like them #'v'#

• Like x 1
  12. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

i started to redesign some old things and it feels really fulfilling to get to that for some reason. i can see the old versus the new already and the comparison is kind of startling. i'm proud of myself. c:

• Like x 4
  13. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

I petted and briefly held a pupperino. A puppero. A young dog. A smol doge

She wag.

Edit: pup pics to be in the animal sightings thread tomorrow when i can transfer them to kintsugi capable devices. There were more doggos but the pupper is the one who was most happiness inspiring

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  14. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

[​IMG]

I'd be happier if she were living, but this is the prettiest thylacine taxidermy I've ever seen.

Also I has a new baby:

[​IMG]

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
  15. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

I went to Pride for the first time last night and marched in the parade with a bunch of other UUs and it was amazing. We almost died getting there because the lady I rode with drives like a maniac, my feet are killing me and I am going to demolish a giant bowl of tonkatsu ramen as soon as the place opens. WORTH IT

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 3
  16. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

holy shit, today's Re:Creators.

I have never seen a more flagrantly, self-indulgently ridiculous recap episode in my life, and I've watched Utena like three times. Meteora, please. Sit down. Step away from the narration, this is clearly too much power for you to handle.

and everyone else come watch this anime with me. please.

• Like x 1
  17. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

Some good things from the music festival this weekend:
    I looked goddamn fantastic
    There was a small child named Sollux
    I sold enough things to come home with more money than I went with
    My dad responded to someone asking if I was his daughter by saying "no, that's my son"
    My mom used the right pronouns all weekend
    My tent stayed dry even though it rained most of the time

Eta: oh I forgot! Another good thing was that there was a group training service dogs to deal with chaotic environments, and they were so cute and worked so hard!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    • Winner x 6
    • Like x 5
  18. Fourth of July fun- burgers, ribs, watermelon and corn on the cob for dinner, smores for dessert, watching the fireworks while my sister blows bubbles outside.

• Winner x 4
  19. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

This convention (Convergence in Minneapolis ) has a sensory break room and even though I don't really need it I'm so glad that's something that a crowded con thought was important to make sure and include

• Winner x 5
  20. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Oh man, I would love for that to be a common con thing! I've fortunately gotten really good at knowing the quiet places at the cons I go to every year, but if they had quiet rooms like that I'd be ecstatic.

THIS IS SO SWEET I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice